View Full Version : okc photo spots

NewPlains
05-10-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm enjoying catching up on the...ahem...heated discussions here, but I thought I would post a fairly non controversial topic:

What are your favorite photo spots in Oklahoma City? I'll contribute my personal favorites:

1, The skyline from the top of the St. Anthony's parking garage- my absolute favorite view of downtown.

2. looking south on Robinson just as you enter downtown, with all of the fantastic early 20th century churches in the foreground, and the downtown skyline in the background.

3. The gold dome and Citizen's Towe...err, The Classen, from 23rd Street

Ok, now post your own

Pete
05-10-2005, 08:54 AM
There is a higher spot near NW Expressway and May that provides a great vantage point of downtown, with a lot of trees in the foreground and all the tallest buildings lined up just right so you can see them all.

You can see it from street-level but the view is particularly nice from the upper floors of the Marriott in that area.

metro
05-10-2005, 08:58 AM
taking the centennial expressway from I-35 Northbound is an excellent view of downtown
top floors of of the renaissance offer a nice view of bricktown
top of the okc museum of art for cocktails on the skyline

mranderson
05-10-2005, 09:27 AM
The new Dell building should have a great view of downtown. It is on an angle looking toward downtown.

windowphobe
05-10-2005, 06:53 PM
The highest elevation in town, I'm told, is right around Integris Baptist Medical Center, so I'd expect to find some good viewing angles in that neck of the woods.

floater
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
from the Power Alley garage to the skyline
from the Walnut Avenue bridge down Mickey Mantle Blvd. to the Centennial Fountain
from the Walnut Avenue bridge to the skyline
from the Water Stage of the Myriad Botanical Gardens
from the second floor of the Cox Convention Center down Broadway