View Full Version : Disc Golf

1972ford
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM
OKC needs more disc golf courses the city has the land and if they were willing to throw 20k at it we could set up a couple decent courses. disc golf is a growing sport in OKC and with only 3 courses in OKC our disc golf community feels truely neglected.

I am sick and tired of OKC spending millions and millions on golf courses and the stupid river that most of us TAXPAYERS can not even use. Stop tring to make a buck on every dam park throw us like 20k compared to the 10s of millions it spends elsewhere so we can set up a course or 2. There are flood area along the river that would be suitable for this and nothing else put them in undesirable parks and the disc golf community will help to reinvent the the image of these parks there is city land on hefner and overholser as the airport zones that you are tring to keep developement off of. they would be great green spaces as Trees are always a welcome site in a course. our best disc golf course is at dolese part and one day PCO is going to eat that park for its own use. will Rogers has a decent beginners course they just need more trees for 2 reasons to enhance the game as well as erosion control . I don't know how woodson is but I got mugged by 5 guys last time I was there.

Disc golf is a family sport that people from 5 to 95 enjoy

please incorporate a disc gold course somewhere or let the disc golf community put baskets in parks selected by the city at the disc golf communities expense.

FritterGirl
06-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi Tom,

Your best means of communicating is trying to work directly with Parks staff and/or attending an upcoming Park Commission meeting. It helps, too, if there are many people there to speak on behalf of your issue, so the Department and Commission can be aware of the demand.

kevinpate
06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm not big on your idea of fun times, but if I had your passion for it yeah, what frittergirl said.

And, if your local council person or some of the local powers that be have family in the optimum age range for an afternoon of the game, find yourself an in somehow and then invite them along for a round or two.