View Full Version : OU Suspensions

ljbab728
05-09-2012, 10:35 PM
This gives no inkling about what infractions were involved but, once again, Stoops is continuing to show that he isn't shy about discipline or suspensions. This obviously was what was behind statements by Kameel Jackson about transferring to A&M even though A&M didn't seem to know much about it.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/story/_/id/7914048/oklahoma-sooners-suspend-jaz-reynolds-trey-franks-kameel-jackson-quentin-hayes-indefinitely

jedicurt
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
good... just makes it that much easier for Metoyer to get on the field

bbarnett
05-09-2012, 11:51 PM
i wish i could figure out what is going on at OU with these bozos.

SoonerQueen
05-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I just got back from the movies and now I'm hearing that 4 players have been disciplined at OU. Don't they know that Bob Stoops doesn't play games? How fortunate these kids are to get a full scholarship and to get to play at a leading school. One wanted to transfer anyway, but the other three are good players. Some things I will never understand.
This is just my opinion.

ljbab728
05-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I just got back from the movies and now I'm hearing that 4 players have been disciplined at OU. Don't they know that Bob Stoops doesn't play games? How fortunate these kids are to get a full scholarship and to get to play at a leading school. One wanted to transfer anyway, but the other three are good players. Some things I will never understand.
This is just my opinion.

SQ, as I mentioned, the one who wanted to transfer likely decided that after he found out he was going to get suspended.

Easy180
05-10-2012, 03:43 AM
We can try to downplay this all we want but this sentence is certainly unsettling

Should Reynolds, Franks and Jackson be unavailable for OU's opener Sept. 1 at UTEP, Kenny Stills would be the only receiver on the OU roster with a career reception.

BoulderSooner
05-10-2012, 06:20 AM
non of those 4 were going to start ... although IMHO Jaz would have been a top 4 WR ..

gardner stills metoyer shepard woods neal

SoonerDave
05-10-2012, 09:58 AM
All this nonsense going on down there sure makes me wonder what's up. Lots of "personalities," not much "team." Leadership vacuum?

ou48A
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Reynolds and Franks have been in trouble before and will not be missed IMHO.
As a true freshmen Jackson looked promising.
Hays was thought to be someone who could contribute at a high level

I have never understood this level of stupidity.
As many others have, these players are hurting their best chance they will ever have at having a decent life.

ljbab728
05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Kameel Jackson is now indicating that he plans to stay at OU. Perhaps A & M told him no or he just had a change of heart. Who knows?

http://newsok.com/ou-football-kameel-jackson-has-change-of-heart-will-remain-at-ou/article/3676253

He followed that up with more tweets to “silence all rumors” about his suspension.

“My suspension came from my failure to meet my class attendance policy,” he tweeted. “Nothing more; nothing less.”