View Full Version : Irma's

Pages : [1] 2

metro
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Well I ate at the new location in Midtown's famous Plaza Court. The atmosphere was very nostalgic and the place was about three-forths packed when I walked in at noon. I must say the service was excellent and they were overstaffed if anything. The food however was a different story. I've never been to the orginal Irma's so I can't compare it. I ordered the frito chili pie and an appetizer of salsa cheese stuffed fried olives. I heard they were supposed to be good. The frito pie was probably the worst I've had in my life. In the stuffed olives, I tasted no olive, cheese, or salsa. Also the portion sizes are very small for the price. I got about 10 stuffed olives for $5.95 and the chili pie was like $3.95. For a total with tax was about $10.50 not including tip. The portion size of the chili pie was also very small. While I hope this place succeeds and I will probably visit again, I won't be ordering these two items. I overheard someone say that this was their first day open. I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

Anyhow, for more info check out their website:

Irma's Home Page (http://irmasburgershack.com/)

Stinger
07-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Order the No Name Ranch Burger next time.

I haven't been to the new location, but I was at the original again on Sunday. Still the best burger in town.

Pete
07-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, their burgers are greatness as are their onion rings.

You have to give new places a few weeks to iron out the bugs... I'm sure they'll soon be up to snuff and will do a great business at that location.

Midtowner
07-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Why do you go to a burger joint and not order a burger?

How can you possibly judge a place called a "burger shack" on its chili pie.

It's just not fair!

metro
07-10-2007, 05:09 PM
As I said Mid, I'll probably go back. Probably many times. I live and work within 5 blocks of here. I didn't order a burger because it didn't sound good. I'll definitely try one out sometime. I didn't just judge it on it's chili pie, I also judged it on their supposively really good salsa cheese stuffed olives. And as I mentioned, I'll be checking it out again, so I'm not solely basing it off this decision.

tuck
07-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Why do you go to a burger joint and not order a burger?

How can you possibly judge a place called a "burger shack" on its chili pie.

It's just not fair!

You should always order a burger at a burger joint; however, ALWAYS, AlWAYS, order Frito chili pie if a restaurant offers it.

I will let you know when and where you can get a dynamite Quail Chili Frito Pie as we approach Fall.

metro
07-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks tuck, also typically it a new restaurant has kinks to get out with hours, service, etc. I clearly stated the service was above excellent, it was the food that was lacking. Usually existing restaurants don't "tweak" their food over a few weeks. Only innovative restaurants who change their menu frequently do such. I don't see a burger joint doing such.

dismayed
07-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I've been to the Irma's on the NW side before and enjoyed whatever it was I ordered. I remember it was a burger of some kind, and onion rings. Maybe they were just having a bad day. :)

Midtowner
07-10-2007, 11:56 PM
You should always order a burger at a burger joint; however, ALWAYS, AlWAYS, order Frito chili pie if a restaurant offers it.

I will let you know when and where you can get a dynamite Quail Chili Frito Pie as we approach Fall.

Lemmeguess... Red Prime Steakhouse?

Seriously though.. if y'all only live up to half the hype, you'll be a tourist-worthy attraction to our downtown area. I'm damn proud to have you guys helping bring back Automobile Alley. Thanks.

jbrown84
07-11-2007, 12:45 PM
How can you mess up a Frito Chili Pie?

Their burgers are GREAT though.

metro
07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Not sure, go to Irma's and order it and you'll see. Didn't even taste close to chili. And the jalapeno's were funky tasting too. Luckily but weird enough, they give you everything on the side. A mini bag of fritos, a very small bowl of "chili", a teaspoon of cheese, a small side cup of jalapeno's, and a side cup of onions.

Midtowner
07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
The burgers in the new location are exactly like the burgers in the old location. No difference. Just had a bacon-mushroom-noname burger this afternoon. It was great as usual.

