View Full Version : more relocation help!

soonermike81
06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, I noticed that others were posting on here about relocation help. So, I thought you guys might be able to help me out a little bit. Wife and I want to eventually move back to OKC, and we've been just looking around online for fun. It's amazing what I have been finding; never knew of some of these areas existed while I was living in the area.

Can you guys tell me anything about the neighborhood that sits in between 36th and 30th on the north and south, and May and Villa on the west and east. Saw some random homes in there that looked really nice, and didn't know that the area was that nice. Assumed since it was near NW Classen High School, that the immediate area would be dumpy. Thanks for any info.

Spartan
06-25-2012, 11:06 PM
The area around NW Classen is actually not a bad area at all. South of 30th is better, homes are smaller closer to 36th, but the square you asked about is just fine. Across Villa has some dumpy blocks, but it's very inconsistent - I know some people with beautiful homes. These are the Venice and Sequoyah neighborhoods. I think this area, along with Putnam Heights, is making a lot of improvement now.

Jim Kyle
06-26-2012, 07:50 AM
The Cleveland neighborhood, from NW 23 up to NW 30 and Villa west to May, is also fairly nice for the most part although it gets better up around NW 27 to NW 30. I lived in that area from 1967 through 1982; Vince Gill grew up on NW 25 just a block north of my house. Especially along Venice Blvd, the homes were in good shape and mostly owned by those living there. Very little rental property in the area.

The closer you get to commercial zoning on NW 23 and on May, the less desirable the residential properties, of course. But the quality rises pretty rapidly as you move away from those strips. The neighborhood associations have done a great job of preserving quality of life in all three of the mentioned areas.

soonermike81
06-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys for the info! Looks like we may have to drive around and check out the area next time we're in town. Please let me know if you guys know of any other areas similar to this in the city. We would prefer a home built in the 70s and earlier, but in a neighborhood that is very well kept. Not necessarily interested in the up and coming areas like Mesta Park, where it's becoming so desirable to live that houses are becoming unreasonable. But not opposed to it either. Just looking for hidden gems in unknown neighborhoods. Thanks again!

CCOKC
06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
I looked at an open house in that neighborhood about 2 years ago that was phenomenal. I couple of architects that live around there had completely redone it. According to the listing agent the house was a real dump before hand and the guys wanted to give something back to their neighborhood as well as protect their own home value. As I recall it was aroung 32nd and Villa. If I did not have to fix up my own house to sell first I gave serious condideration to buying that house. I got the impression that they may be looking for other houses to fix up in the area as well.