View Full Version : ONEOK Advertising Nationally on MSNBC

soonerliberal
05-16-2012, 06:05 AM
I watch Morning Joe every morning and have noticed over the past couple months that I'm seeing a commercial that seemed a little familiar. It was for ONE-OK! That's fine and dandy except I live in the DC media market. The last few seconds of the ad had a sweeping shot of Tulsa in the background. I'm curious why they are advertising nationally, when almost all of their businesses are in OK,TX,KS area. Any ideas?

bluedogok
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Are you on cable or satellite? If you are on cable it could be local interconnect advertising.

Swake2
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Oneok is the largest company in the Oklahoma and is a lot more than just the utility portion of it's business that operates in those states.

ou48A
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
I watch Morning Joe every morning and have noticed over the past couple months that I'm seeing a commercial that seemed a little familiar. It was for ONE-OK! That's fine and dandy except I live in the DC media market. The last few seconds of the ad had a sweeping shot of Tulsa in the background. I'm curious why they are advertising nationally, when almost all of their businesses are in OK,TX,KS area. Any ideas?

Its a lot bigger than you think…..

ONEOK Partners, L.P. engages in the gathering, processing, storage, and transportation of natural gas in the United States. The company’s Natural Gas Gathering and Processing segment gathers and processes natural gas produced from crude oil and natural gas wells located in the Mid-Continent region; and gathers natural gas in the Williston Basin, which spans portions of Montana and North Dakota, and the Powder River Basin of Wyoming. Its Natural Gas Pipelines segment owns and operates regulated natural gas transmission pipelines, natural gas storage facilities, and natural gas gathering systems for non-processed gas; and provides interstate natural gas transportation and storage services. This segment’s interstate natural gas pipeline assets transport natural gas through FERC-regulated interstate natural gas pipelines in North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico. It also transports intrastate natural gas through its assets in Oklahoma; and owns underground natural gas storage facilities in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas. The company’s Natural Gas Liquids segment gathers, fractionates, and treats natural gas liquids (NGLs), as well as stores NGL products primarily in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas. This segment also owns FERC-regulated NGLs gathering and distribution pipelines in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Wyoming, and Colorado; terminal and storage facilities in Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois; and FERC-regulated NGLs distribution and refined petroleum product pipelines in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana. ONEOK Partners GP serves as the general partner of ONEOK Partners, L.P. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=OKS+Profile

BG918
05-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Oneok is the largest company in the Oklahoma and is a lot more than just the utility portion of it's business that operates in those states.

Yep, the largest Fortune 500 company based in Oklahoma. Huge gas utility that also has an extensive pipeline/storage network. They are well-positioned for growth in the next several years.

bretthexum
05-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I've also seen it on cable here in Minnesota. Thought it was a bit strange as well.