Matt
07-12-2007, 11:13 AM
I went to the original Irma's for the first time last week, and had the No Name burger. (As a burger guy, there's no way I could go to a place with "burger" in it's name and order anything but.) A little too much on the bunny side, but other than that, it was dee-lish. Wonderful flavor. I don't know if I liked it as much as I do Johnnie's and Goldie's burgers, but I'm certainly willing to give it another shot.

http://images.dvdtalk.com/images/smilies/hungry.gif

Pete
07-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Even though this article mentions really slow business for weekends and evenings, I suspect that will change a great deal when McNellie's opens:

Sat July 21, 2007
Irma's Burger Shack opens second location

By Trisha Evans
Business Writer

The signs are not yet up at the new Irma's Burger Shack in Plaza Court, but the smell of flame-kissed burgers welcome patrons just the same.

Irma's opened in a second location, 1120 Classen Drive, last week and business is already steady, said co-owner Linda Lee.

"For me this is the mark of success. For independent restaurants like us, not a lot of us open (restaurant) No. 2,” she said.

But besides the larger size and openness of the restaurant, not much will change, Lee said. Customers still can count on the hand-cut French fries, home-made onion rings, freshly-made gravy — and of course, the famous burgers.

The first Irma's opened in 2003, and having another footprint in Oklahoma City has been on the owners' minds the last two years. But it was the customers' influence coupled with a good opportunity that led them to Midtown.

"Really and truly, I guess we kind of found the place before we knew we were going to expand,” she said.

Lee said they were approached about opening a second restaurant in Plaza Court, and the demographics really fit.

"We already had a lot of customers at the first Irma's who live down here and in Heritage Hills,” she said. "They kept asking us, when are you going to open a restaurant closer to us?”

So far, customers seem to be excited, Lee said. The lunch crowd is fantastic, but the dinner and weekend business leaves a lot to be desired, she said. The adjacent Boulevard Cafeteria is closed on Saturdays, and the nearby Subway restaurant is closed Saturdays and Sundays.

Still, neighbors are dropping by to welcome the restaurant to Midtown.

Sister Veronica Higgins, principal at Villa Teresa School, tried the restaurant the first time Friday. She said she thinks the restaurant will be a hit with the employees of St. Anthony Hospital down the street.

Oklahoma City residents Marla McBryde and son Patrick McBryde are frequent Irma's customers and said Irma's in Plaza Court is more convenient for them.

"We like the ambiance and the casual atmosphere. It's family friendly,” Marla McBryde said. "I really like the burgers. They're lean and have a lot of flavor.”

"They also have really good fries and fired okra. I haven't had their desserts, but the fried okra is usually my dessert,” she added.

Patrick McBryde said he likes to order the NoName burger because it's chemical free. The meat is from the NoName Ranch near Wynnewood.

"There are no hormones and no pesticides. It's healthier,” he said.

Irma's has quite a following for the NoName burger, Lee said. It's all-natural meat with no fillers and is seasoned in the restaurant with Irma's secret recipe.

Lee said the new restaurant will also continue to use a number of made-in-Oklahoma products including Field's Pecan Pies, Schwab's meat and Choc beer.

And much like the flagship restaurant, Irma's in Plaza Court will be a place to cure the day's ills.

"It's kind of our slogan. We feel like, if you have a bad day — a good burger and a cold beer will change things,” Lee said

metro
07-22-2007, 08:38 PM
I noticed that part too Malibu. I've gone by Irma's several occassions on nights and weekends and it didn't appear they were open to me. Perhaps if they would do some advertising ( I don't think they've done any ) and extend their hours, us locals who live around here would visit it on nights/weekends.

metro
07-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I decided to try Irma's again and give it another shot. I grabbed a quick No Name burger with cheddar cheese to go. I must say, the burger was delicious and it tasted like you grilled it yourself on the grill in the backyard (or balcony for us downtowners). Very good and I enjoyed the quality organic beef. I will say though that it's not worth $7.00, especially since it does not come with any sides. I love the atmosphere and location and will definitely visit again, but it costs about $10.00 or more for a burger and fries. That's too much for a burger and fries in my book. At least on a regular basis.

The Old Downtown Guy
08-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I've been an Irma's fan since they opened up #1 on 63rd and now having them in my neighborhood is even better. I've made it there three times since they opened and it appears that they are off to a good start. The lunch crowd is predictably large and the evening crowd predictably small, but it usually takes a while for a burger shop to develop a consistent dinner business.

