View Full Version : Penn & Memorial

brianinok
05-11-2005, 08:02 AM
In the past few months, we have gotten pf chang's and Bravo Cucina Italiana at this corner. Both of them are fantastic restaurants. But, I ate at Bravo this weekend and noticed that they were working on two other buildings directly behind the existing restaurants. Does anyone have any information as to what they are?

TheImmortal
05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
One is supposed to be some kind of beauty supply store. or at least the at is what The Oklahoman said a while back. So who knows if its true. BTW, how is the food at Bravo?

brianinok
05-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I think Bravo is very good. It was the second time I had been there. It is "Roman" Italian. What I have been taught (my mom's family immigrated from Italy) is that there are 3 main regions/tastes in Italian food, each very distinct. There is the southern/Sicilian (which is what I grew up on), Roman/central, and northern/Tuscan. The further you go north in Italy, the less hearty, bold, spicy, etc. the food gets. As far as Italian chains in okc go, Bravo is very good.

John
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
One is supposed to be some kind of beauty supply store. or at least the at is what The Oklahoman said a while back. So who knows if its true. BTW, how is the food at Bravo?

I believe the beauty supply store, similar to ULTA, will be next to Circuit City.

I've heard from wait staff at Bravo and PF Changs that one will be The Cheesecake Factory and one might be a steakhouse, either Ruth's Chris or Fleming's.

(I've also heard rumors of one being a Chipotle, but I don't see it being grouped with Changs or Bravo)

metro
05-11-2005, 11:36 AM
This has been discussed before several times and printed in the media although the exact names of the restaurants arent official yet. There will be two restaurants directly behind them in the master plan and they will all share a central courtyard which will feature some artwork.

brianinok
05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
The Cheesecake Factory and Ruth's Chris/Flemings would be great additions there. All four restaurants would have different menus. Plus, an upscale steakhouse is needed along Memorial.

mranderson
05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
I went to the websites for Ruth's and Flemings. It does mention some new locations under construction, however, no mention of Oklahoma City.

brianinok
05-11-2005, 02:23 PM
That's too bad. Although, restaurant chains are not typically known for updating those sections too often. Good grief, even Red Robin's website says nothing of metro OKC locations, even though the one in Norman is nearly built. Not to mention, I emailed them back in January, and they replied back to me saying that one would open in Norman on Ed Noble Parkway in early summer, and in the Quail Springs neighborhood of Oklahoma City by fall.

Anyway, I think an upscale steakhouse would do well there.

asta2
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
The beauty supply place is called Beauty Brands. They are openning on on Council as well.

Pete
05-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I am very sceptical about any firm commitment from the Cheesecake Factory because it's very hard to believe they would have flown so low on the radar for this amount of time. I can't believe it would happen without someone on this board knowing about it.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.