05-09-2005, 09:53 AM
development
|category1=
|category2=
|category3=
|category4=
|
|project=
|address=2200 N. Classen (http://goo.gl/maps/wX7ip)
|status=complete
|owner=Dick Tanenbaum
|cost=
|architect=
|start=
|finish=
|contractor=
|height=18 floors
|sq. feet=123,480
|acerage=
|other=
|
|image=http://www.okctalk.com/images/wikiphotos/classen1.jpg
|

Information & Latest News

Links
County Assessor (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/AN-R.asp?ACCOUNTNO=R045002295)
Gallery

Pete
05-09-2005, 11:44 AM
On top of the town

High-rise condos prepare for opening

By Richard Mize, Real Estate Editor
Richard Mize: 475-3518, richardmize@oklahoman.com

A young doctor moved to Oklahoma City from Atlanta with one kind of housing in mind.

“He said, ‘I want a high-rise condo.’ I said, ‘We’ve got one now,’ ” said Realtor George Massey of RE/MAX First, which is marketing the 80 condominiums in The Classen, the former office building at Classen Boulevard and NW 23.

A year after developer Richard Tanenbaum plucked the dilapidated, 21-story, Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired hexagonal tower from the auction block for Gardner-Tanenbaum Group, The Classen, formerly Citizens Tower, is well on its way to being transformed.

Tanenbaum probably hopes this is the last mention of Citizens Tower, built in 1966 to mimic the Wrightdesigned Price Tower in Bartlesville.

When the transformation is complete — called “adaptive reuse” in conscientious development circles — the familiar gold exterior, with its wide louvers, will be the only thing left unchanged from the building’s latter days as a lazy office building.
Model condos will be open this summer. Potential buyers and invited others will tour the building Tuesday.

RE/MAX is marketing more than space, said brokerowner GiGi Faulkner. An “active urban lifestyle” is for sale at The Classen, 2200 Classen Blvd., where condos are 849 to 1,049 square feet, from $143,500 to $200,750, depending on floor — and view.

Most floors have wide-open views of the Oklahoma City metro area, with downtown to the southeast, the state Capitol to the east, and every other tower in the heart of the city visible at a glance.

Tanenbaum bought the building for $825,000. He said he’s spent almost 10 times as much to convert it into upscale urban housing.

Massey and his wife, Susan, said the setting, atypical for Oklahoma City, speaks to a stereotypical — but real and demanding — market niche: “the young urban professional, literally,” he said.

“This is about lifestyle. This is not about square footage,” said Tanenbaum, a mostly industrial property developer who gets more attention for bringing alternative living spaces to Oklahoma City. His other adaptive-reuse project is The Montgomery, an upscale apartment house at 500 W Main downtown in the former Montgomery Ward department store and office building.

Faulkner said both projects appeal to people who value a style of living over “the acquisition of space.”

RE/MAX has received numerous inquiries from people who have noticed the gutting and renovation going on, as well as work at the Gold Dome and other improvements at Classen and NW 23, Susan Massey said.

The Classen, which has a parking garage and will have amenities including a lap pool, fitness center and concierge, “will sell itself,” she said.

metro
05-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks Malibu, I did a search on newsok but it wouldn't pull up. This will be very exciting to the urban revitalization. I can't wait to get mine!

Pete
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM
The development looks very cool...

Please report in after your tour!

Luke
05-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Awesome. This is great news for OKC.

Hey Tanenbaum, you did great with The Mongtomery and now The Classen... how 'bout First National Tower?

metro
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Yeah, we won't settle until you renovate another high rise in downtown, preferably the First National, although something where the old library would be nice.

striker
05-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Two things I hope happen with The Classen, both not likely to happen. 1) Change the name, "The Classen" is boring, unoriginal, and not very memorable. What was wrong with Citizen's Tower? Or if you must, The Citizen. 2) Make the interior more clean, upscale feeling. Being in the rooms of the Montgomery felt like someone tried really hard to make a cool interior, but had never seen one. It felt suburban except for the big columns, and large windows and views. It doesn't have to be industrial with metal grating to not have brown wood and pink marble. That's all, thanks.