When I have a burger at Irma's, it's always the NoName . . . never been disappointed. The fries and rings are also top shelf. Though the price is higher than most restaurant burgers, the quality is without comparison in OKC.

Other favorites of mine on the menu are the Meatloaf dinner and Gumbo. Their salads are always fresh, tasty and generous. The new Plaza Court location serves the Gumbo in a regular bowl rather than the styrofoam used on 63rd which is a welcome improvement IMO and the only thing I would change is using glass rather than styrofoam beverage glasses. An ice cold Choc beer in a frosty glass is my beverage of choice from among the good beer assortment offered. Their high wait staff standards and good training keep the service top notch along with the food.

Though not a sports joint, the comfortable stools at the small bar will be a good spot to take in a game on the decent sized flat panel TV.

mecarr
09-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Very good and I enjoyed the quality organic beef. I will say though that it's not worth $7.00, especially since it does not come with any sides. I love the atmosphere and location and will definitely visit again, but it costs about $10.00 or more for a burger and fries. That's too much for a burger and fries in my book. At least on a regular basis.

I agree with you on the price. When I go, I order the No Name burger w/ cheese, fries and a coke. With tip, it comes up to like $12. Seems to be $5 too much.

bandnerd
09-06-2007, 10:27 AM
The problem is that beef in general has become so much more expensive given the whole ethanol thing. And the no-name beef is supposed to be organic, right? Of course it's going to be more expensive.

For me, I'd personally pay the extra to know that my beef was of better quality...just like I'd pay extra for organic milk and vegetables at the grocery store. But, I love Irma's.

Dustbowl
04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
I agree with you on the price. When I go, I order the No Name burger w/ cheese, fries and a coke. With tip, it comes up to like $12. Seems to be $5 too much.

Go to Nic's Grill 11th and Penn for THE BEST burgers in town. Burger, fries for 5.50. It blows Irma's away for price/quality and hole in wall experience.

ksearls
04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
That place is good! Hard to get in, it's tiny. Take cash.

angel27
04-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Dustbowl & K I've wondered about that tiny restaurant (Nic's) for years... thanks!
I thought it must be good to be so tiny and have lasted so long.

BBatesokc
06-16-2011, 06:53 AM
I know this thread has been dead for a few years, but didn't want to start a new thread just to announce.....

Irma's has a coupon good for both locations!

http://deals.eataroundokc.com/i/4buaFvul/l/

$10 for $20

Larry OKC
06-17-2011, 05:54 AM
How can you mess up a Frito Chili Pie?

Their burgers are GREAT though.

Seems fairly simple but it is amazing how basic food items can and do get screwed up. With Chili Pie, it may be the Chili itself is sub par or maybe they don't use real Fritos or the Fritos are stale. Etc. Can also depend on the consistency of the chili, too dry or soupy etc. Have to have the right ratio of wet/dry ingredients.

Went to the Irmas on 63rd (was a Rib Crib many years ago) and was extremely disappointed with the the burger, fries & frito pie (I couldn't decide so got both). Service was horrible, and not a good value for the money at all. Haven't been back (not in my regular travel path). Usually give places a second shot and if in the area might give it another go. Have been on a great onion ring search of late so may give it another try.

Pete
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Restaurants
Midtown

no

Address: 1120 N Classen (http://g.co/maps/7yhd9)
Development:
Opened:
Closed:
Owner:
Sq. Ft.:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/wikiphotos/irmasmidtown1.jpg

Information & Latest News
Links
Irma's Website (http://irmasburgershack.com/)
Yelp (http://www.yelp.com/biz/irmas-burger-shack-oklahoma-city-2)
Urban Spoon (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/46/500740/restaurant/Midtown/Irmas-Burger-Shack-Midtown-Oklahoma-City)
Eat Around OKC (http://www.eataroundokc.com/restaurant/irmas-burger-shack-midtown/)
Gallery

Trisha
01-21-2017, 09:15 PM
so I used to LOVE to eat at Irma's (nw 63rd location) & since I had the $$ and was in the area today for a Girl Scout Function, I thought I'd eat there.

