View Full Version : What was the last movie you saw?...

mranderson
05-05-2005, 12:52 PM
And what did you think of it?

The last one was with Thumper0629, after the anniversary dinner. We went to North Park and saw "Because of Winn Dixie."

I thought it was one of the cutiest movies I have seen in years. Thumper can probably still see the smile on my face and the gleem in my eye.

I highly recommend it.

Keith
05-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I watched Napolean Dynamite on DVD a couple of weeks ago. It was a very interesting movie, to say the least. It was so stupid, that it was funny. Would I recommend it? Sure, why not? The movie was very clean and there was no foul language, so it was nice to be able to sit and watch a movie without all of that.

Midtowner
05-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Love Actually...

It was okay.

ErnieBall
05-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Love Actually...

It was okay.

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually liked that movie. It's the only romantic comedy I can say that about.

windowphobe
05-05-2005, 07:02 PM
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, last weekend.

MadMonk
05-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Second Hand Lions (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327137/). Very good movie, I highly recommend it. Robert Duvall and Michael Caine are great together.

*Edit* ErnieBall, I saw Love Actually a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it as well, much to my surprise.

Midtowner
05-06-2005, 05:12 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I actually liked that movie. It's the only romantic comedy I can say that about.

It had enough characters that you kind of had to identify with someone. There was definitely enough to keep my ADHD brain occupied :)

Midtowner
05-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Now, the last movie I saw was "I heart Huckabees".

Haven't seen a movie centered around existentialism in awhile.

MasterWolf
05-07-2005, 05:47 PM
The last movie I saw was 'Finding Nemo'.

Karried
05-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Suspect Zero.........very interesting in a morbid, creepy way.

I thought Napoleon Dynamite was so hilarious. You have to have a strange sense of humor to appreciate it, which I do. I loved that movie.

I'm trying to remember Love Actually -I saw it but can't remember the details. I saw Alfie which I thought was okay but depressing.

I'm watching National Treasure tonight and "What the Bleep do We Know?" tomorrow - I have First Daughter which I will try to watch tomorrow as well ( I belong to Netflix so I have movies that I get constantly) too many movies, so little time!

yippyskippy007
05-31-2005, 10:49 AM
The last movie I saw was "The Phantom of the Opera". Although I thought it was a little drawn out, I thought the music was excellent. I really enjoyed watching it at the Civic Center a couple of years back. That was an awesome play with great special effects.
:)

Luke
05-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Star Wars Episode III. Thought it was great!

Patrick
05-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I haven't watched a movie in a long long time.

We're wanting to go see either Madagascar or Monster-in-law! Anyone seen these?

yippyskippy007
06-02-2005, 05:55 PM
My husband and I had advance tickets to see "Monster In Law" and surprisingly, we thought it was pretty good. It had alot of funny moments in it. I think Jennifer Lopez was better in this movie than in "Maid in Manhattan". :)

ibda12u
06-03-2005, 07:36 AM
StarWars 3, made me go on a mad search for the trilogy (to rent not buy) but it appeared everybody else did the same thing. :-/

<rant>
On a note: I know this topic is pretty old, but Napoleon Dynamite is in my opinion, wonderfully crazy. At first it was so stupid it was funny, but watch it again with the subtitle's on, and soon you'll be repeating phrases all the time. Especially when you really see what they are saying. I think we watch it maybe once a week, just to wind down. And my kid's favorite part is "Et da foo!" (Eat the food), when Napoleon is feeding the llama.
</rant>

Anyways, StarWars 3 rocked like crazy. Of course I'm a major SCI FI guy though so maybe I'm partial to CGI ships being blown to pieces, and lightsaber battles.

Patrick
06-03-2005, 07:43 AM
My husband and I had advance tickets to see "Monster In Law" and surprisingly, we thought it was pretty good. It had alot of funny moments in it. I think Jennifer Lopez was better in this movie than in "Maid in Manhattan". :)

Thanks for the review. I think my wife and I are going to go see it this weekend.

Intrepid
06-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Love Actually...

It was okay.

I liked it a lot.

Intrepid
06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
And what did you think of it?

The last one was with Thumper0629, after the anniversary dinner. We went to North Park and saw "Because of Winn Dixie."

I thought it was one of the cutiest movies I have seen in years. Thumper can probably still see the smile on my face and the gleem in my eye.

I highly recommend it.

Last movie I saw was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Not my first choice because I'm not a huge Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie fan. But, I will say that it was a good movie and both did very well.

Keith
06-27-2005, 08:12 PM
A couple of weeks ago, my kids and I went to the new Harkins theater and watched Batman Begins. It was a really good movie, and I really enjoyed it. I am not usually the "go to the theater" type, because I don't care to pay the high prices that they charge for movies, however, this was a father's day outing from my kids to me.

okiemom
07-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

I liked it but I'm a big Johnny Depp and Tim Burton fan. If you expect a remake of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, you'll probably be disappointed. This one is darker and truer to the book.

floater
07-23-2005, 11:34 PM
I liked it a lot.

Me too (about Love Actually).

fromdust
08-07-2005, 05:45 PM
the new batman movie was the best of the franchise, by far. war of the worlds was pretty cool. not very deep, though. awesome special fx. charlie and the chocolate factory was not that good. the last movie i saw was on friday. it was the island.its from michael bay who has never really made a good movie. i was actually surprised with this one. it was a fun summer movie.