View Full Version : Stillwater Looks at Corridor Plan to Tie OSU, Downtown

Bunty
05-03-2012, 01:56 AM
http://www.stwnewspress.com/local/x1378306903/Stillwater-looks-at-corridor-plan-to-tie-Oklahoma-State-campus-downtown

Spartan
05-03-2012, 08:52 AM
It looks like they plan to demo everything..what is that reminiscent of.

Bunty
05-05-2012, 12:08 PM
For what's going on now two new 5 story apartment complexes near OSU will help make up for the housing that was wiped out for OSU's Athletic Village while taking pressure off the rather quaint neighborhood west of OSU for student housing.

Spartan
05-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Was in Stillwater today, and actually quite surprised at how much the town has grown up. Their little downtown area is really jiving with some downtown retail that I think OKC would be very envious of. I'd even put it ahead of Norman on the retail front, which is surprising because last time I'd seen Stillwater it was just light years behind Norman on so many things including all things downtown.

Norman's interesting because I think there's a retail-restaurant cleavage emerging between its downtown and Campus Corner, and Stillwater seems the opposite as far as how its downtown and "Campus Corner" area interact with more restaurants around Knoblock, more retail downtown.

Why don't they do a streetscape like Norman or even Ponca City? It seems like investing a $1-2 million or so would not break a city of 50,000 (area of 80,000) people.