View Full Version : LeBron James wins 3rd MVP Award

MDot
05-12-2012, 02:16 PM
This thread probably won't receive too many hits since Kevin Durant didn't win it (plus, not many people like LeBron James to begin with) but for anyone who missed it, James won the MVP Award for the third time in his nine year career. Durant came in second-place with 24 first-place votes out of a possible 121 votes and 889 points; James received 85 of the 121 first-place votes and 1,074 points. Congratulations to James on a phenomenal season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7922483/miami-heat-lebron-james-joins-rare-company-third-nba-mvp-award

SoonerBoy18
05-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I honestly feel Durant got robbed. Lebron didnt have any hollywood highlights this season so its hard to know how they determined he should get it.

MDot
05-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I honestly feel Durant got robbed. Lebron didnt have any hollywood highlights this season so its hard to know how they determined he should get it.

LeBron had a really good year number wise but Durant had comparable numbers, most better, and I think he means more to the Thunder than LeBron does to the Heat honestly. I'm not really going to throw my opinion on who should have won it but between KD and LBJ you could have a toss up almost every year.

dcsooner
05-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Very impressed by Lebrons during his press conference. He reperesented himself very well. Well spoken, articulate, deferential. I think he is a very deserving MVP. Will view him in a very different light from here on.

OKCisOK4me
05-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Im gonna stay unbiased on this one...a ring is all that counts at this point. I know it was for regular season play but three MVPs and no rings doesn't really matter..

MDot
05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Very impressed by Lebrons during his press conference. He reperesented himself very well. Well spoken, articulate, deferential. I think he is a very deserving MVP. Will view him in a very different light from here on.

He did handle himself very well.

Easy180
05-12-2012, 08:13 PM
LeBron is the best player in the league and is probably the most athletic to ever play the game...To me he should win every stinking year til he slows down

MDot
05-12-2012, 08:47 PM
LeBron is the best player in the league and is probably the most athletic to ever play the game...To me he should win every stinking year til he slows down

I take it you like LeBron? LOL

Easy180
05-12-2012, 08:50 PM
I take it you like LeBron? LOL

Not really just being realistic...He is a freak of nature for his size and more athletic than Jordan

MDot
05-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Not really just being realistic...He is a freak of nature for his size and more athletic than Jordan

Not really? Haha... I've liked him ever since he first entered the league and not even I'm that enthusiastic about him. LOL he is a freak of nature, though I'm not going to say he's more athletic than Jordan, but I'll also let you have your opinion just like I have mine. =)