View Full Version : 2012 NBA Finals - Thunder vs. Heat / Celtics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Just the facts
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
I can not stand Harden and Perkins is terrible, no thanks

I would trade Perkins for a pack of smokes and $2 (and I don't even smoke).

Spartan
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Next season...

OSUMom
06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
We had chances in other games but this one was not winnable, with all the three pointers.

SOONER8693
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
I honestly think the Thunder gave it up mentally about 2 games ago, when, they realized they would have to beat 8 each time they played.

OSUMom
06-21-2012, 10:16 PM
I honestly think the Thunder gave it up mentally about 2 games ago, when, they realized they would have to beat 8 each time they played.

Everybody but Westbrook. Atleast not for game 4. But this game... yeah.

Durant and Westbrook will not foget this. They like to win toooooo much. They will come back.

bluedogok
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
It seems every team seems to go through this, they lose in the finals the first time through and then come back and win it another season.

adaniel
06-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Anyone know when they are flying back to OKC? May be camping out at the airport tonight.

catch22
06-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Tomorrow around 130-2pm arrival.

Anyone see the ref giving Miami Head Coach a high five?

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/318019_433021626730252_1423152703_n.jpg

Soonerman
06-21-2012, 10:45 PM
The Thunder have some unfinished business next year.

MonkeesFan
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Great season guys! They went through 3 championship teams to get to the Finals, nothing to be ashamed of! Heat is just the better team! The Thunder is a young team, they will be back in the Finals next year against my Orlando Magic! :)

OKCisOK4me
06-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Oh, I hope Perkins gets traded to Orlando, lol.

OKCJapan
06-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Many people going into the finals were saying that the Thunder were going to win it. I think many people were overlooking their inexperience and were basing it on their athleticism. However, Miami is also a very athletic team. Which in a real sense cancels each other out and then your left with inexperience.

Even though they were inexperienced, I still believed the Thunder could win. After game one, I watched some interviews of James, Bosh, Wade, etc. One overriding theme coming from their mouths. was "We're going to do whatever it takes to win"

In contrast, coming from the Thunder side, the theme was "stick together".

Looking at how the last 4 games played out, getting past the bad or lack of refereeing, I saw a Heat team that was battling for loose balls, tipping loose balls, contesting the ball on the fastbreak and turning the Thunder fastbreak into an turnover the other way, offensive rebounds, etc. It was those things in my mind that determined the outcome of the series. The Heat literally went out and did whatever it takes to win.

Does that mean the heat are a better team than the Thunder. No! In my mind, head-to-head, the Heat and the Thunder are evenly matched. No one can stop Lebron James one on one. Same can be said of Durant. No team is going to make 14 threes night in and night out. These factors were not the outcome of the series.
as said above, the Heat did whatever it takes to win.

What this means is that the Heat had a better mentality than the Thunder. Durant always says, "I'm going to keep trusting my teammates that they are going to make the shot or make the right play". That philosophy is great for teamwork. However,
What about doing whatever it takes. Sometimes that means you must step away from the "team is one" mentality and do whatever it takes to get the win. In the series at times the 3 other players were just standing and watching Russ or Durant try to make a play with 2 or 3 defenders all over them.

I think the Thunder should take this mentality a their theme for next season. If you start saying it, others will start saying it and before long everyone starts believing it.

SoonerBoy18
06-22-2012, 12:20 AM
*Gives the Thunder a standing ovation* Great season, proud of our team. Building success to be continued.

Dustin
06-22-2012, 12:26 AM
I hope the fans greet them at the airport! They deserve it after this outstanding season!

OKCisOK4me
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I hope Al Gore was right about Global Heat... (pun intended)

MonkeesFan
06-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh, I hope Perkins gets traded to Orlando, lol.

In your dreams

Spartan
06-22-2012, 12:44 AM
I hope the fans greet them at the airport! They deserve it after this outstanding season!

What time?

