View Full Version : Will Ron Artest Attack Tonight?

Sheetkeecker
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Will he attack any Thunder players tonight?

RadicalModerate
05-14-2012, 04:15 PM
You mean like disparaging their skills and monetary compensation levels?

I would imagine that the "vibe" from the stands will be so intense that if he even comes out of the locker room he will melt like that witch in The Wizard of Oz or turn to dust and clog up the arena's ventilation filters.

WATCHER . . . any bets here?

UrbanNebraska
05-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Looking forward to the chorus of boos later tonight, going to be loud!

Spartan
05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
I really wish they would work in something about Metta World Chaos on the shirts for tonights game..or I liked Berry Tramel's name for him, The Artest Formerly Known as Ron.

boscorama
05-14-2012, 08:41 PM
... Meta Instant Karma ...

Spartan
05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
No he attacked Harden again

SoonerBoy18
05-14-2012, 11:29 PM
No he attacked Harden again

I quickly looked at the crowd when they showed Harden on the floor while Artest was standing over him.

ljbab728
05-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Harden said it was no big deal. It happens all the time.

Easy180
05-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Soft landing for Harden so yeah no big deal...Lakers looked tired and old last night...Not a good combo

Midtowner
05-15-2012, 07:20 AM
You have to at least hand it to the Lakers for not being whiny after the game. Not a Carlislesque peep about them being too physical or dirty.

RadicalModerate
05-15-2012, 07:23 AM
I almost never watch basketball, but . . .
Is it just my imagination, or did the TV Commentators suck extra bad last night?
(they seemed to be almost in tears about how lame LA looked and bemoaning that fact)

GaryOKC6
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Is it just my imagination, or did the TV Commentators suck extra bad last night?
(they seemed to be almost in tears about how lame LA looked and bemoaning that fact)

They were very biased. They kept showing Lakers highlights. If you were not paying attention you would have thought that the Lakers were winning. Typical media slant I guess. I suspect that they may have originally thought the Lakers would come out gunning and were not prepared for what happened

BradR
05-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Well it was Reggie Miller...he's always been a crybaby punk.

RadicalModerate
05-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Maybe the commentators were thrown off balance by having to say "Metta" . . . "Metta World Peace" . . . "World" . . . "Peace" so many times. I noticed that Charles Barkley (that paragon of virtue, back in the studio) kept referring to the [insert explitive of choice] as "Artest".

Perhaps they, the commentators, ought to be empowered to simply say his (The A-hole's) number instead of having to generate blather along the lines of, "Well . . . If they are going to do any good tonight, THE LAKERS are going to have to protect World Peace . . ."

Spartan
05-15-2012, 08:54 AM

I honestly felt like the commentators were quite fair, particularly toward the end when the Thunder had earned the respect and obviously it's fair to say that the Lakeshow will be more threatening than it was last night, but the guys in the studio were garbage. I hate Charles Barkley. They all bloviated about how the Lakers are going to sweep the Thunder obviously (nevermind the season record between the two 3-1), Ron Artest is a good guy and model citizen who made up don't talk about that, and then Barkley was legitimately irritated at being forced to still be on the air after his buddies got blown out like that.

Stan Silliman
05-15-2012, 08:59 AM
I honestly felt like the commentators were quite fair, particularly toward the end when the Thunder had earned the respect and obviously it's fair to say that the Lakeshow will be more threatening than it was last night, but the guys in the studio were garbage. I hate Charles Barkley. They all bloviated about how the Lakers are going to sweep the Thunder obviously (nevermind the season record between the two 3-1), Ron Artest is a good guy and model citizen who made up don't talk about that, and then Barkley was legitimately irritated at being forced to still be on the air after his buddies got blown out like that.

How come Barkley won't eat his words?

He does so well at eating everything else.

Bellaboo
05-15-2012, 11:11 AM
I went last night and we watched to see if artest would do anything before the jump ball. He went out of his way to try to be cordial with the Thunder players. Thabo barely gave him a fist bump. Perk and Westbrook always go under the opponets goal for the tip, so there was no interaction with them. KD walked by him and more or less ignored him, but artest kind of swatted him on the back side as he walked by, artest was trying to be friendly. I don't think he played dirty last night, the elbow issue with Harden was just wrestling around for position, and he got the foul called on him.