boy was I very disappointed, service was great but seems like the food has gone downhill a bit from what it used to be a year or two ago... ordered a chz burger med Rare & bacon chz Fries. Fries were good but ( & I seem to remember this from last time I got them) the Chz was very spare & didn't even stick to the fries! when I order Chz fries , I expect the cheese to be all melty & gooey & all over the Fries, seeping down to the next layer of fries... not to fall OFF of the fri when I pick it up..

as for the Burger? well it was falling apart & had very little pink in it & seemed on the thin side & a sprinkle of shredded chz (not melted at all) , when I said it wasn't med rare, (and I eat my burgers/ steaks med rare so I KNOW what it's sps'd to look like.... warm Pink center) waitress looked at it & said yes it was , & that it was a great job, but said she could have them cook me another one more rare, I agreed, ....so they brought me out that was & it was really TOO rare for my palate but I was attempting to eat it..
Manager? I guess? came over & I guess noticed my expression & asked if it was maybe a lil too rare for me? I said yes & he took it & had them cook it a lil more so it was better but still not the best I've had.. (again the chz on this one was the same, small sprinkle of shredded chdr chz, not melted & a thin, falling apart patty ), I'm not sure if it was a cheaper variety of Chz or what but all I know is I doubt I'll be going back to Irma's to eat for a long time if ever espc for a Total of $16. ... I can go to Johnnies & get a thicker burger & baked potato for the same price! or even any of the other GOOD burger places arnd town
:( :(

Thomas Vu
01-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Did you express any of this to the person who may (not) have been the manager?

DoctorTaco
01-22-2017, 06:52 AM
In a city with an embarrassment of burger riches, the continuing existence of Irma's mystifies me. I am consistently under-impressed with the quality of their food.

Particularly the midtown location doesn't make sense to me. How is this still in business with quality burgers at the Garage and Nick's just blocks away? Heck even Kaiser's puts out a better burger (if--BIG IF--you can catch Kaiser's with the doors open).

bradh
01-22-2017, 06:55 AM
I still like Irma's, you just have to request the No Name meat for your burger. Their regular patties suck. I also find their fries the best.

soonermike81
01-22-2017, 10:03 AM
I still like Irma's, you just have to request the No Name meat for your burger. Their regular patties suck. I also find their fries the best.

Ok, I think I might've ranted about this before, but I think their regular patties are frozen patties. I've been to Irma's maybe, 4-5 times now, including once like 10 years ago before OKC blew up with amazing burger joints. At that time, I remember it being good but don't remember if I ordered the No Name meat.

Can someone confirm if their regular patties are frozen, because I seriously felt like I could tell on my 2nd and 3rd visits? I was extremely underwhelmed with the quality, and felt like it was a frozen patty. If so, why even bother if you are trying to compete with the amazing burger offerings OKC has to offer? Just make your No Name the standard, and raise the price just a tad to cover it, and I think people would be a lot happier with them.

bradh
01-22-2017, 10:14 AM
I believe they are, and why they don't serve No Name meat exclusively baffles me, perhaps a supply limitation?

MagzOK
01-23-2017, 11:24 AM
I've always ordered the no-name and have always rather enjoyed it.

TheTravellers
01-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Yeah, no-name is the way to go, done medium. We were there a few weeks ago and it was still as good as we've had (we don't get the fries, though, we get okra, slaw, onion rings, or red beans, usually), plenty of bleu cheese and bacon on my burger and it was cooked right.

Trisha
01-23-2017, 07:20 PM
they were all made w/ the No Name beef now, the Manger-ish guy was the one who checked on me & the burger, & no I didn't... :/ maybe I should have but I was just disappointed & didn't think to

bradh
03-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Jus to confirm, everything is served now with No Name beef. Been several times recently and it's been fantastic. My wife swears by their green chile burger, and there is not a better basket of fries in town.

TheTravellers
03-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Jus to confirm, everything is served now with No Name beef. Been several times recently and it's been fantastic. My wife swears by their green chile burger, and there is not a better basket of fries in town.

