View Full Version : Bricktown Nationals Speedboat races

metro
05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
The Ozarka Bricktown Nationals DRAG BOAT RACES

The inaugural Ozarka Bricktown Nationals Drag Boat Races on the Oklahoma River come to Oklahoma City on July 8th through 10th, (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) with over 100 boats and drivers competing for more than $50,000 in prize money and points for the Southern Drag Boat Association Championship. The quarter mile course extents east from the S. Byers Ave. Bridge towards the I-35 Bridge. Boats hits speeds in excess of 200 mph. This course will provide race fans, "close to the action" viewing from the North bank of the Oklahoma River in Regatta Park. Come enjoy the races, visit the drivers and crews in the pits, try the great food from the concession stands and shop for souvenirs, outdoor gear and boats. Bring a lawn chair or blanket or sit in the bleachers. You'll love watching these exciting, high speed boats racing on the Oklahoma River. Tickets available at the race site, discount tickets available at 7-Eleven & O'Reilly Auto Parts, credit cards purchases available on-line.

soonerdm
06-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I hope this is a success. It really isnt my cup of tea but to have an event like this on the river could be pretty exciting.

metro
07-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Just a reminder folks, the Bricktown Nationals are today through Sunday. In fact, I can hear them roaring through my downtown office window. They are expecting 75-100 thousand people.

www.bricktownnationals.com