View Full Version : Edmond/North OKC of Los Angeles?

Clock4869
04-29-2012, 04:55 AM
I don't necessarily mean a rich area, but what would you say is an edmondish area of L.A.? What i'm interested in is a good place to live that is near things to do and good shopping---nice grocery stores---schools---etc. Hopefully someone can help---thanks!

calitook
04-29-2012, 06:15 AM
Does it have to be LA? Orange County (where I'm from) is pretty Edmond-ish, especially Irvine. If you have to be in L.A. county, maybe Diamond Bar or Hacienda Heights. Keep in mind you will be paying California prices, especially to be in a nice area (which is why I'm here now!)

QUOTE=Clock4869;533145]I don't necessarily mean a rich area, but what would you say is an edmondish area of L.A.? What i'm interested in is a good place to live that is near things to do and good shopping---nice grocery stores---schools---etc. Hopefully someone can help---thanks![/QUOTE]

Pete
04-29-2012, 09:52 AM
The Palos Verdes peninsula is very nice with good schools and somewhat it's on little world in L.A. County. But very expensive, of course.

I agree about Irvine and I'd add Laguna Niguel, also in Orange County.

I live in Thousand Oaks in Ventura County and it's got good schools and is very nice. Calabasas, Agoura, Westlake Village and Camarillo are near me and are similar.

Expect to pay about 4-6X for a home in these areas as you would in Edmond.

ljbab728
04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
If you want something in a little more urban setting, the area in and around West Hollywood is very nice. Much of it is condos instead of individual homes though. The Beverly Center is a tremendous shopping center and Melrose Ave. has a lot of trendy shops and businesses. Whole Foods and Trader Joes are right in that area and the well known farmer's market is not far.

Hollywood
04-30-2012, 09:31 AM
If you can get south into the OC and stay below Anaheim I think you'll be much happier.

Clock4869
04-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help! If i can let me clarify a little more when i say L.A. I'll probably be working in the el segundo area...anything nice somewhat near that area (even a 20M radius may not be so bad---but hoping to find something nice---good schools---good shopping/whole foods---north okcish)? I have two small children so a condo may not work...Thanks a bunch for the help---really appreciate it!

Pete
04-30-2012, 01:09 PM
El Segundo itself is a nice little community if you don't mind the proximity to the refineries.

Immediately south is Manhattan Beach (lived there for years), then Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. All very nice but ultra-expensive.

I would look into the Palos Verdes peninsula. Expensive but bigger lots, good schools and probably the closest thing you are going to find to Edmond anywhere near El Segundo.

RadicalModerate
04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Each day I encounter folks who have moved back to Oklahoma on account of prevailing economic conditions on the coast (not including earthquakes as compared to tornadoes).

Many of the EastboundHoard are FlipperProfiteersWannabees with Questions regarding RelativeValue of Property.

The only place I ever observed with my own two eyes worth selling my life is Laguna Beach right on the cliff.
Watch out for rogue crabs invading your domicile. And landslides. =)

Of course, that perspective was that of an eight or ten year old.
Laguna. (Cliff)

Now . . . If you meant NORTH of LA . . .

Cambria. On the coast . . . but Santa Barbera ain't no slouch . .

Monterrey? . . .
Man . . . It's in the Can . . . Ain't it?
Like . . . In a row . . .