Yep, went last weekend and also heard that from the server. They're in the process of revamping their menu (sides, mainly, I think she said), most likely to compete with S&B and The Garage.

ditm4567
07-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Irma's at 63rd and Western will be closing come August... landlord does not want to renew their lease. The owner said that they are trying to locate a new location in the same area, and if nothing can be found, will be a permanent closure.

TheTravellers
07-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Horrible news!!! I believe they're the best burger around (haven't tried Nic's or Lipsmackers yet, though, guess we need to in order to find an Irma's replacement sooner rather than later), and for some reason, their Midtown location isn't nearly as good as the original (been going to the original since it's been Doc's).

However, if they can't find a new place, that would indicate they're not trying - there are literally probably 200-300 of places within a 2-mile radius of there they could go in (some with more remodeling/building than others, but still). They need to check out where Fusion Charcoal Grill is on NW 36th/May - busted water pipes back in Feb, owner hasn't done anything to it, just waiting out his lease apparently, and it's already fitted for a restaurant.

Isn't their landlord Chesapeake?

shawnw
07-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Um, re-open in midtown? I don't think anything has take that space yet. I mean, vs closing, even if it's just while you're looking for another space up north.

ditm4567
07-10-2018, 01:28 PM

Chesapeake sold most of that corner to their current landlord last year.

TheTravellers
07-10-2018, 01:51 PM
Um, re-open in midtown? I don't think anything has take that space yet. I mean, vs closing, even if it's just while you're looking for another space up north.

I think they're still in Midtown, despite what they said about closing that location a while ago - there are Yelp reviews that are recent. So it might be a stopgap for us, just weird that location wasn't as good as the original (in our opinion).

Pete
07-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Yes, they did not close that Midtown location.

And they just recently posted about coming to see them after the streetcar is up and running, which won't be to the end of the year so I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon.

shawnw
07-10-2018, 01:58 PM
Interesting... and good! I had been ruling them out of my downtown meal thoughts because I presumed they were closed...

CloudDeckMedia
07-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Chesapeake sold most of that corner to their current landlord last year.

So who owns this property and - presumably - contingent property to the north and west?

Pete
07-10-2018, 03:48 PM
So who owns this property and - presumably - contingent property to the north and west?

Bank 7.

sooner88
07-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Bank 7.

Are there any tenants in the strip center north of Irma's? I know the liquor store had to relocate. I imagine that Bank7 has grown large enough that they'll need to expand.

TheTravellers
07-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Are there any tenants in the strip center north of Irma's? I know the liquor store had to relocate. I imagine that Bank7 has grown large enough that they'll need to expand.

Last time we went by (which was a few months ago), I believe the strip center was still completely empty (as it had been for a while). So we might get a bigger Bank7 building (or more parking) instead of Irma's, yay. Not sure if it's better than another strip mall with a pizza place, nail salon, liquor store, and vape shop...

Thomas Vu
07-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Horrible news!!! I believe they're the best burger around (haven't tried Nic's or Lipsmackers yet, though, guess we need to in order to find an Irma's replacement sooner rather than later), and for some reason, their Midtown location isn't nearly as good as the original (been going to the original since it's been Doc's).

However, if they can't find a new place, that would indicate they're not trying - there are literally probably 200-300 of places within a 2-mile radius of there they could go in (some with more remodeling/building than others, but still). They need to check out where Fusion Charcoal Grill is on NW 36th/May - busted water pipes back in Feb, owner hasn't done anything to it, just waiting out his lease apparently, and it's already fitted for a restaurant.

I've heard they had the best patty. I'll never know =(

TheTravellers
07-10-2018, 06:31 PM
I've heard they had the best patty. I'll never know =(

You still have time, and their Midtown location will still be open. Wish we could remember exactly why we thought the Midtown location was inferior to the 63rd one, guess we'll have time to find out. :(

Aside - went to the Garage for the second time (first time was years ago when there were only 2, I think, and had the bison patty, which wasn't great, and the sweet potato fries, ditto), and had the jalapeno bacon cheeseburger (beef patty) and fries - totally underwhelmed again, not sure why folks think they're so great, but probably because of the atmosphere, beer, and ubiquity.

