View Full Version : Changing religions

mranderson
05-16-2005, 08:48 AM
If you were to change religions, from what religion would it be, and which one would you take? And why.

Me. I am United Methodist, and will change denominations eventually. If I changed religions all together, I think I would change to Catholic.

Why? A high respect.

ErnieBall
05-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Last I checked Catholic and United Methodist were two denominations of the same religion, Christianity.

I already changed my religion. I was Catholic. Now I'm not.

mranderson
05-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Granted. However, Catholic is not prodistant. Thus, two different religions.

nurfe75
05-19-2005, 09:10 PM
P-r-o-t-e-s-t-a-n-t

Keith
05-20-2005, 04:55 AM
P-r-o-t-e-s-t-a-n-t
It's ok, we don't count off for spelling or punctuation on this forum:wink: .

Ms.Relaxationstation
05-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Nope..don't think I would ever change religions. Takes too long to learn something new.Besides, I'm old and set in my ways.lol

naturelovertoo
06-20-2005, 02:02 PM
To me the importance of religion is knowing God's will concerning me. I believe I can only know his will by listening to him directly through prayer or by listening to direction given to me by someone HE has called and sustained to act in his name. So to choose a religion that is right for me, the religion must be the right one! The one that belongs to God.
Rob

Patrick
06-21-2005, 07:50 AM
To me the importance of religion is knowing God's will concerning me. I believe I can only know his will by listening to him directly through prayer or by listening to direction given to me by someone HE has called and sustained to act in his name. So to choose a religion that is right for me, the religion must be the right one! The one that belongs to God.
Rob

Well put. Thanks for posting this. I thought I'd add, seeking His will throug His word is also a vital tool. God speaks to me through His Word often!

Keith
06-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Well put. Thanks for posting this. I thought I'd add, seeking His will throug His word is also a vital tool. God speaks to me through His Word often!
I agree as well. My only problem is, I sometimes don't take the time that I need to read God's Word, so I really miss out. Reading the Bible is an excellent way for me to allow God to talk to me. It's really strange..and sad.....we go day to day with our daily routine, and we always find time to do what we want to do, however, we can't seem to always find time to read God's Word and to pray. Many of us, myself included, don't have our priorities in the right place.

Winterhawk
09-27-2005, 09:44 PM
If you were to change religions, from what religion would it be, and which one would you take? And why.

Me. I am United Methodist, and will change denominations eventually. If I changed religions all together, I think I would change to Catholic.

Why? A high respect.

Umm, you do know that Catholicism is not it's own religion, it is a denomination of Christianity just like Methodism, Lutheranism, and Anglicanism.

Religions are Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Taoism, Hinduism, Shintoism, ect...

naturelovertoo
09-27-2005, 10:35 PM
I am glad to see we can discuss religious beliefs without trying to hurt each other with our words. I believe Christ would be pleased. One thing he gave us is free agency. This allows us to believe as we choose. Then it is up to us to choose to believe in Him or not.