View Full Version : "Other" Development Discussion?!?

dwellsokc
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
This category title demeans the prominence of the important URBAN topics that reside here. The hierarchy: “Urban Development & Buildings,” then “Suburban Development & Buildings,” and finally “Other Development Discussion,” suggests that these “Other” discussions are not related to Urban, or Suburban topics.

It took me several days to locate these URBAN-THEAMED discussion threads. I thought they’d simply been deleted.

Put them back where they belong!!

Pete
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
We are reorganizing the forums and have at least temporarily moved anything that is not a specific development/building to the other forum for now.

I'll rename it to Other Urban Development and move it up a notch.

Please hang in there as we are doing a major restructuring and there are lots of moving parts. In the longer term, the benefits will be enormous.

Ginkasa
05-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Put them back where they belong!!

That's internet manners for you. No need to politely request what you'd like to inquire what's going on. Let's demand things with multiple exclamation marks!

stlokc
05-07-2012, 05:24 PM
I think everybody should chill a little bit. Pete has proven to be a tireless and capable developer of this site, and it has evolved into a remarkable resource for OKC. Let's trust him, see what comes and stay away from demanding things (!) before we know what he has in mind.

Pete, many thanks for all you do to make this site happen!

Pete
05-07-2012, 05:29 PM
As I've said elsewhere, the strong reaction to change just demonstrates how people have become attached to the site, which is a good thing.

We are headed somewhere great with these recent changes... I have total confidence in our course and I think it soon will be obvious to all.

Hang in there and I'll do my best to minimize the disruption while moving the site ever forward.

Urbanized
05-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Who moved my cheese?!

dwellsokc
07-04-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm not intending to knock Pete's good efforts and hard work, but the two main headings still overlap and are counter-intuitive... Wouldn't "CBD Buildings," and "Urban Development" be more accurate titles for these popular topics? (I'm curious if activity has increased or decreased since the change...)