Martin
07-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Wish we could remember exactly why we thought the Midtown location was inferior to the 63rd one, guess we'll have time to find out.

can't put my finger on it either but i agree... historically, the burgers have always seemed a little better to me at the 63rd street location. the last couple times I've been at the midtown location I've been a bit disappointed... i ordered my burger medium and it came out well-done. it wasn't the end of the world but that never happened to me once in all the times i've been to the 63rd street location.

TheTravellers
07-10-2018, 07:18 PM
can't put my finger on it either but i agree... historically, the burgers have always seemed a little better to me at the 63rd street location. the last couple times I've been at the midtown location I've been a bit disappointed... i ordered my burger medium and it came out well-done. it wasn't the end of the world but that never happened to me once in all the times i've been to the 63rd street location.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get lucky and when the 63rd St. location closes, they'll boot the cooks from the Midtown one and give their job to the ones from 63rd. :)

shawnw
07-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Or at least bring that magic grill with more years of grease build-up

Rover
07-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Irma's at 63rd and Western will be closing come August... landlord does not want to renew their lease. The owner said that they are trying to locate a new location in the same area, and if nothing can be found, will be a permanent closure.

The burger competition in the area is just rediculous. Just within a mile or two is Tuckers, S&B, Lipsmackers, Pops, Garage, Republic, and now Hopdoddy. Irmas had do be struggling to keep up, and frankly I would put their burgers at the bottom of that list.

Rover
07-11-2018, 03:03 PM
The 63rd st location used to be a really good bbq joint. Wish a new great non-chain bbq restaurant would go in there now. Earls is just up the street and does pretty welll... but its bbq is mediocre and they are ripe to be pilaged by a new joint.

ditm4567
07-11-2018, 03:15 PM
The burger competition in the area is just rediculous. Just within a mile or two is Tuckers, S&B, Lipsmackers, Pops, Garage, Republic, and now Hopdoddy. Irmas had do be struggling to keep up, and frankly I would put their burgers at the bottom of that list.

Not only is it comical that you included Pops in that list, but to say that they are even better than Irmas is truly incredible. Thank you for that chuckle. Needed it after the England loss.

Rover
07-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Not only is it comical that you included Pops in that list, but to say that they are even better than Irmas is truly incredible. Thank you for that chuckle. Needed it after the England loss.

Yeah, that was an oversight... but not by much. Neither are really good burgers. I do still go to Irmas for their fried pickles though. And Pops occasionally for their 1/2 price night on Tuesdays.

Roger S
07-11-2018, 03:33 PM
The 63rd st location used to be a really good bbq joint.

Rib Crib really good BBQ? ..... Ok, I'll give you good but if you had said great we'd have an issue.

A co-worker and I did put a hurt on that Rib Crib's profit margin on AYCE rib night a few times.

Rover
07-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Not Rib Crib. This was before there was a Rib Crib (which was actually a pizza company at the time, I think). The Rib Crib was at Britton and May if I remember correctly. The owner of this BBQ spot moved to Pink and closed up here. Pink was closer to where he went fishing. :) He was a persnikity man who made BBQ right and if you didn't like it you could leave. He might not open up if it was a good fishing day. He always ran out of ribs but made maybe the best steak in town. Oh...the good ole days.

I worked at OKlahoma Monthly Magazine at the time and we ran a "10 Best BBQ Joints In OK" cover feature every year. I was a sidekick to the writer for this article.
:) This one was always on it.

Roger S
07-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Not Rib Crib. This was before there was a Rib Crib (which was actually a pizza company I think. The Rib Crib was at Britton and May if I remember correctly. The owner of this BBQ spot moved to Pink and closed up here. Pink was closer to where he went fishing. :)

So back around statehood? ;) I wonder if it was the guy that had the BBQ shack out near Thunderbird in a red shed?

We mowed a lot of yards in that area when I was a kid but I really don't remember what else was in that building before Rib Crib's stint in it in the late 90's early aughts.

Rover
07-11-2018, 04:06 PM
This was late 70s, early 80s. Sorry, I've slept a couple of times and can't remember his name. Sure do remember the ribs though. Faces and names come and go... good BBQ is remembered forever.