Midtowner
05-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Two things I hope happen with The Classen, both not likely to happen. 1) Change the name, "The Classen" is boring, unoriginal, and not very memorable. What was wrong with Citizen's Tower? Or if you must, The Citizen. 2) Make the interior more clean, upscale feeling. Being in the rooms of the Montgomery felt like someone tried really hard to make a cool interior, but had never seen one. It felt suburban except for the big columns, and large windows and views. It doesn't have to be industrial with metal grating to not have brown wood and pink marble. That's all, thanks.

Owners of the Classen will get to provide their own floor plans. Therefore, any "suburban" feel to the individual condos can be blamed purely on the owners of said condos.

striker
05-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Owners of the Classen will get to provide their own floor plans. Therefore, any "suburban" feel to the individual condos can be blamed purely on the owners of said condos.

The website shows floorplans for the individual condos? But that's great if that's the case.

Pete
05-11-2005, 08:32 AM
I believe the floorplans are set except for the top three floors.

metro
05-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Make the interior more clean, upscale feeling. Being in the rooms of the Montgomery felt like someone tried really hard to make a cool interior, but had never seen one. It felt suburban except for the big columns, and large windows and views. It doesn't have to be industrial with metal grating to not have brown wood and pink marble.

Exactly the owners will have their choices of tile or wood floors and paint and stains and things of that nature. I'm sure the facility will be first class like the Montgomery. He's putting 8 million into renovating it with I think the top 6 floors will be penthouses, etc. I'm taking the tour on Friday so I'll keep you guys posted.

metro
05-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Here's the article from today's OKCBusiness, you can find pictures at www.okcbusiness.com of yesterday's media tour.

Project to resurrect former office building into upscale condos gets under way
View the pictures
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2005

by Shelly Hickman & Pamela Grady

Built in 1966 as an office building called Citizens Tower, the building at 2200 North Classen now referred to as The Classen soon will be transformed to give way to upscale, residential living.

While the building has been vacant for some time, it has never gone unnoticed in its nearly 40-year history. A 21-story, gold hexagon, the building never fails to prompt second glances from onlookers. Its unique style often has been compared to that characteristic of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, though it was designed by Bozalis and Roloff.

A ribbon cutting was held today to signify the beginning of The Classen project, which is being headed by the Gardner Tanenbaum Group and will result in 84 condominiums from about 900 to 1,100 square feet in size.

G & G Construction has been chosen as the general contractor and Re/Max First has been retained to sell the residences, which will range in price from $143,000 to $225,000.

GiGi Faulkner with Re/Max First said the Tanenbaum group would be getting started with infrastructure improvements to the building, including the addition of many amenities like tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, a 90-foot pool and in-ground spa, a putting course and driving range, an outdoor amphitheater and jogging track and two business centers.

Her sales team immediately will begin selling the condominiums and they will be individually built out as they are sold, she said, indicating she anticipated condominium construction to begin about mid-June.

"We expect to have our first closings as early as November or December of this year," Faulkner said.

The design plans for The Classen provide for five condos each on Floors 3-15. Floors 18-20 are designed to have a maximum of three condos each, although the plans can be modified for a buyer who wishes to purchase an entire floor and construct one unit. All of the floors will have common access to the balconies on the top three floors.

The first two levels of The Classen will feature secured, card-access parking and the third level will house some of the facility's fitness amenities.

Victor Schuelein of Schuelein and Associates has headed up The Classen's redesign and reconfiguration. Coincidentally, Schuelein worked for the engineering firm who was a part of its construction in 1966 and also was a 40-year office tenant in the building.

"(His firm has) been responsible for the design and reconfiguration of the condominiums," Faulkner said. "They've done all of the floor plans and the mechanicals. He knows that building inside and out."

Greater Oklahoma City Chamber President Roy Williams, who was on hand for today's ribbon cutting, praised Dick Tanenbaum for his vision to resurrect the former Citizens Tower.

"I commend (him) for his vision of really taking a liability and returning it to our community," he said.

Tanenbaum purchased the 20-floor Citizens Tower last spring for $825,000. The sales price was well below the $1.8 million value assessed on the property by the Oklahoma County Assessor's Office.

Midtowner
05-11-2005, 12:03 PM
The prices are very high considering the size of the condos. I will say this -- if this is successful, there will be a lot more of these in the city. I had thought about buying one of these, but it seems that I could get a house 2-3 times as large for the same $.

