View Full Version : Charles B.

mmonroe
05-30-2012, 03:21 PM
IN OKC!

http://i49.tinypic.com/330qpnk.jpg

OKCisOK4me
05-30-2012, 03:24 PM
yeah, buddy! Looks like he's getting his jog in down in Bricktown!

Pete
05-31-2012, 06:31 PM
Mayor Mick provides his welcome:

-CeIH9MmxX0&feature=plcp

ljbab728
06-02-2012, 12:00 AM
CB in OKC with Jenni Carlson.

http://newsok.com/the-truth-is-charles-barkley-loves-oklahoma-and-its-people/article/3680609

Snowman
06-02-2012, 02:32 AM
They were shooting video at the Devon boathouse of him learning rowing & kayaking. (Edit: the auto linking to articles is an interesting feature)

https://p.twimg.com/AuWsohMCEAINdgw.jpg

http://www.rowingillustrated.com/boards/download/file.php?id=1613

SoonerBoy18
06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm happy that he's enjoying Oklahoma City, he said what all 1st time vistors say about OKC - "Its not what you think"

Richard at Remax
06-04-2012, 08:30 AM
could they not come up with a better tour guide than jenni carlson? smh

soonermike81
06-04-2012, 08:57 AM

+1

RadicalModerate
06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I watched the Tour Clips during the broadcast of the game.
I thought Charles B's comments were thoughtful and positive.
I doubt the experience would have been improved by having Mayor Mick lead him around town.

Bellaboo
06-04-2012, 12:29 PM

Carlson was good, she has been in contact with him about coming for a game the past couple of years. She was fine.

dankrutka
06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Carlson is the most awkward person ever. I'm sure she was embarrassing. I would have preferred Trammel's folksiness or Darnell Mayberry if someone from the Oklahoman was needed.

Bellaboo
06-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Carlson is the most awkward person ever. I'm sure she was embarrassing. I would have preferred Trammel's folksiness or Darnell Mayberry if someone from the Oklahoman was needed.

You can go out on newsok and watch it, she was okay, not embarrassing at all. I noticed that Charles donated the boots that Rumble gave him to the museum. Was in todays sports. Told them he wanted to do something, so they could auction or display or whatever with them. They now put them on display in the museum.

Kokopelli
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Bellaboo, I agree Ms Carlson alright. As for why she was the one to do the interview it was because it was her story, she was the one that called Barkley out on his past promise of a visit..

As Charles said in one of the interviews "it doesn't matter what you say half the people like it and half don't like it." Which will be the case with my post as well.

mmonroe
06-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I know we're Oklahoma and everything... but cowboy boots... lets just stereotype the hell out of ourselves.

Snowman
06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I know we're Oklahoma and everything... but cowboy boots... lets just stereotype the hell out of ourselves.

He was apparently given a few pairs

ljbab728
06-05-2012, 11:16 PM

I totally disagree with you and you won't be pleased about this. LOL

He said he'd dined at Mahogany the night before and had a terrific time, swapping stories with a group that included Barry Switzer, Keith Jackson — who apparently gave Chuck an Indian headdress — and Billy Sims.

Read more: http://newsok.com/charles-barkley-charms-cattlemens-lunch-crowd/article/3681728#ixzz1wzH3G3CV

And an interesting comment in the Gazette.

CFN supposes it helps to say crappy things about the state beforehand.

The irony wasn’t lost on Kenny Smith, Barkley’s fellow Inside the NBA analyst. Noting how Barkley was being lavished with gifts from Fallin and even the Thunder’s mascot Rumble, Smith groused, “Hey, we hate Oklahoma City, too!”

rcjunkie
06-06-2012, 04:15 AM

I couldn't disagree with you more on this issue. What would you have chosen, something that says "Oklahoma".

mmonroe
06-06-2012, 07:44 AM
How about one of those "OKlahoma is OK" license plates...

Bellaboo
06-06-2012, 09:40 AM

I'm sure he'd put that in his office......lol

I don't wear boots either, but it's a fine and recognized gift that really fits. If you go to other parts of the world, they think boots and hats are awesome, not so sure about the rest of our country as much though.

kevinpate
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
A fine pair of boots is s a thoughtful gesture. Kudos to Barkley for deciding to donate them rather than just closet them.

adaniel
06-06-2012, 02:35 PM

LAME! I would be pissed if someone gave me that lol

You would be surprised how many people outside this part of the country consider cowboy boots high fashion. When I was buying a pair for me at Little Joe's last December, there were people in there from New York and Ohio.

rcjunkie
06-06-2012, 05:23 PM

I suppose you would have preferred a new pair of Nike's and maybe a Coach check book cover.

Matt
06-06-2012, 06:08 PM

You know that gift was in response to his "black people don't wear cowboy boots" comment a few weeks ago, right?

mmonroe
06-06-2012, 07:18 PM
All in stride. lol i'm joking of course. But I just feel the boots where old fashion, that's what's great about my opinion. :)