View Full Version : If anyone is interested

Curt
05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
http://www.savethemustangs.org/

Curt
05-19-2005, 10:02 PM
As you may have heard, Ford Motor Company recently intervened to help saved several dozen wild mustangs from slaughter. Fifty-two of these rescued horses now have a new home at the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary in South Dakota.

Today I am pleased to announce that Ford will work with the U.S. Department of the Interior to save an additional 2,000 wild mustangs from slaughter and transport them to new homes. We’re also establishing a fund called Save the Mustangs to maintain the legacy of these beloved animals through contributions that help ensure their long-term sustainability and care.

Even in challenging times, Ford has always been a company that cares about the communities in which it does business. This commitment is a central part of our ongoing business strategy and vision for the future. The Mustang has helped drive our success for more than forty years, by supporting its namesake we can return the favor.

I’d like to encourage anyone who is interested in helping this worthy cause to visit www.savethemustangs.org to find out how you can make a difference.

Karried
05-20-2005, 08:03 AM
That's awesome! What a worthy cause! Thanks for sharing...

Curt
05-20-2005, 09:03 AM
That's awesome! What a worthy cause! Thanks for sharing...

Anytime, we got that e-mail yesterday and thought I would spread the word. I think it is for a good cause.

mistress_x123
05-23-2005, 03:55 AM
It great to see they are trying to save the mustang. But there are also other horse that are sold every day to slaughter, just because people don't want to deal with them anymore. People are wanting a horse with paper so a lot of well train horses are to to these places and you can find a good horse sometimes at an auction all over this state. Please rember that when one of your friends say they know someone who is looking for a horse. I have saved several from slaughter. IE my best horse a mare who i bought out from a kill buyer. Got her home and the next day took to vet to find out she was bred. Kill buyers don't care about that when they buy them.

Curt
05-23-2005, 05:23 AM
It great to see they are trying to save the mustang. But there are also other horse that are sold every day to slaughter, just because people don't want to deal with them anymore. People are wanting a horse with paper so a lot of well train horses are to to these places and you can find a good horse sometimes at an auction all over this state. Please rember that when one of your friends say they know someone who is looking for a horse. I have saved several from slaughter. IE my best horse a mare who i bought out from a kill buyer. Got her home and the next day took to vet to find out she was bred. Kill buyers don't care about that when they buy them.

I agree, I love all horses, dont own one, but they are beautiful creatures and I hate to see any of them slaughterd. I mean, if Ford built a car called the Palomino they would be saving the Palomino's. I know Ford is just doing it for the publicity, trying to make themselves look good, but still it is a good cause, and for that I admire what they are doing.