View Full Version : Need a recommendation for a first time poster

terrared
05-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi OKC! My husband's band will be playing at Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar and Grill," either the last part of June, or the first part of July. Can anyone please recommend a decent hotel near the bar? It will be my first time in OKC and am looking forward to it! Thanks in advance for any help!

Midtowner
05-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Price range?

terrared
05-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Of course, I'd like to spend as little as possible, but don't want a flee-bag either. I'd guess about $80/night.

Midtowner
05-14-2005, 12:12 AM
My recommendation would be to stay somewhere around I-40 and Meridian. Those hotels are pretty reasonable. When I travel, I always find a fleebag motel and play the price against a nicer hotel. Usually, the nicer hotel will come down on their price unless they're full.

But you probably travel a lot, and know about that :)

terrared
05-14-2005, 12:16 AM
I went on-line and came across the Biltmore Hotel and the Bricktown Guest Suites. It said they were roughly 4-5 minutes from Bricktown. Do you know anything about those? BTW, thanks for your help!

Midtowner
05-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Biltmore is in the I-40 & Meridian Corridor. I believe the Bricktown Guest Suites are a little south on I-35.

Given the choice, I'd go with the Biltmore. Back in my fraternity days, we did a few things up there. It was fairly nice -- not great, but it won't break your wallet either. I don't know much about the other one.

Luke
05-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I wanted to check the rates of the three hotels downtown...

The Courtyard by Marriott's rate is $109. Interestingly, the Renaissance by Marriott (a 4 diamond hotel) has a $109 rate also. The Sheraton also has a $109 rate. Those are the three downtown hotels which would be a 5 minute walk to Bricktown and Toby Keith's.

BricktownGuy
05-14-2005, 04:15 PM
I believe the Bricktown Guest Suites used to be a GuestHouse Inn and Suites (a franchise hotel) til a few years ago. Here is a review for the hotel from a Dallas, TX guest:

"I really liked the friendly staff though one of the clerks did have a VERY fluent accent she was patient and helped me out with out getting frustrated a bit... Obviously im not used to that here in dallas i wouldn't mind returning" by Devaudre from Dallas, TX 12/29/04

It should be no more than 5 miles from Toby Keith's, down I - 35.

Their rates should not be more than $80.

Bricktown Guest Suites Rated # 8 in Oklahoma City. (by whom? I have no idea)

terrared
05-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Thank you so much for all your help! This seems to be a very friendly board (I like that!). Hopefully some of you will make it out to the "ILTBG" opening! I know I'm partial, but my hubby's band IS really good!! :)

BricktownGuy
05-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Please repost and let the board know where you ended up staying, what you thought of it etc. (place, your opinion, rates)

downtownguy
05-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Bricktown Guest Suites is not in a good area. Biltmore is ok and is on the trolley line to Bricktown. Personally, I'd try to get a good deal on the Courtyard by Marriott.

metro
05-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I don't think I would stay at any of the mentioned unless it was one of the three downtown, Renaissance, Sheraton, or Courtyard Marriot. I-40 and Meridian is also a good area but I would try one of the other hotels around there besides the Biltmoore. Heck if you can stay at motel six across that same interesection it'll probably run you $45 or there is a Hilton Garden in right across the street. Stay away from the Bricktown Guest, they just use the bricktown name even though they aren't really in bricktown, just close by in a not so good area.

John
05-16-2005, 09:25 AM
I'd lean towards one of the three downtown hotels. The extra $20 you spend on it will be well worth it. I've stayed at the Courtyard and Renaissance recently, and I highly recommend them.

Speaking of the 'Bricktown' Guest suites, you'd think DowntownOKCInc would be able to have control over the name 'Bricktown', so hotels such as the one by all the gas stations on Reno and the one on I-35 S. of the river don't mislead guests from out of town.

mranderson
05-16-2005, 09:42 AM
Unless it is a very special occasion like a wedding night or an anniversary, I do not believe in wasting money on an expensive hotel. There are a lot of economy motels that will cost less than $45.00 a night. Save the rest and use it for a nice meal, transportation and trinkets.

jenncole
05-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Just because you get a economy rate... ($45.00 - 65.00) does not mean that you will get a crap motel room. You just have to look around a bit, if you want to save about $50.00.

Alot of the economy hotels offer the same amenties as the $100 a night hotels. (HSI, breakfast, etc)