View Full Version : On Cue going in at SE 44 and S. Shields

BBatesokc
05-29-2012, 06:53 AM
I'll still consider this a rumor until verified from another source, but a manager and an employee at the 7-11 at SE 44 and S. Shields have both told me separately that an On Cue is set to go in across the street from them on the NW corner of SE 44/Shields.

Looks like it would take up the former Fast Cash Pawn (129 SE 44) and the former Rexal Drug Store (137 SE 44) and small strip off businesses to the east (eye glass retailer, barber shop, payday advance loan) (139 SE 44).

All show to be owned by the same person/business (SWTP LLC) showing an address to a home at Monkey Island on Grand Lake.

They also claim the 7-11 is trying to buy the pawn shop behind them and two-three houses so they can build one of their new concept larger 7-11 stores on their current location to compete with the new On Cue.

Not sure what the 24/7 traffic flow is on that corner, but I would have thought it a little light for an On Cue to go head to head with a 7-11. Not to mention the plethora of homeless people.

I hope its true as I'm in that area a lot and I prefer On Cue.

kevinpate
05-29-2012, 07:11 AM
A few years back I was based near there. That little 7-11 seemed packed or close to it no matter when I popped by for fuel or soda. Based on the traffic then, I can easily envision either an On-Cue or an expanded 7-11 being the right size for that corner. Like Brian, I wonder if the traffic count is adequate to fully support both operations. If the paying customer counts are there though, that's a good long term improvement for the area.

I do hope the 7-11 won't expand westward. If it is the same folk, the print shop folk right there by them have been great to work with.

BBatesokc
05-29-2012, 07:16 AM
A few years back I was based near there. That little 7-11 seemed packed or close to it no matter when I popped by for fuel or soda. Based on the traffic then, I can easily envision either an On-Cue or an expanded 7-11 being the right size for that corner. Like Brian, I wonder if the traffic count is adequate to fully support both operations. If the paying customer counts are there though, that's a good long term improvement for the area.

I do hope the 7-11 won't expand westward. If it is the same folk, the print shop folk right there by them have been great to work with.

I asked about expanding to the west and they said that was a no-go. They would have to go South.

BlackmoreRulz
05-29-2012, 09:33 PM
The other day when I went by there I noticed that the pawn shop had emptied their outside storage, just thought that they had went out of business.