View Full Version : Ticket Master Excluding OKlahoma Residents from THUNDER Playoffs

zachOKC
04-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Was online early to get tickets for the playoffs this morning. Somehow managed to get through for $12 tickets for games 1 and 2. After I entered my credit card and hit submit I was directed to a page that said you have to live in Oklahoma, Kansas or Arkansas to be able to get playoff tickets. Not a problem as I live in the middle of OKC. The only option then is to return to the event page where low and behold the tickets I had purchased for both days are lost.

On the phone with ticket master I was told that the error was completely on their part because they did not have all of the zip codes entered for Oklahoma properly. Spoke to a supervisor and was informed me that not only did I lose my tickets but they event is also sold out and now there is nothing that can be done. They would not even offer a coupon for a future purchase.

Now the tickets that were $12 each are on their exchange for $80 min. What a scam! Ticket Master messes up big time and now Oklahomans like myself are kept out of the arena for what will hopefully be a title run!

SoonerBoy18
04-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Why do you have to live in those 3 states if you want Thunder playoff tickets? i never understood that rule.

zachOKC
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Why do you have to live in those 3 states if you want Thunder playoff tickets? i never understood that rule.

My guess is that they just want local fans for the home games. I agree that it is a little odd.

I spoke with NewsOK earlier and soon after that got a call from the Thunder. They sold me some better tickets for the original price and said there were only a small number of people affected by the zip code issue. Quick responses from both the news & thunder. Way to make things right OKC!

MikeLucky
04-27-2012, 01:14 PM
The NBA has mandates about where the playoff tickets can be sold... it's a way to protect certain markets from getting all their tickets purchased by an away team that may travel very well, and thus possibly diminishing the home court advantage.

SSEiYah
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
You cant sell tickets for over $.50 over face value..(for now)

OkieHornet
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
You cant sell tickets for over $.50 over face value..(for now)

you must have missed this:
http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=29588

soonergolfer
04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
It is to keep people around the country from buying high demand tickets just to flip on eBay or stubhub. It would be impossible to get a ticket for an okc western conference game if the entire country could compete for them on ticketmaster.