Ungrateful people...

Full Story-
http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/woman-wins-toyota-gets-toy-yoda.jpg

Roadhawg
06-24-2012, 02:29 PM
LOL no sense of humor

Matt
06-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Here's the "full story" - which happened around eleven or twelve years ago.

http://i.imgur.com/j8O9c.jpg

CuatrodeMayo
06-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Yea...and she won.

http://www.snopes.com/business/deals/hummer.asp

kevinpate
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Had a Scouter friend in CA who used t0 lead Cub Scout roundtables ... monthly meetings of Cub leaders to swap program ideas, learn about local events, training, etc.

To boost attendance, he and his crew ran silly contests from time to time.
Some were decent prize giveawys, but most fell into gag territory. Like the toy-yoda giveaway, or the free washer/drier combo (metal washer and a dish rag with a clothespin or three), or the three piece chicken dinner night (three corn kernals in a dixie cup)

Achilleslastand
06-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Wait a sec......You expect me to believe she was a Hooters waitress?

Snowman
06-24-2012, 10:28 PM
If she is suing, why wait so long.

White Peacock
06-25-2012, 09:18 AM
I'd be extremely pissed too. The store had a month long contest promising a Toyota as the prize for selling the most beer, so obviously everybody worked their ass off pushing as much beer as they could, and the winner was given a toy. It's the kind of punchline that works well in a joke, but horribly mean when a whole team of servers spent a month with the hopes of winning a new car.

RadicalModerate
06-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Wait a sec......You expect me to believe she was a Hooters waitress?

The Snopes article indicates that she worked at "Gulf Coast Wings" . . .
(I can see that . . . she does remind me a little of that hen that was always after Foghorn Leghorn . . .)

Swake2
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
that seems to have been the name of the Franchise owner, not the name of the restaurant.

Matt
06-25-2012, 09:37 AM
The Snopes article indicates that she worked at "Gulf Coast Wings"

No it doesn't.

Although the preceding suits might seem to lack legal sufficiency, a waitress at a Hooters restaurant in Panama City, Florida, was able to wring the value of the prize she had thought she'd won out of the company that had pulled what it described as an April Fools' joke. In 2001, 26-year-old Jodee Berry had bested the other servers at her restaurant in a competition to see who could sell the most beer in a month to that eatery's customers, with the winner to receive a new Toyota. When the day came for her to be presented with her prize, Berry was led blindfolded to the restaurant's parking lot to receive her award, but when the blindfold came off she was devastated to learn that the promised jackpot was not a Toyota automobile but rather a toy Yoda, a Star Wars doll. She quit her job and sued Gulf Coast Wings, Inc., the corporate owner of the restaurant, alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation. In 2002 the suit was settled for an undisclosed amount of money, which one of the attorneys involved in the case said would enable her to go to the local car dealership and "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants."

BradR
06-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I remember reading this story years and years ago.

RadicalModerate
06-26-2012, 07:42 AM
"No it doesn't."

Dang! I misread the article. my bad . . .
But that doesn't take away from the fact that she looks more like Foghorn Leghorn's wannabe girlhen than your average Hooter's beer slinger.

http://onefoggy.tripod.com/images/prissy.jpg

Midtowner
06-26-2012, 03:59 PM
How does this rate as a "current event"?

Go spout your hatred for the legal system somewhere else. This woman and her coworkers worked their butts off to perform for their employer and the employer breached the agreement and apparently admitted as much by settling out of court. If Gulf Coast Wings (not Hooters) was willing to pony up the money, I don't see how you have much of a claim of injustice here.

WilliamTell
06-26-2012, 04:51 PM
I saw this post on facebook, did some research and saw that it was solved a LOOOONG time ago. I thought it would be a fun 'Sunday afternoon' discussion. I will admit, when i read the story about her Toy Yoda, i did truly LOL and that doesnt happen very often.