SoonerBoy18
05-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Absolutly NOT, Kevin Harlen along with Marv Albert are the best NBA Commentators because they root for EVERYBODY Not like Brian Davis who is the definition of what Biased really means. TNT kept showing fans cheering which Fox Sports Oklahoma does not, and they kept showing Thunder Alley before they went to commercial. The entire TNT crew loves us.

Jim Kyle
05-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Not like Brian Davis who is the definition of what Biased really means. TNT kept showing fans cheering which Fox Sports Oklahoma does not, and they kept showing Thunder Alley before they went to commercial. The entire TNT crew loves us.Davis and Grant Long are part of the Thunder organization; they're no more (or less) biased than KD, Russ, Harden, or Coach Brooks. Fox Sports Oklahoma is simply the outlet that the team uses.

As for the "entire TNT crew" loving us, I certainly didn't see much love in Sir Charles' eyes after the game. He seemed downright peeved that the rest of the commentary crew, particularly Shaq, seemed to be needling him about his criticism of OKC!

adaniel
05-16-2012, 12:49 PM
At least he likes our women....

“I didn’t realize Oklahoma had so many, like, fine women,” he said. “I felt really comfortable. I hit my first two shots, it was mainly because of how beautiful the women were. Great fans, because they support their team. They took in a team that needed shelter . So no matter what, you can always say great things about these fans. You can always say great things.”

“You don’t need make up to be beautiful,” he said, expanding on his admiration for the fine women of Oklahoma. “That’s the American way of telling a woman she’s beautiful. She can be beautiful without make up. And that’s what I’ve seen in Oklahoma City.”

You are more than welcome to watch the entire Barry Tramel interview (http://newsok.com/metta-world-peace-is-a-fan-of-okc-thunder-coach-scott-brooks/article/3675797?custom_click=masthead_topten) but its largely incoherent babble.

Spartan
05-16-2012, 01:09 PM
How come Barkley won't eat his words?

He does so well at eating everything else.

Ha good one

ljbab728
05-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I saw the first part of an interview with him tonight. He said he wasn't brought up to be classy but as you grow up you become more educated. Evidently his education also failed somewhere.

Laramie
05-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Got to give it up to Indiana Ron Artest (Metta World Peace) he was very gracious in defeat!

Of Sound Mind
05-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Got to give it up to Indiana Ron Artest (Metta World Peace) he was very gracious in defeat!
Are you being sarcastic or serious? I can't tell.

ljbab728
06-18-2012, 10:58 PM
The latest thoughts by "The Elbow".

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-even-in-offseason-world-peace-busy-on-twitter-20120618,0,1373278.story

kevinpate
06-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Hope he is able to enjoy the excitement of the NBA finals .... and that his couch is comfy.

MDot
06-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Ron Ron is in OKC to do a BBQ.

OKCisOK4me
06-27-2012, 08:44 PM
story?

MDot
06-27-2012, 10:14 PM
No story, he just said he has fans in OKC and wanted to do a BBQ. He's been bragging on OKC ever since the Thunder v. Lakers Playoff series (literally non-stop. Check his Twitter feed).

EDIT: Found one -- http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/06/27/metta-world-peace-party/

OKCisOK4me
06-28-2012, 01:13 AM
No story, he just said he has fans in OKC and wanted to do a BBQ. He's been bragging on OKC ever since the Thunder v. Lakers Playoff series (literally non-stop. Check his Twitter feed).

EDIT: Found one -- http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/06/27/metta-world-peace-party/

Yeah, I ended up finding that one too and posted it on my Facebook, lol.

OKCisOK4me
06-29-2012, 03:55 PM
I highly doubt he'll be here tonight. He's going totally beyond insanity on his Twitter account for the last 17 hours talking about how he's been traded for the lamest kinds of things. He can't talk about it, but he hinted a city in the Midwest large enough to cause stress. I'm saying Chicago Bulls.

dankrutka
06-29-2012, 04:27 PM
He was already here... And then left. You missed it.

OKCisOK4me
06-30-2012, 09:55 AM
The lostogle.com said he was having a cookout and get together in Bricktown somewhere on Friday. I already know he was here on Tuesday.