View Full Version : Coit's drive in

mranderson
05-19-2005, 12:08 PM
As a teenager, one of the favorite hang outs was Coit's. I imagine it was the atmosphere, as the food was as good as the others. A lot of people would "Drag" the street using Coit's as a turnaround point. I also remember many dates in the car as we enjoyed Coit's root beer and footlong hotdogs, covered with chilli and onions.

All the Coit's have been institutions. Mainstays of Oklahoma City. A memory all of us who were teens in the 50's, 60's and 70's will have in our hearts for eternity.

It is with this fitting tribute in mind, I sadly announce the founder of our beloved Coit's, Don Coit, died yesterday.

I think we all should raise a tall mug of Coit's root beer in memory of Mr. Coit...

May he rest in peace... And, Mr. Coit. Thank you for many wonerful memories.

Don Coit: 1926-2005

MadMonk
05-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I've always liked Coit's. Sorry to hear that. :(

Keith
05-19-2005, 03:36 PM
As a teenager, one of the favorite hang outs was Coit's. I imagine it was the atmosphere, as the food was as good as the others. A lot of people would "Drag" the street using Coit's as a turnaround point. I also remember many dates in the car as we enjoyed Coit's root beer and footlong hotdogs, covered with chilli and onions.

All the Coit's have been institutions. Mainstays of Oklahoma City. A memory all of us who were teens in the 50's, 60's and 70's will have in our hearts for eternity.

It is with this fitting tribute in mind, I sadly announce the founder of our beloved Coit's, Don Coit, died yesterday.

I think we all should raise a tall mug of Coit's root beer in memory of Mr. Coit...

May he rest in peace... And, Mr. Coit. Thank you for many wonerful memories.

Don Coit: 1926-2005
That's sad news. I've always love to go to Coits, especially the one at SW.23 & Western. I get their biscuits and gravy quite often, and then I have their BBQ sandwich in the evening.

Even though Mr. Coit is gone, I hope his restaurants continue to keep their high standards of food and service.

travich
06-08-2005, 06:56 PM
I had no idea about the Coit guy dying. That's nuts. Who's running his business now?