Pete
05-11-2005, 12:08 PM
If I still lived in town, the lack of a private balcony would be a big drawback for me.

However, with the current low interest rates, you could still buy one and probably be able to cover your mortgage with rent, depending on the home owner's dues which are likely to be high.

Lots of OCU students in the area and the only quality rentals are the apartment complex at 30th and Penn which always seems to be highly occupied.

metro
05-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I agree Midtowner, a.) you can get alot more space elsewhere, and b.)there will be alot more of these when these are sold out. I'm confident this will be 90 percent sold not too long into this project, also you have to remember as the article states, you are buying a lifestyle, not space

metro
05-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Well folks as promised I had my presentation of The Classen today and although the Realtors in charge of sales are a little sloppy still and not fully organized, I was still impressed at the amenities this place will have, far more than The Montgomery. I also mentioned his next project, The Lincoln at Central Park will start in the next few weeks. I was also enlightened on yet another project today and I will give my review of The Classen and "other projects" soon when I get time. Look for pics and exciting news!

Pete
05-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Tease! :)

Midtowner
05-13-2005, 06:08 PM
If I still lived in town, the lack of a private balcony would be a big drawback for me.

However, with the current low interest rates, you could still buy one and probably be able to cover your mortgage with rent, depending on the home owner's dues which are likely to be high.

Lots of OCU students in the area and the only quality rentals are the apartment complex at 30th and Penn which always seems to be highly occupied.

As an OCU Student (next semester) who rents, I'll have to say that my rental property at $825/month is excellent.

For the money though, I'm really seriously considering buying a house somewhere in a Gatewood-like neighborhood.

jenncole
05-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey Tanenbaum, you did great with The Mongtomery and now The Classen... how 'bout First National Tower?

Tanenbaum (Gardner Tanenbaum Group) owns First National Tower???

Luke
05-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Jenn, no he doesn't. I was just thinking wishfully. I wish he would buy it and convert them into apartments or condos. Seems he has a knack for it.

HKG_Flyer1
05-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Is there anywhere on-line where we can access floor plans, property info, etc.?

BricktownGuy
05-14-2005, 04:00 PM
looks as though downtownguy has bought First National Tower.

his recent blog post states:

"Where Have I Been?
A: Busy buying First National Tower, with plans to convert it into upscale housing"

downtownguy
05-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I've also got some swamp land in Florida that's up for sale....

floater
05-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Metro, any chance you could be more specific about The Lincoln at Central Park project?

metro
05-15-2005, 09:45 PM
HKG Flyer 1, you may want to check out my first post on this forum, I mentioned www.theclassen.com , that will give you alot of the info. Floater, you may want to check out the thread " The Lincoln at Central Park" thread for more info.

Anyhow, as promised, I had my presentation of the renovation of The Classen. It will be a 20 story condo high-rise although the building is 21 stories. The top three floors will be penthouses WITH balconies, now more than 3 per floor. The 18th floor is not for sale currently, and the lower 17 are for sale no more than 5 units per floor. The standard amenities will include marble countertops, halogen modern lighting, stainless steel appliances, your choice of flooring and much much more. I got to see all the samples as well as wood floors and other upgrades are available. The top floor of the parking garage will be the activities area with a 1/5 mile lap, swimming pool, tennis courts, horseshoes, bocce ball, putting green, driving range, volleyball and more. The main floor of the building will house the sales office, concierge, dry cleaners, deli, coffee shop, a lap pool, business center/ internet cafe, storage units, a pharmacy, and Tanenbaum is trying to lure a small mom and pop type grocery store on site. The lower level of the parking lot will feature optional "private garages" . Prices start at about $143K and go up to $600+K for an entire floor depending on the units bought and the floor. Currently the building is fenced for renovations, a model unit should be open June 1st with the first units closing in Oct/Nov. I will hopefully post alot more info about this project and some more detailed pics when I take my tour again in 2-3 weeks.

