View Full Version : Way More than OK: Oklahoma City is a City to Embrace, not Bash

BDP
05-30-2012, 01:33 PM
I have no idea where this stuff goes in the new layout, so I hope it's not a repost.

Nice write up from San Antonio press:

http://www.therivardreport.com/way-more-than-ok-oklahoma-city-is-a-city-to-embrace-not-bash/

PennyQuilts
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Nice!!

adaniel
05-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Wow, two nice articles about OKC from the San Antone press within days. That must be a record for Texas-based media.

Seriously, I sometimes think folks get lost in the details and fail to realize all the successes we have here.

Pete
05-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Great article and goes to show how other cities can find a lot to envy in what we have accomplished.

Just wait another 10 years... We are really just getting started.

Kaye
05-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Very nicely written article! I'm glad people in other cities are starting to change some of their negative perceptions of OKC.

BDP
05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Great article and goes to show how other cities can find a lot to envy in what we have accomplished.

Just wait another 10 years... We are really just getting started.

This is true. The interesting thing, too, is that already one can't write an article about the city's merits without leaving stuff out. I can be as big a critic as anyone about specific projects, but I think that's just because I think the standards should rise with our success and compromises seem so much more glaring now than they did 15 years ago. I read something like this and its chosen examples of excellence and always find myself thinking, "now, why doesn't every stake holder with key development opportunities strive for being included in these success stories as opposed to being the exception to them..."