View Full Version : 22 May 05

poe
05-22-2005, 06:37 PM
i passed through oklahoma city today on my way home to amarillo and everything looked really good. downtown looked awesome and there were quite a few people walking around. bricktown looked really good as well. i wanted to see more of the northside and edmond, but i was tired and ready to get home. i did stop and buy a book at full circle, though.

Karried
05-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks Poe!

What a nice gesture on your part to mention it!!

Come back and visit soon...

Curt
05-22-2005, 09:29 PM
I miss it all!!!!!!!!!

Patrick
05-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey poe, glad you were able to make a stop in OKC! We were glad to have you. Thanks for the nice comments. Interesting to hear you're from Amarillo....most people consider it to be wasteland. Last time I was there I visited Paulo Duro (spelling?) Canyon, and was quite impressed. It's like a mini Grand Canyon. It gave me a whole different perspective on Amarillo! Very nice!

poe
05-27-2005, 08:43 PM
thanks for the positive comments on the canyon. that's really the most impressive thing around here. everything is so flat and then, out-of-nowhere there's a giant, beautiful hole in the ground. i'm taking a painting class out there this summer.

i used to live in edmond and have always been in love with oklahoma city. i'll probably end up moving back when i finish school.

Doug Loudenback
05-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Regarding Amarillo, it's a nice place.

To be sure, traveling westbound on I-40, you might wonder if you're ever going to see some living crawling creature again during some parts of that trip!

I first went there back in college days on some debate trips from OSU. Many years later (excluding passing through travels on I-40 westbound), my nephew was a student at Canyon Univ (? don't remember correct name ... West Texas State University?) just south of Amarillo until he graduated 2-3 years ago ... that's a great music college there. I went 3 times for recitals. The last time, when he was working to pay his expenses in that colorful restaurant ("eat this humongeous steak and all the trimmings in 60 (?) minutes and it's free" ... you know what I mean but I forget the details), it was quite a pleasure to watch those contestants eat their hearts (stomachs) out in their competition! As well, I enjoyed having a good look at all of the accouterments which adorned most every vertical plane (walls), and so very abundantly! If there was a dead stuffed critter that wasn't on those walls, I'm sure that it was an oversight! It was a fun evening for us all!

As far as I'm concerned, Amarillo and Oklahoma City are cousins in this little part of the world, and I'm kindly inclined towards those out there in that oasis in the Texas panhandle!

Palo Duro was nice, too. I'm glad to say that I enjoyed all of my trips to the Texas Panhandle to see my nephew do his saxaphone stuff!

Doug

poe
05-28-2005, 09:21 AM
thanks doug! i go to that school in canyon. it is a good music school...the music and art people all share the same building. :)