P.S. Malibu, I was able to squeeze out a little info although not as much as I desire. I guess I and others will have to keep prying. Anyhow, I mentioned the next project will be The Lincoln at Central Park, although disappointed at the location and the more "suburban type feel", Tanenbaum is in the works for another new HIGHRISE condo unit downtown with prices starting in the more affordable $80K range. I hope this actually happens it will be very exciting. It would be exciting if he was able to renovate the First National or another building. Who knows, maybe he will buy the old library site and build there?? Let's wait and see! I hope Tanenbaum finds his niche in downtown urban redevelopments and not suburban type developments. He almost ditched a few of these projects for a suburban subdivision but couldn't get past some land owners refusing. I'm glad he's finding a niche. Let's all email him and encourage them!

Pete
05-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all the info., metro.

All his developments have been pretty inspired and have given people in OKC some new choices, which is great.

russellc
06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
I was driving by the Citizens Tower (the gold building next to the gold dome) this week. They have a banner on the side about the new condos, and their website. www.theclassen.com It said Condos start from $145K to $225K. The website says there will be 80 condos, but the listings on the website have only 5, all in the $140k-$150K range. I guess that means the rest of the building is already sold. I'm glad something is finally happening in that building, and this will give midtown a real boost.

John
06-07-2005, 09:31 PM
There is much more information on The Classen in other threads. Look around.

As far as units available, click on the 'pricing' tab on the main page, that will show you the rates for the different floor plans/floors.

Patrick
06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I was driving by the Citizens Tower (the gold building next to the gold dome) this week. They have a banner on the side about the new condos, and their website. www.theclassen.com It said Condos start from $145K to $225K. The website says there will be 80 condos, but the listings on the website have only 5, all in the $140k-$150K range. I guess that means the rest of the building is already sold. I'm glad something is finally happening in that building, and this will give midtown a real boost.

Actually none of the tower has sold yet. The rest of the floors just aren't developed yet. They're still working on it. So far, only 5 condos are complete.

This will be quite an upscale complex. Glad to see it.

metro
06-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Yes, Russel, you may want to check the original Classen, Tanenbaums newest thread that I started about a month ago. It has all the detailed information, I took a tour and will be taking another shortly. The thread as well as another also mentioned several other new projects Tanenbaum is working on that have not yet been announced

Patrick
06-28-2005, 11:33 AM
If you haven't seen the website for The Classen, you might check it out: www.theclassen.com. There's some pretty nice photos on there.

Here are a few:

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/building%20reindeirng.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/living1.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/kitchen1.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/bedroom.jpg

Patrick
06-28-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/bedroom.jpg

Here are some pics from the tower itself:
http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view5small.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view2small.jpg

Patrick
06-28-2005, 11:35 AM
http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view3small.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view4small.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view6small.jpg

Patrick
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view7small.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view8small.jpg

http://www.theclassen.com/xsites/Agents/theclassen/content/uploadedFiles/view9small.jpg

Patrick
06-29-2005, 12:32 PM
I just got a call from George Massey, with Remax...he's marketing The Classen. He said they've had such an overwhelming response for condos, only people are requesting larger condos. Originally, there was supposed to be a mix of 1 bed and 2 bed condos, but Tannenbaum has redrawn the configurations including more 2 bed condos. Floors 3-17 will consist of four 2 bed, 2 bath condos per floor, with 1 bed penthouse condos on the upper 3 floors. Although there will be less selection in the way of floor plans, having larger condos will actually be a plus for the complex. It means there's a greater chance that the condos will remain in the hands of owners instead of being bought up by investors. Investors tend to like to buy up a mix of 1 bed and 2 bed units, as that makes it easier to lease. Having predominantly 2 bed units will decrease the appeal to investors, leaving the appeal to homeowners.

BDP
06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Good stuff, Patrick. I drive by the Classen everyday and have been following its progression. It will be really nice to see it lit up and occupied and I think it's a great addition to the neighborhood.

I hope they are successful with the retail spaces as well.\

Do you know what they are doing with Dooley's? Is that where the gym is going?

metro
10-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Just wanted to provide an update:

With our reconfiguration process from five condos per floor to four, we are not on our original completion track. Receiving permits for the different construction, etc., always takes more time than any of us anticipated. We are now projecting a March 1 (on our before) move in and closing for the first group of buyers.

