View Full Version : Congrats to Thunder on selecting Baylor's Perry Jones III

cjohnson.405
06-28-2012, 08:29 PM
The Thunder got ALOT of talent tonight to add to the roster. Hopefully, PJ3 can pickup the motor of KD.

This is a great pick for Sam Presti.

Jake
06-28-2012, 08:57 PM
The rich get richer. If Jones III can live up to his potential, the Thunder will be even scarier.

Logan18
06-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Great pick, I think he'll fit in great! I'm glad we kept Harden and didn't try to get Beal.

dankrutka
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Perry Jones is not a Presti type player, but his talent is worth taking a chance on.

CaptDave
06-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Perry Jones is not a Presti type player, but his talent is worth taking a chance on.

I disagree - admittedly I knew nothing about Jones until tonight but his story is a good one. Presti likes "character" and I think this kid has it by the bucket. He overcame a lot of terrible circumstances and persevered to get to the NBA. He will also be surrounded by other young men who will be the first ones to redirect him should he stray very far from the Presti blueprint.

MDot
06-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Here's a pretty inspiring write up on PJ3 from a couple months ago (I assume this is what you're alluding to, CaptDave).

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7630611/the-story-baylor-bears-star-perry-jones-iii-men-college-basketball

BoulderSooner
06-29-2012, 05:50 AM
he is a very hard worker and by all accounts a great kid ..... the knock on him is that he shied away from being the "man" and he deferred to his teammates to much ............the thunder won't ask him to be the man ... ... and he has all world talent ... GREAT pick

BlackmoreRulz
06-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Here's a pretty inspiring write up on PJ3 from a couple months ago (I assume this is what you're alluding to, CaptDave).

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7630611/the-story-baylor-bears-star-perry-jones-iii-men-college-basketball

Thanks for the link, I was wondering what the suspension at the beginning of this last season was for when I saw it on ESPN

ABryant
06-29-2012, 07:30 AM
The NCAA always gives me a headache.

Bill Robertson
06-29-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm glad we kept Harden and didn't try to get Beal.I think the only two peole on the planet that really believed that was a possibility were Beal and MonkeesFan. And I'm not so sure about Beal.

Logan18
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I didn't think we would, but the rumor worried me. Thanks for the link, MDot.

CaptDave
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM

That is exactly what I was referring to.

I still have a hard time with this crap - "Two weeks ago, when Jones tweeted about his excitement over earning a B on an English paper, a "fan" responded that he should quit worrying about his grades and get back in the gym." Why in the hell would an adult say something like this? Just shows how stupid some people are and their utter lack of perspective on sports. I know many people think he is a draft "loser" because he didn't go in the top 10, but I think coming to the Thunder is going to be good for Jones and the Thunder. I am glad to see the kid have something good happen to him.

MDot
06-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I still have a hard time with this crap - "Two weeks ago, when Jones tweeted about his excitement over earning a B on an English paper, a "fan" responded that he should quit worrying about his grades and get back in the gym." Why in the hell would an adult say something like this?

I had/have the worst feeling in my stomach when I read that. I couldn't help but get hot faced over that B.S.

Jon27
06-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Two weeks ago, when Jones tweeted about his excitement over earning a B on an English paper

This shows his character. This is awesome!

Laramie
07-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Perry Jones III, a player Sam Presti selects in his attempt to mold this team. We can't afford too many duds seeing that we are a small market franchise; therefore, the pieces have got to fit into the puzzle.

Attitude will go a long ways with the future of the Thunder. Mr. Jones believes that he can learn a lot from Durant-Westbrook & company. His life is full of act of patience in which P. J. III is willing to wait--because in the long run, anything worth having is worth waiting on...