View Full Version : Dallas?

SoonerQueen
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM

BradR
05-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Better not get ahead of yourself yet. I'm rooting for the Thunder, but it's not over until it's over.

venture
05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Cockiness always leads to disappointment. Ask the bandwagon (not real) OU fans every year. LOL

SoonerBoy18
05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Cockiness always leads to disappointment. Ask the bandwagon (not real) OU fans every year. LOL

If I can recall, the Oklahoma State fans were the olympic champions for cockiness this year. Cant wait til they play in Norman next season.

OKCisOK4me
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
If I can recall, the Oklahoma State fans were the olympic champions for cockiness this year. Cant wait til they play in Norman next season.

Let me pass the baton back to you. Thanks. ;-)

In regards to Dallas, I saw a preview for the new Dallas show that's going to be airing on TNT. Guess JR didn't die...

Matt
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I heard the Grizzlies were busy creating internet memes similar to this one during halftime of their game against the Clippers the other night.

dankrutka
05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Let me pass the baton back to you. Thanks. ;-)

In regards to Dallas, I saw a preview for the new Dallas show that's going to be airing on TNT. Guess JR didn't die...

I went to high school with one of the stars of Dallas - Josh Henderson. He graduated from Tulsa Memorial in 2000. Even their TV show is dominated by Okies. (Kidding... I actually think Josh was born in Dallas before growing up in OK).

Fantastic
05-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Better not get ahead of yourself yet. I'm rooting for the Thunder, but it's not over until it's over.

As a huge Thunder fan, I certaintly hope and believe the Thunder will win this series. That said... I am amazed by what they did on Thursday. I turely thought the Mavs were going to win that game, and I didn't think it was going to be very close, not a 20 point blow out or anything, but a comfortable 8-10 point victory. So yeah, I could NOT believe it. It went the exact opposite of how I thought it would go, and I'm happy about that. My confidence that Dallas will win ONE game in this series has taken a serious hit. I still believe that they could, and it's not because of that goofy urban legend that teams will lose on the road so they can close out a series on their home court (that is so stupid, and something only a non-sports fan would say), teams want to close out a series as quickly as possible to avoid the loss of momentum. I think Dallas has a good chance to win game 4... BUT while the Heat and Spurs are certainly going to sweep their series, the doubt for a Thunder sweep is close to gone. We'll see what happens tonight, but even if the Thunder loses this game, I think they are in pretty good shape.

MDot
05-05-2012, 10:21 AM
As a huge Thunder fan, I certaintly hope and believe the Thunder will win this series. That said... I am amazed by what they did on Thursday. I turely thought the Mavs were going to win that game, and I didn't think it was going to be very close, not a 20 point blow out or anything, but a comfortable 8-10 point victory. So yeah, I could NOT believe it. It went the exact opposite of how I thought it would go, and I'm happy about that. My confidence that Dallas will win ONE game in this series has taken a serious hit. I still believe that they could, and it's not because of that goofy urban legend that teams will lose on the road so they can close out a series on their home court (that is so stupid, and something only a non-sports fan would say), teams want to close out a series as quickly as possible to avoid the loss of momentum. I think Dallas has a good chance to win game 4... BUT while the Heat and Spurs are certainly going to sweep their series, the doubt for a Thunder sweep is close to gone. We'll see what happens tonight, but even if the Thunder loses this game, I think they are in pretty good shape.

Well said. I felt the same way as you about Game 3 and now my confidence is higher than ever before after seeing what the Thunder did to Dallas when I was expecting Dallas to get a substantial victory on their home court in a practically must win situation for them.

Spartan
05-05-2012, 11:07 AM

They kicked our ass dude. That was embarrassing, let it go.

Thunder-Mavs is over. They will probably win one game, but it is very unlikely that this series will go beyond 5.

kevinpate
05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
It was way beyond a simple kick in the arse, but yeah, it ain't healthy to hang onto it.
To the Journey!

Bill Robertson
05-06-2012, 07:04 AM
We were in Vegas last week and I watched game 3 in the huge sorts bar inside New York, New York. It was a blast to be able to make noise for our guys without the wife telling me to calm down. I was suprised how many Thunder shirts I saw. Probably 12 to 15. And a lot of other people rooting for our guys. Makes you feel good.

GaryOKC6
05-06-2012, 07:30 AM
We were in Vegas last week and I watched game 3 in the huge sorts bar inside New York, New York. It was a blast to be able to make noise for our guys without the wife telling me to calm down. I was suprised how many Thunder shirts I saw. Probably 12 to 15. And a lot of other people rooting for our guys. Makes you feel good.

Well they certainly put the defending champions in their place by wrapping it up last night. When the Thunder fell apart in the second half to trail by 13 I thought that Dallas would win for sure. That is until James Hardin came back in. aparently he did not get the memo.

Easy180
05-06-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm just glad we don't have to see Dirk and his teeth again for 6 more months

MDot
05-06-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm just glad we don't have to see Dirk and his teeth again for 6 more months

Haha, this.