The building has now been totally prepared for the new inner construction to begin and the Model Condominium (Third Floor-East) has its walls in place and will receive it's final inspections very soon for completion. The Model and Sales Center should be open by mid-November and we have begun our Pre-Sales process and now have condominiums under contract. The Gardner-Tanenbaum Group is offering as incentives to our first ten buyers prior to November 11, a washer and dryer and a storage unit.

As we drive by THE CLASSEN now, we can see workers have begun the painting of the building's exterior to bring it back to its original lustre. This is a four tiered process that will include a primer coat, two coats of paint and a sealer. Every aspect of the plumbing, electrical and chiller system (heating and cooling) will be brand new. The York chiller system will be state-of-the-art and the Gardner-Tanenbaum Group has even puchased a second unit that will remain in it's crate as a back-up. The Architectural firm from Dallas has provided wonderful new plans for the Open Air Amenities (Shaded Deck, Water Feature, Walking/Jogging Track, Basketball, Tennis and Volleyball courts, a putting course, driving range, Barbeque Grills and sitting areas.)

If you would like to make an appointment to come in, even for a second time, for a Private Presentation to see our three color schemes, then take a tour of our model in progress, please call our office (405.843.8448/800.749.8866). We do have access to the building for tours at select times during the day and will have set hours when the model and sales center are complete. Those that have had the opportunity to visit Mr. Tanenbaum's very successful conversion of the former Montgomery Ward building at Main and Walker (now THE MONTGOMERY), will certainly appreciate the superb quality he will bring to THE CLASSEN.

We hope you will take the opportunity to visit our website (www.theclassen.com) for additional informatioin and please do not hesitate to call if you have additional questions. If you would like to have your name removed from our updates listing, please let us know. We do look forward to seeing you and will send photos of our progress very soon.

metro
01-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Here is an update I received on THE CLASSEN. I also have some interior photos I can email someone if they are willing to post them.

We have now been given some dates by the Gardner-Tanenbaum Group that I wanted to allow. Our
model condominium (Third Floor East) will be completed by the April 3 and the closings and possessions to
take place by September 1. Everyone curently in our Data Base will have the first opportunity to view
the models and the other three floor plans (North, South and West). Those three residences will be dry-
walled so that you could see the correct room dimensions. Our Sales Center in the Retail Area will be
completed very near the April 3 date. All of the Amenities areas (Outdoor and First Floor Parking area)
will also be near completion.

The Retail area is taking shape and the Gardner-Tanenbaum Group is making every effort to include businesses
and retail that would benefit our home owners. Plans and negotiations continue for a Coffee Shop, possibly
a small restaurant, some retail businesses, and Hair Salon and a Newspaper/Magazie shop.

It was a wonderful opportunity for us last month to be included in the Mesta Park Holiday Home Tour where
we met over 500 people. You will notice I have attached some photos made during that weekend. I
have included a View from the Living/Dining area of the East residence, plus a view of the Kitchen, a Storage
Unit and a few of our painters working on the outside of the building. In the future, I will put these on a
Power Point Slide Presention that you will be able to download for easier viewing.

Should you wish to have your name deleted from our update, please let me know. We look forward to
assisting you very soon and please feel free to call with any questions.

Luke
01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
You can email them to me:

swooshou at yahoo

I'll make a page featuring them.

metro
01-20-2006, 03:54 PM
sent, please post them in this thread if at all possible

Luke
01-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know how to put the images in this thread. But, like I said I made a page for them.

http://homepage.mac.com/swooshou/PhotoAlbum5.html

If you can get them in here since they are now hosted, go for it.

Decious
01-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Here you go.

http://homepage.mac.com/swooshou/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/theclassen/DSCN0401.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/swooshou/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/theclassen/DSCN0402.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/swooshou/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/theclassen/DSCN0403.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/swooshou/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/theclassen/DSCN0404.JPG

Patrick
01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Very nice! Thanks Luke for taking the time to hook us up with these pics.

metro
01-23-2006, 07:41 AM
yes, thanks guys for posting these pics for me, I couldn't get them to upload

metro
05-22-2006, 09:51 AM
My girlfriend and I went to the private open house of The Classen this weekend. I must say I was more impressed than I thought I would be. I know they are more than a year behind schedule but the model unit was amazing and the views were excellent from only the 3rd floor. We also got to check out the outdoor amenities such as the walking trail, volleyball/basketball courts, putting green, driving range, and more! This place is going to be like living in a 5 star hotel. Much like the high-end highrise condo units in Vegas and Miami. I just might have to invest in one of these in a year or two. The basement features the conceirge, lap pool, jacuzzi, mailroom, business center, storage units, private garages, and much more! First Class all the way!!

