View Full Version : Miami's "Pageantry..."

Questor
06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Is it just me, or is Miami's whole finals show really small-town-ish? I never thought I'd say that, but it just looks horrible to me. Their filler music programming in their arena is horrible, their MC is boring, their crowd was weak the first game, and I think they have had the same 11 year old girl sing the national anthem all three games.

It really makes one appreciate all that we have here. I gotta say I am usually focused on the game and hadn't noticed these things that much, but it is really amazing how great our Rumble, cheer folks, MC, and all the other support folks are here in OKC.

BlackmoreRulz
06-21-2012, 07:38 PM
I thought that the low key way they announce the opposing team was clever.

Luke
06-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I like the Star Wars death march at the Peake when announcing opponents. :)

Bellaboo
06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
The Miami game experience does not compare to ours. What's with the 11 year old singing all three games ? Is she the owners niece or something...

BradR
06-22-2012, 09:39 AM
I think she sang at every home game if I heard the announcers correctly. I was ok with it, at least she did better than the country singer that sang at OKC in game 2

FritterGirl
06-22-2012, 10:04 AM
The Miami game experience does not compare to ours. What's with the 11 year old singing all three games ? Is she the owners niece or something...

The girl is kind of their good-luck charm. They were 11-2 in playoff games when she sang BEFORE the finals, so it became superstition for her to sing before their games. And hey, if putting that up there was any means of a psychological trick, then it may have just worked.

Agree about Sarah Evans at our game. Was likely the most horrific rendition of the National Anthem I'd ever heard. I've got my own reasons for hating her rendition, but won't get into it here.

Laramie
06-23-2012, 01:40 PM

What else is there to say, the NBA doesn't have the impact or foot print in Miami as it does on Oklahoma City. Miami is a fab-four city with franchises in MLB, NFL, NBA & NHL.

Let's Go Thunder!

OSUMom
06-23-2012, 05:45 PM
I like the Star Wars death march at the Peake when announcing opponents. :)

My favorite was playing the Meow Mix jingle when the Charlotte Bobcats come to town.