Dustin
06-22-2012, 01:41 AM
I don't know exactly. Probably around this time. 2-3AM

OKCisOK4me
06-22-2012, 02:21 AM
In your dreams

Haha... I like Perk. Id honestly never wish that... ;-)

MonkeesFan
06-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Haha... I like Perk. Id honestly never wish that... ;-)

Yeah but it is a shame he played horrible in the Finals, same with Harden

BoulderSooner
06-22-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't know exactly. Probably around this time. 2-3AM

2pm today

G.Walker
06-22-2012, 07:01 AM
I hate to say this, but this was a missed opportunity for the Thunder. I am tired of people saying that they are young, its not their time, and they will be back in the Finals next year. People just don't realize how hard it is to get a ring in the NBA. Just ask Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, the list goes on and on. Anything can happen between now and next year, players are not guaranteed to stay, injuries will come, and other teams will get better. Tomorrow is not promised, so you have to live for today.

BoulderSooner
06-22-2012, 07:28 AM
I hate to say this, but this was a missed opportunity for the Thunder. I am tired of people saying that they are young, its not their time, and they will be back in the Finals next year. People just don't realize how hard it is to get a ring in the NBA. Just ask Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, the list goes on and on. Anything can happen between now and next year, players are not guaranteed to stay, injuries will come, and other teams will get better. Tomorrow is not promised, so you have to live for today.

almost all the players on our team are guaranteed to stay next year .. everyone but nazi and fisher

G.Walker
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
almost all the players on our team are guaranteed to stay next year .. everyone but nazi and fisher

Not true, any player can be traded, there all already rumors that the Westbrook for Rondo trade might be revisited.

Lord Helmet
06-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Agreed. thunder will be a favorite to get back, but in this league there are no guarantees. Your list of players above might be a lot shorter if not for a Mr. Jordan.

BoulderSooner
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Not true, any player can be traded, there all already rumors that the Westbrook for Rondo trade might be revisited.

no there is not .. not from any credible source

kevinpate
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
fwiw, I hope everyone remains.

SoonerBoy18
06-22-2012, 09:41 AM
fwiw, I hope everyone remains.

Nazi has to go.

Just the facts
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Tomorrow around 130-2pm arrival.

Anyone see the ref giving Miami Head Coach a high five?

I saw it and I think he was telling him to stay off the court.

BoulderSooner
06-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Nazi has to go.

next year is the time for cole to grab the 4th post spot .. and hopefully show what he can do .... it would be ideal for him to move into the top 3 post rotation in 2 years and have us say good by to perk ..

G.Walker
06-22-2012, 10:57 AM
no there is not .. not from any credible source

http://www.metro.us/boston/sports/article/1144940--the-rajon-rondo-trade-rumor-has-popped-up-again

I saw the actual segment and Broussard stated this trade might be revisited, and he got the information from NBA executives, so dont think everything is all lollipops and ice cream behind Thunder management doors.

BoulderSooner
06-22-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.metro.us/boston/sports/article/1144940--the-rajon-rondo-trade-rumor-has-popped-up-again

I saw the actual segment and Broussard stated this trade might be revisited, and he got the information from NBA executives, so dont think everything is all lollipops and ice cream behind Thunder management doors.

that is his opinion .. not based in fact ....... westbrook is not being traded unless we are getting back dwight howard

BDK
06-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Why on earth would they trade the guy who brought the ruckus in the finals just to keep the guy who wilted in the finals?

Pete
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Obtaining Perkins gave us the inside defensive to stop the Lakers and Spurs -- big improvement in that regard.

To reach the mountain top, it seems we need a scoring power forward or center. Those are hard to come by but we don't have anyone that can just muscle up the shots inside when Westbrook and Durant are struggling.

But what a fantastic run!! So incredibly exciting and since every season has been better than the last, if that trend continues we can only win it all next year. At the very least, we will be right in the middle of the hunt.

