View Full Version : Oklahoma City to host first-ever Softball World Cup

OUman
05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
It was in yesterday's Oklahoman and in the news. Oklahoma City will be hosting the first-ever softball world cup, at the ASA Hall of Fame complex. The U.S. Team, along w/ teams from China, Japan, Australia and Canada will be here for the tournament.

Awesome news, this definitely puts our city in the global scene.

Just one thing though, I hope it doesn't get too hot. Did you notice the timing? July.

At any rate, good stuff.

OUman

Midtowner
05-03-2005, 10:30 PM
On the global scene?

I didn't know that any country, including the U.S. cared about softball.

I also wasn't aware that the softball hall of fame was really a legitimate tourist attraction?

I just thought softball was an excuse to play with a baseball that was easier to hit/catch while drinking beer? Am I wrong?

Patrick
05-04-2005, 01:37 AM
It was in yesterday's Oklahoman and in the news. Oklahoma City will be hosting the first-ever softball world cup, at the ASA Hall of Fame complex. The U.S. Team, along w/ teams from China, Japan, Australia and Canada will be here for the tournament.

Awesome news, this definitely puts our city in the global scene.

Just one thing though, I hope it doesn't get too hot. Did you notice the timing? July.

At any rate, good stuff.

OUman

This is great news. More exposure for our city. Much of the nation already knows we have the finest softball facility in the nation, probably the world, as the Softball college world series is played there every year.

Sooner&RiceGrad
05-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Softball is the female equivalent of baseball, Midtowner.

I was looking in nearly every nook and cranny of my news briefings, then the www for a related news release and couldn't find bupkiss.

OUman
05-04-2005, 09:38 AM
On the global scene?

I didn't know that any country, including the U.S. cared about softball.

I also wasn't aware that the softball hall of fame was really a legitimate tourist attraction?

I just thought softball was an excuse to play with a baseball that was easier to hit/catch while drinking beer? Am I wrong?

Yes, in the global scene.

Softball, while not nearly as popular as baseball, has come a long way in getting it's glory, especially w/ players like Jennie Finch (I hope I didn't get her name wrong). She's known all over the world as one of the best softball players.

Besides, the event will be broadcasted live on ESPN. Almost all games will be televised live.

Here's the link from Newsok: http://www.newsok.com/article/1489148/ You have to be registered, but it's free.

OUman