View Full Version : New Will Rogers Airport website is up!!!

chrisok
05-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Looks better than it did......

mranderson
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I guess hades installed some mighty cold air conditioning.

I only wish Will Rogers would do something like that to improve air service and the second terminal.

HKG_Flyer1
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
You're right... it looks great!

metro
05-06-2005, 05:48 PM
links please

John
05-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Now we just need to make sure its kept up to date!

John
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM
www.flyokc.com

Sooner&RiceGrad
05-06-2005, 08:06 PM
They have some great pics on their website.

OUman
05-06-2005, 09:44 PM
The new website rocks! If you click on "Airport Guide", (need Flash Player-latest version) you'll be able to see photos of the new gate areas, the mini-food court in the central terminal, the new security checkpoint and points in the west concourse. Looks like a 360 degree virtual tour's also in the works. I like the new high ceilings, and the ample glass all around, especially the tilted glass near the ceiling.

All old and new press releases have been uploaded and they have the latest one as well, marking the start of America West Express service.

OUman

Pete
05-07-2005, 12:52 PM
We should all be sure to send Karen Carney a "thumbs up" email.

I wish there were pictures of the departure curb and main terminal.

metro
05-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Yes Malibu, but don't give her too much praise. Then she will slack off even more than before. The website isnt our huge victory. Getting them to address the new east concourse is what really needs to happen. We need to continue to pressure them to strive for more progress.

BG918
05-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Yeah it looks good, much better than TIA's website. This is a good start, like the expansion and renovation. NOW IT JUST NEEDS TO BE FINISHED!!!

OUman
05-08-2005, 07:35 PM
In today's article in the Norman Transcript, there is mention about the East Concourse being delayed, but the airport trust is watching to see what happens.

I can see the concourse being built before 2008, but that's just my opinion.
OUman

Karried
05-09-2005, 08:17 AM
I definitely will send a thank you, it's a small thing to express appreciation but it will show that we are grateful and have noticed the changes and hard work that went into it.

metro
05-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Bad News for hopes of expanding OKC's terminal. This is what OKC Business is bragging about so I'm sure our "city leaders" and "airport trust" will make it sound like good news:

Airport debuts high-speed airport train system
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2005
Oklahoma City residents and business people often have to fly into and out of Dallas for their leisure and corporate traveling. And, today, the Dallas-Ft.Worth Airport debuted a device that airport officials believe will make Oklahomans' and others' experience at the airport more efficient and enjoyable.

The airport's Skylink, just unveiled today, will be the world's largest high-speed airport train with a fleet of 64 cars with the capacity to handle more than 5,000 passengers per hour, per direction.

Skylink is comprised of eight stations in four existing DFW terminals and two stations in the new, International Terminal D.

Traveling in both directions from each terminal at speeds up to 35 miles per hour, Skylink will shrink connecting time for the 65 percent of DFW's passengers who are making connections. Using Skylink, DFW officials said, passengers should experience trips of no longer than 9 minutes between the two farthest stations.

Corgan Associates Inc., which has offices in Dallas, New York, Miami and Phoenix, headed up the project for DFW. As well, officials said the firms of Lea + Elliott, Kellogg, Brown and Root Evan Evans also collaborated on the project.

By design, Skylink stations draw people in and upward, helping move them in the directions they need to go, officials said. Skylink stations in existing terminals are also designed to create two new anchor elements in each terminal as well as a unifying, external ribbon structure. The two new stations in Terminal D are not visible from the exterior, but are instead uniquely integral to the new building with the guideway constructed inside the terminal, the officials said.

Skylink stations' top-of-the-terminal placement should also provide entertainment. Riding Skylink, passengers will travel around the noses of arriving and departing planes, enjoying a birds-eye view of active airline operations beneath them, airport officials said.

pdjr
08-09-2005, 01:22 AM
As a child, I rode the existing tram at DFW. As a young adult, I went round and round while I waited for my connecting flight. As a business traveller, I deliberately scheduled long layovers to ride some more betwixt the Admirals Club's amenities and Outlook breaks..