This experience will make us better even if there aren't any roster changes. And since we are younger than every other main competitor, we are likely to improve more than anyone.

Bellaboo
06-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Dailythunder.com reporting plane arrives at WW at 1:30 - 2:00 pm.

If you can go out and greet, that'd be great !

Bill Robertson
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
I work at one of the hangars on Air Cargo road. The huge field north of the long-term parking and south of 54th street is packed with cars and more coming in. Police are directing traffic. I've never seen anything like this.

kevinpate
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Canna go myself, but my, oh my, what a nice parking 'problem' to have to resolve.

They done us proud this year. NBA dinna used to be more than catch a mention during reading/viewing the sports segments.
Now I catch come games when I can, and my lovely decks out for games and alters her schedule at times. It's a whole new world for this house to be sure.

Bill Robertson
06-22-2012, 12:24 PM

I saw the actual segment and Broussard stated this trade might be revisited, and he got the information from NBA executives, so dont think everything is all lollipops and ice cream behind Thunder management doors.TV commentators have to constantly talk about something. The majority of any pro sport rumors end up being just that. I would bet the majority of the info that TV sports commentators get from "inside sources" is really made up on the spot.

1972ford
06-22-2012, 02:00 PM
what we lost awesome I get to collect my 200 bucks for the thunder not making it back to the peake. Hope I don't get shot tring to collect lol.

Maybe I should watch the series I bet on for a change.

In the end though not winning the finals might be the best thing for the thunder as they young and players can make BIG mistakes in the parties afterwards at least now we(well thunder fans) will have better appreciation for when they win finals in the furture. The city now knows what to expect of thunder games and can do things that will make it a more enjoyable place during the games and maybe when they win it there will be an active thunder alley in the new convention center or the park.

I still think we should have got an MLB team or more disc golf courses lol

G.Walker
06-22-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think James Harden is going anywhere, his comment addressing 4,000 fans at Will Rogers World Airport this afternoon:

“Next year we're going to be back in this situation and we're going to bring you guys a championship,” said Harden.

Read more: http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-players-address-thousands-gathered-at-airport/article/3686719#ixzz1yYVqigTy

Jim Kyle
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM
I was gladdened to hear Fish tell the crowd he planned to be back next year! We definitely need the benefit of his experience...

MonkeesFan
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think James Harden is going anywhere, his comment addressing 4,000 fans at Will Rogers World Airport this afternoon:

“Next year we're going to be back in this situation and we're going to bring you guys a championship,” said Harden.

Read more: http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-players-address-thousands-gathered-at-airport/article/3686719#ixzz1yYVqigTy

It does not mean anything, he can still say it and still get traded next week

MonkeesFan
06-22-2012, 07:07 PM

More than 4,000 Thunder fans showing support for the Thunder at the airport, impressive! Click on the picture to make it bigger

Snowman
06-23-2012, 07:30 PM
TV commentators have to constantly talk about something. The majority of any pro sport rumors end up being just that. I would bet the majority of the info that TV sports commentators get from "inside sources" is really made up on the spot.

I liked some of the bloggers for LA; they kept joking their sources were 'far from the situation', 'without direct knowledge' or a couple other twists on the usual phrases to imply they what they are reporting is really what is going to happen.

skanaly
06-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Can't wait for the next game, I think we will win the championship! Heat have no chance

OKCisOK4me
06-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Why on earth would the Heat have no chance??

Vegas already has odds set up next year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/detroit-pistons-300-1-shot-winning-2013-nba-162300849--nba.html

With Miami & OKC being 5/2 favorites and Chicago being a 5/1 favorite.

Logan18
06-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I honestly don't think the Heat will go to the Finals three straight years. After D-Wade won a title it seemed he didn't care or was hungry for a title anymore. I hope LeBron will be that way, but I'm probably wrong.

ljbab728
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
A very interesting presentation on what went into the production aspects of the Finals here.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-basked-in-exposure-cash-during-thunders-nba-finals-run/article/3690025