P.S. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Luke
05-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Sounds nice! :)

Patrick
05-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Pete
05-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear they are doing it right.

The views are certainly a big selling point.

metro
05-25-2006, 01:14 PM
As I said, I went last weekend for the private open house. I got this email today for any of you who may want to check it out, I highly recommend going but dress properly please. For privacy sake, I blotted out my name although most of you know it.

Dear xxxxx,

We enjoyed meeting over 75 people last weekend at The Classen and others have called to ask
if we could have another this weekend. Our next Open House will be this Saturday, May 27th
from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.

A Virtual Tour was taken of the model (Third Floor East) and our Outdoor Sports Amenities
yesterday, and I will make sure your receive word when it is available on the website. Again,
we will not open the model and Sales Center to the public until the Sales Center is completed
and the other residences on the Third Floor have been white-boxed.

ptwobjb
05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I just took a tour of the model residence at the Classen. Definitely nice - the usual finishings we are used to seeing with new condos these days. The one drawback - I still felt the floorplan is a little small. I don't think my wife and I would have enough room to keep our furniture (which isn't too much as we live in a 1500 sq ft apartment right now).

The view from the 18th floor was awesome. The view from the lower floors was decent, we looked at the north unit on the 10th floor. You have a nice view of downtown, but there are three huge parking lots that dominate most of the view.

I think they are priced reasonably (unlike the Montgomery condos) but the one drawback there is a $700/month HOA fee. That includes all utilities but is still significant.

RSA
12-15-2006, 12:57 PM
What is up with the Calasen Tower? Seems like it is taking quite a while to have residents move in. October was supposed to be the move in date. (to the best of my knowledge) I heard it was sold and is being changed to apartments instead of condos. Any body have any info?

BailJumper
12-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. What is it, like $175,000 to start on the condos?

I didn't think that dog was gonna hunt from day one.

If I'm gonna pay that much I'd wait for something in downtown.

BDP
12-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Too bad. I would seriously consider that place. The amenities are awesome and there's still no high rise residential planned for downtown, yet.

trison
12-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Watch for condos coming at The Osler Building. That is the seven story building directly north of Cafe De Brasil at 11 and Walker.

RSA
12-15-2006, 07:35 PM
The amenities are awesome

The place is nice. They have no pool except for the lap pool in the basement. I would think with a classy price like that, there would be a recreational pool. Is the Osler building going to have a pool?

metro
12-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I think they have a few residents moved in but yeah. Tanenbaum is not too impressive as of lately. Actually RSA the original move in date was Oct/Nov of 2005but got moved to Nov. of this year. Looks like it will be of next year before they have very many residents in there if you ask me.

Spartan
12-15-2006, 11:08 PM
What is up with the Calasen Tower?

The what-- ? No seriously, Whatchou talkin bout, Willis?

-----

The Classen is going fine. IT was going to be overpriced condos. Then rental units. No, back to condos. I'm sure preselling is a little off from what they expected, but hey, they could have put their resources into a project a little closer to downtown and gotten away with their rediculous prices.

BailJumper
12-16-2006, 08:41 AM
God, I hope the Osler has new owners. I knew people that had offices there and they often spoke of the owner (creepy guy who lives on the top floor and runs a security company) would secretly go into the offices at night and snoop around. I could see the building adapting to condos, but I hope they update the elevators.

metro
12-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes, The Osler building was purchased by Greg Banta and the Banta Companies, it's part of his MidTown Renaissance campaign. You might want to read that thread to catch up with what is going on in MidTown.

BDP
12-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I would think with a classy price like that, there would be a recreational pool.

Classy recrational pool? Let's see, it has:

A deck
A track
A basketball court
putting green
driving range
volleyball court
grills
spa
fitness center
business center
and a lap pool

Those are some pretty classy amenities. With all that, I would think a "recreational pool" might even drag its class down.