Lure Southwest for backup and ancillary operations. BOOM!

okieopus
08-09-2005, 10:35 AM
I remember vacationing with my family in DFW, and we went to the Airport and rode the Tram around for a couple of hours. It was so fun (a little nerdy and wierd, maybe)

I am anxious to ride the new Skylink

Patrick
08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
I remember vacationing with my family in DFW, and we went to the Airport and rode the Tram around for a couple of hours. It was so fun (a little nerdy and wierd, maybe)

I am anxious to ride the new Skylink

I actualyl got a chance to ride Skylink the first week it opened. It is a huge improvement over the old tram. The old tram only connected the American Airlines terminals......the Skylink connects every terminal at DFW. It's much brighter, quieter, and faster. You can get from one side of the airport to the other is just over 5 minutes. Also, it's nicer to see the lovely views of the airport, that you couldn't see from a tram, which was located below ground.

mranderson
08-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Many major airports have these transports now. Orlando has something similar, as well as Jacksonville, Denver and many more.

I would say when Will Rogers eventaully gets the south terminal we will have something too. Hopefully a subway.

venture
08-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Many major airports have these transports now. Orlando has something similar, as well as Jacksonville, Denver and many more.

I would say when Will Rogers eventaully gets the south terminal we will have something too. Hopefully a subway.

It all comes down to needs of the field layout. Orlando had the trams ever since McCoy AFB became the new Int'l airport there - they had no choice. With a centralized processing and claim area, with airside concourses...it is the only way to move people back and forth.

However, if a new terminal is ever constructed in OKC (probably 10-20 years away before the need gets great enough)...the most to expect would be one of the underground elevator trams. This is similar to what Cincinnati has between concourse A & B, what Atlanta runs between theirs, etc. However, look at new terminal constructions like Detroit's World Gateway complex...a tram is not a sure bet. They have one in Concourse A there due to the length, but you only have moving walk ways underground between Concourse A and the B/C terminal.

I would expect the same for anything in OKC...depending on the distance between terminals. Its just more cost effective and easier to install. Heck they could just forget the underground option all together and go to buses like Dallas to the satellite terminals, Cincinnati to Concourse C, and what Chicago Midway did for the satellite ramp for Chicago Express passengers.

TStheThird
08-09-2005, 10:23 PM
The Skylink is the only reason my wife and I made it to our connecting flight to enjoy our honeymoon on time. God bless the Skylink.

metro
02-15-2006, 07:14 AM
Wireless Net is up at airport

From Staff Reports
Wireless Internet will be up and running today at Will Rogers World Airport.
Concourse Communications Group LLC will provide the service. Passes for 60 free minutes of wireless use will be distributed to travelers.

Users can get a 24-hour pass for $6.95. Subscribers of Concourse Communications and its roaming partners can enter their existing log-in information to use the system.

The pass also may be used at all participating Concourse airports - Atlanta-Hartsfield, Detroit Metro, John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia, Chicago Midway, Chicago O'Hare, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Nashville, Newark- Liberty, Ottawa International and Lester B. Pearson in Toronto.

Concourse also has roaming agreements with many of the major Wireless Internet Service Providers that allow customers to log on with their existing accounts. Those companies include iPass, Boingo, T-Mobile, SBC, Cingular, Sprint, iBahn(STSN), GoRemote and WeRoam.

HKG_Flyer1
02-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Wireless Net is up at airport

From Staff Reports
Wireless Internet will be up and running today at Will Rogers World Airport.
Concourse Communications Group LLC will provide the service. Passes for 60 free minutes of wireless use will be distributed to travelers.

Users can get a 24-hour pass for $6.95. Subscribers of Concourse Communications and its roaming partners can enter their existing log-in information to use the system.

