View Full Version : Sandusky found GUILTY!

Prunepicker
06-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks goodness!

From Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/sandusky-jury-has-reached-verdict/)
BELLEFONTE, Pa. – A court official says the jury in Jerry
Sandusky's child sex abuse trial has reached a verdict.

The 68-year-old former Penn State assistant football coach is
fighting 48 counts that accuse him of abusing 10 boys over 15
years. He could spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted
of all counts.

ljbab728
06-22-2012, 08:34 PM
No surprise at all. It was a good day overall for the protection of children.

http://news.yahoo.com/pa-catholic-official-convicted-endangerment-181337029.html

Easy180
06-22-2012, 08:42 PM
45 of 48 counts...Safe to say he won't be seen in public again...Anyone else that had any knowledge at all should join him

PennyQuilts
06-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I just listened to the defense counsel and I must say that was the freakiest thing I believe I've ever seen by a fellow member of the bar. Just when I thought he couldn't say anything more unethical (for defense counsel), he would lurch into something that topped what he'd said, before. I would say more but I'm still stunned.

I hope this helps the victims find peace.

Prunepicker
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Hopefully he'll be put in the common cells. Prisoners can't stand
child molesters. That would be the ideal sentence for such a
crime by such a pervert. It's far better than a death sentence
and very appropriate.

Roadhawg
06-23-2012, 07:08 AM
I just listened to the defense counsel and I must say that was the freakiest thing I believe I've ever seen by a fellow member of the bar. Just when I thought he couldn't say anything more unethical (for defense counsel), he would lurch into something that topped what he'd said, before. I would say more but I'm still stunned.

I hope this helps the victims find peace.

Didn't the defense say that after the jury was already out and unable to hear what he said? I'll admit it surprised me as well he said that even though it was true.

Roadhawg
06-23-2012, 07:09 AM
45 of 48 counts...Safe to say he won't be seen in public again...Anyone else that had any knowledge at all should join him

Agreed ... Looks like they got a higher up in the Catholic Church for a coverup.

PennyQuilts
06-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Didn't the defense say that after the jury was already out and unable to hear what he said? I'll admit it surprised me as well he said that even though it was true.

Yes, but that isn't where his ethical obligations as an attorney stop. He was sharing conversations and advice he gave to his client and publically dismantling common grounds for appeal when he didn't need to. Clearly, he hadn't had time to consult with his client at any length following the verdict as to whether he was free to share that sort of information, strategy, etc. And in terms of judgment, IMO, praising the jury, the judge, expressing respect for the verdict and stating there was overwhelming evidence against his client was utterly inappropriate, even if true. He sounded more like he was clearing the decks for his OWN career in the community than he was defending his client. I can't imagine an ethical attorney in his right mind who would have gone on the courthouse steps immediately after that verdict and said those things. At the least, he should have slept on it, consulted with client, etc. Nothing he said helped his client and that is the only thing he needs to be concerned about at that point.

The only possible reasons he was running at the mouth, seems to me, was because he lacked the self discipline to SHUT UP, or he was more worried about his own reputation as an attorney than his obligation to his client.

I wouldn't hire him to defend me for a parking ticket - he'd probably be out convicting me in the public eye even if I won. I've seen lawyers in a courtroom make far less outrageous comments about their client's case and seen judges about come off the bench in outrage at their lack of professionalism.

Bill Robertson
06-25-2012, 06:31 AM
45 of 48 counts...Safe to say he won't be seen in public again...Anyone else that had any knowledge at all should join himGood day for the victims. I heard the DA say that they are looking into others that knew and did nothing. I hope they nail them too.

Roadhawg
06-25-2012, 06:55 AM
Good day for the victims. I heard the DA say that they are looking into others that knew and did nothing. I hope they nail them too.

Me too

Bunty
06-25-2012, 01:18 PM
How wonderful. Another child molester gets entitled to free health care as all prisoners are. Law abiding poor people not eligible for Medicaid have to hope for the best for their health care.

Lord Helmet
06-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Good day for the victims. I heard the DA say that they are looking into others that knew and did nothing. I hope they nail them too.

Does anyone else find it amazing that his wife had no idea? I find it almost impossible to believe.

boscorama
06-27-2012, 06:57 PM
I think his wife is lying.

Just the facts
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Bad news for Sandusky - he is going to prison.
Good news for Sandusky - there will be lots of shower sex.