View Full Version : New Midtown developments

metro
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I thought it would be time to create a thread for the next downtown hotspot, Midtown. As we all know St. Anthony's and the Plaza Court are currently being renovated and expanded. There are alot of other projects going on there right now. Jamaica Jerk, a Caribbean restaurant recently renovated an old building and opened up at 12th and Hudson. I also meet with a few of my business partners who were renovating another classic midtown building last night. This place is almost done and hopefully will be open for business in June. I'll elaborate more on this later.

Pete
05-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anybody have a link to the plans for St. Anthony?

There has been much talk of a masterplan for the campus, with lots of new builidings and open space, but I've yet to see anything specific.

BG918
05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
There used to be a Caribbean restaurant in Tulsa called Jamaica Jerk, I wonder if it's the same owners? It was a great place, I would definitely give the one in midtown a try.

metro
05-18-2005, 08:07 PM
from downtownguy's website:

The sign read “Chicas Mexican Café opening soon.” My heart leaped. Sure, this city sees Mexican restaurants open up just about every other day. But this restaurant is opening at the historic Plaza Court building in Midtown, a landmark that has been closed for more than a decade.

I expressed doubt about anything happening to this building when it was bought by R.D. Smith. I was wrong. He’s wasted no time fixing it up, and getting some leasing activity underway. Rumor is a Subway will be another tenant.

windowphobe
05-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Is this the Chica's that just departed the Classen "Circle"?

metro
05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I wanted to make an update, I drove by again tonight and it is called Taste the Caribbean not Jamaica Jerk like I mentioned earlier. I took pics but they didnt turn out good, I will have to go earlier in the day. The place is a nice remodel though. Also, I got a good pic of the Chica's coming soon sign I will post in my gallery.