View Full Version : Paciugo Gelato

traemac
05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Saw that it is coming to Penn Square, not as good as il dolce gelato but at least some decent gelato on the north side.

BBatesokc
07-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I recently discovered this place in Penn Square (now open in the food court). WOW!

The wife and I are ice cream addicts and often drive out to Moore for some Il Dolce or hunt down the Roxy's Ice Cream Social truck - but I've gotta say, this new Paciugo spot is a welcome sight! Its the only way, the last three times, my wife has been able to talk me into going to the mall with her (only so many times I can see the same stuff in the Apple Store and Brookstone).

I would compare it on the same level as Il Dolce (which is a huge compliment). Some of the same flavors, but many different ones as well. The spot at Penn is easy to get to (NW corner of the food court) and its very clean and updated. They have lots of staff that are pretty friendly (though kind of on top of each other) and their taste spoons are good size. So big in fact I saw more than one person sample 6-8 different flavors and then leave (full I'm sure).

Prices are not bad for the mall and it was the only food spot that consistently had a line the entire time we were there (on 4 total occasions now). My favorite flavors so far are Baileys, Salted Caramel, Amarena Black Cherry Swirl and 3 vanilla.

They were missing some of the fresh fruit flavors I really like from Il Dolce and their stracciatella was not as good as Il Dolce IMO, but I find myself more often closer to Penn Square than to Moore, so this new location is going to get most of my business (that is, only when I can't get to the Roxy's truck).

I took my usual lunch bunch late last week after having Mexican food at Casa De Los Milagros. None had tried Paciugo before and all agreed it was worth the trip. The two complaints they had, that I also have noticed, is that their flavors are consistently 'sweeter' than Il Dolce (not always a good thing) and the texture (once in your mouth) is even closer to soft serve than Il Dolce and tends to melt really fast on a cone. But, that said, I'm sure I will be a regular when in the area.

progressiveboy
07-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Saw that it is coming to Penn Square, not as good as il dolce gelato but at least some decent gelato on the north side. One of my favorites at Paciugo is the hazelnut. Their wedding cake flavor is also good. Since this is a Dallas chain, they are found all over DFW. This should be a great addition to for gelato lovers and for PSM. Very quality in my opinion!