View Full Version : Bit Torrent

Midtowner
05-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Anyone tried it? Like it?

I'm only talking about sharing public domain files of course. I've been trying it, seems to beat the heck out of previous file sharing technologies.

Just to head off potential legal issues with this thread, please do not provide links to or information about bit torrent sites where illegal files can be obtained, legal ones are okay though!

Midtowner
05-09-2005, 09:30 AM
http://ntro.officialopinion.com/2005/05/09/bittorrent-rss-the-next-big-thing/

Read the above article if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

ErnieBall
05-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I have heard of it and read about it but have not taken the time to try it yet.

MadMonk
05-09-2005, 02:43 PM
I've used it before and it gets a "meh" from me. Maybe if I had a faster DSL connection it would be better. :)

metro
05-10-2005, 10:20 AM
yeah i've heard good things about it but have never seen or used it, i hear its untraceable because of how it captures the files. i'd love to know more about this software so please provide details.

Midtowner
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Try that link I posted above.

And if all else fails, just google "Bit Torrent"

Google is your friend :)

ibda12u
05-11-2005, 08:35 AM
I've used it for a couple years since it was in beta, works great for pulling down large files such as *nix distro's or patches etc... But definatly a great tool. I don't think it's untraceable though. I know for sure you can run trackers with it, and it logs IP's and what not. I also know that some site like LokiTorrent got hit by the industry and that had to turn over logs for the past 2 years of activity. So I definatly wouldn't assume it's a good anonymous app.

travich
06-27-2005, 05:55 PM
I love bittorrent, but I don't care using it a lot. I'm somewhat paranoid that I'm going to get busted so I only use it when I really want to download something.

raneman
07-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Bitttorrent is great. I recommend using the Azureus bittorrent client:

azureus.sourceforge.net