View Full Version : Public Supply Company Closing ? - False Rumor

TAYGARLAN
05-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I am in the building industry and have been hearing rumors of a local buisness that has a long history of supplying contractors their windows and doors in Okc and Tulsa closing it's doors. The interesting part of this story is that this company is owned by the same Bennett family that owns the Okc Thunder basketball team. Has anyone else heard what is going on?

OMEGAMAN
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I buy product from them and my salesmen confirmed this with me on Friday that they will be closing at the end of the month. It's to bad i really enjoyed doing buisness with them over the years.

Bailey80
05-08-2012, 08:00 AM
I buy product from them and my salesmen confirmed this with me on Friday that they will be closing at the end of the month. It's to bad i really enjoyed doing buisness with them over the years.

Does anybody have any proof of this? I called the company yesterday and they assured me they were not closing. The president of the company said he thought perhaps their competitors were spreading rumors. Anybody have any insights?

OMEGAMAN
05-08-2012, 01:56 PM
My salesman told me that the windows that i thought had been on order for over three weeks had not even been placed yet because their vendors have them on hold, needless to say he told me if i ever wanted them that i would need to get them somewhere else. He also told me that the owners father had also announced his retirement on friday of last week which to me comes at very odd time. I have called down there too and have been assured that everything is ok,but why did i have to go get my products somewhere else?

RadicalModerate
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I bought lots of windows, etc. from Public Supply a couple of decades ago.
It's a shame to see a fine, old, dependable, Oklahoma company like this in a . . . questionable(?) position.
Hope you didn't have to pay for the overdue order in advance.
(It's bad enough to have the construction schedule screwed up without also being dollars behind . . . and having to attempt to attempt to explain all that to your customer . . .)

Pete
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Does anybody have any proof of this? I called the company yesterday and they assured me they were not closing. The president of the company said he thought perhaps their competitors were spreading rumors. Anybody have any insights?

I believe both these closing rumor posts are from the same person who works for a competitor of Public Supply.

I am closing this thread and labeling it a false rumor.