The pass also may be used at all participating Concourse airports - Atlanta-Hartsfield, Detroit Metro, John F. Kennedy International, LaGuardia, Chicago Midway, Chicago O'Hare, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Nashville, Newark- Liberty, Ottawa International and Lester B. Pearson in Toronto.

Concourse also has roaming agreements with many of the major Wireless Internet Service Providers that allow customers to log on with their existing accounts. Those companies include iPass, Boingo, T-Mobile, SBC, Cingular, Sprint, iBahn(STSN), GoRemote and WeRoam.

:congrats: :kicking: :congrats:

venture
02-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Definitely long overdue. Concourse is a good company, just slow at deployments. Unfortunately OKC is ranked to high to get Opti-Fi in, otherwise we would have seen Wi-Fi here a long time ago.

At least it isn't T-Mobile which does DFW...their service is terrible.

John
02-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Good news, but it should be free, IMO.

venture
02-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Good news, but it should be free, IMO.

Why? Find an airport where it is free, and they'll typically be small airports where they offer it in just a few spots.

Keep in mind that Concourse, Opti-Fi, etc are all vendors...the airport isn't paying them to be there. They need to make money on their deployments, they aren't in the charity business.

How do you expect them to pay for the gateways, access points, bandwidth, etc? Nothing in life is free. Get over it. People have become way to spoiled with free Wi-Fi it is annoying. Airports aren't like Starbucks or IHOP...they need more infrastructure than one access point and a cable or DSL line.

OUman
02-16-2006, 08:49 PM
It all comes down to needs of the field layout. Orlando had the trams ever since McCoy AFB became the new Int'l airport there - they had no choice. With a centralized processing and claim area, with airside concourses...it is the only way to move people back and forth.

However, if a new terminal is ever constructed in OKC (probably 10-20 years away before the need gets great enough)...the most to expect would be one of the underground elevator trams. This is similar to what Cincinnati has between concourse A & B, what Atlanta runs between theirs, etc. However, look at new terminal constructions like Detroit's World Gateway complex...a tram is not a sure bet. They have one in Concourse A there due to the length, but you only have moving walk ways underground between Concourse A and the B/C terminal.

I would expect the same for anything in OKC...depending on the distance between terminals. Its just more cost effective and easier to install. Heck they could just forget the underground option all together and go to buses like Dallas to the satellite terminals, Cincinnati to Concourse C, and what Chicago Midway did for the satellite ramp for Chicago Express passengers.

If a new terminal's built at OKC (IMO it'll most likely be a midfield terminal between the runways-most efficient option), it will definitely have to be south of the existing one. The buses at DFW don't run on the airside, they only connect each terminal's landside, so you have to go through security if you're taking a connecting flight. The new people mover's a much better option. Buses at Cincinnatti/Northern Kentucky Int'l (CVG) connect Concourse C to A and B.

OUman

TStheThird
02-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Has anyone here been to London Stansted? I like the way that airport is set up. They have their main building with the check counters and all that jazz, and then you take their air train to different terminal buildings. I claim to know nothing about airports, but I have enjoyed my 10 experiences at Stansted.

jbrown84
02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I've only been to London Gatwick, which has a unique design (as far as I've seen) where you wait in a large terminal that is basically a small mall, with bookstores, restaurants, and lot's of open space with chairs, etc. Then, when it's time to board, you enter the concourse and go through security and to your gate and board.

brianinok
02-17-2006, 04:45 PM
jbrown: Nassau's airport is the same way, although much more "3rd worldish."

TheImmortal
02-17-2006, 09:33 PM
In my personal opinion Stansted is the best airport to fly in/out of when going to London. Not as busy as Heathrow and traffic flows much easier. I always found it simple and straight foreward to get where I am going in that airport. I've only been through Gatwick once..don't remember much about it, but only that I didn'tlike it.

jbrown84
02-18-2006, 01:18 AM
Well, one drawback with Gatwick is that it's SO far from the city. It would be like if OKC's airport was in Paul's Valley.