View Full Version : Favorite commercial aircraft

mranderson
05-19-2005, 12:25 PM
OK. This will be the place to discuss commercial aircraft. So, what is your favorite... And why?

Mine is the Boeing 777. I like the idea of having a television screen in the seat so I am not stuck watching something I am not interested in. Plus, it has a lot of room in it.

chrisok
05-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Like mentioned in another post I prefer the Avroliner RJ-85 (Northwest). You can't beat the room on this plane. ( I'm a fairly big guy. 6'7" 300lbs. So my comfort, not to mention the comfort of anyone may have to sit next to me is my number one priority.) I've also flown on a United Express BAe-146, which is basically the same plane. The only drawback to these planes is that they are both somewhat older regional jets and they have no entertainment whatsoever. So bring your own music or a book.

As far the bigger jets are concerned, I like the 777 as well. It does depend on the airline though. American's configuration is generous in both seat width and pitch. Continetal and United have good seat width, but the pitch is just average. Delta's configuration is good only if you are a sardine. I also realy like the Airbus 320, especially Jet Blue and Northwest's. I've also heard good things about the A 330, but haven't actually flown on one yet.

mranderson
05-19-2005, 01:35 PM
First a note I forgot. I made this thread because the other one has too many off topic comments about types of aircraft. So. Enjoy this one.

The 777 I flew was from Denver to Los Angeles. In the past, I have flown all the Boeing 700 series aircraft, the A-319, 320, and 330. Plus all the McDonnell-Douglas jets, as well as the Concorde, L-1011, Convair 880, and some Fokkers.

Mostly, I fly United. Yes. The United 777 was quite roomy and had large seats. I look forward to more flights on this one. Plus, it would make a great corporate jet. A family could live on that plane.

HOT ROD
05-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Boeing 777 all the way!

I cant wait until our new airplane (Boeing 787) comes into production! It will totally revolutionize commercial air transportation!!! Until then, 777 rules the sky!

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
My favorite...one that doesn't crash while I'm in it.

Karried
05-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Air Force One - have you seen the interior of that thing?? Tax dollars at work ....

Keith
05-23-2005, 06:10 PM
My favorite...one that doesn't crash while I'm in it. That's what I'm talking about. Maybe that is why I don't like to fly.