View Full Version : NBA Cut-away Aerials

mmonroe
06-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Why do you rarely ever see the Devon EC in any of the shots when they're doing advertising fills between play time? Is it because its the Chesapeake Arena?

adaniel
06-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Ooooooo Conspiracy! Think I saw Aubrey on the phone with the helicopter pilot!

In their defense, the Devon's LED's don't stand out that well unless there's complete darkness. It just looks very faint from a distance in twilight.

With that in mind, I was less than impressed by their aerial coverage overall. Just lots of dumb, zoomed in shots of the arena.

Pete
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
The Devon LED lights are capable of higher intensity.

When movement is added, it will be much more impressive, especially with the triangles at the top.

Really too bad the system is finished yet but at least they are on.

dcsooner
06-12-2012, 10:43 PM
DT looked dead, no traffic no people

Snowman
06-12-2012, 11:14 PM

Three quarters of the streets nearest to the arena were closed and as far as people most people are somewhere near a TV during live shots.

adaniel
06-12-2012, 11:46 PM

The streets were packed before the game and the live shots clearly showed this.

Once it started, most people are going to be inside watching the game instead of wandering the streets.

No offense, but why are you so negative?

kevinpate
06-13-2012, 05:38 AM
... as far as people most people are somewhere near a TV during live shots.

And that apparently started real early. A chap popped by yesterday, right about when he was expected. He commented he got delayed at work by his supervisor right before he was leaving and thought he'd be late. Said he dealt with almost no traffic at all on the drive to Norman and was surprised how smooth the trip went. We wondered if a lot of people checked out early to hit happy hours and finish up watch party prep at their homes.

BDP
06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
And that apparently started real early. A chap popped by yesterday, right about when he was expected. He commented he got delayed at work by his supervisor right before he was leaving and thought he'd be late. Said he dealt with almost no traffic at all on the drive to Norman and was surprised how smooth the trip went. We wondered if a lot of people checked out early to hit happy hours and finish up watch party prep at their homes.

Yeah, and what was funny is that this was the easiest game to get to for me in terms of downtown traffic. The reason: everyone was already there by the time I got there. I had never seen that many people in the lounges and at the arena bars with an hour to go until tip off.

If not for one dipsh!t with a gun, you probably would have seen a gathering downtown on the scale of New Year's Eve last night.

Bellaboo
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
The streets were packed before the game and the live shots clearly showed this.

Once it started, most people are going to be inside watching the game instead of wandering the streets.

No offense, but why are you so negative?

It's just in some folks nature, they don't even know they are doing it, then on the other hand, they just may not have seen the river of folks an hour before the game out on reno.

Bellaboo
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah, and what was funny is that this was the easiest game to get to for me in terms of downtown traffic. The reason: everyone was already there by the time I got there. I had never seen that many people in the lounges and at the arena bars with an hour to go until tip off.

If not for one dipsh!t with a gun, you probably would have seen a gathering downtown on the scale of New Year's Eve last night.

Usually he doors open an hour and a half before tip off. Last night was changed to 2 hours......it was completely crowded inside well before tip off.

kevinpate
06-13-2012, 02:57 PM

Nah, but if not for a couple of folk who fear everyone not like them is ready to shoot up the town, TA and elsewhere would have had packed streets last night. The shooter was a dip, no doubt, but that one shooter was the excuse, not the cause, for the demise of TA.

A couple of stakeholders and politicos looked at fear itself and apparently got skeered nuf to soil themselves. Sad that FDR was right, but what's done is done.