View Full Version : Meta World Peace hits Harden

OKCJapan
04-22-2012, 05:31 PM
The announcers said the the blow to Harden's by Meta World Peace was unintentional. While, Meta World Peace was ejected from the game, Harden could not return and he was having a big game. As you now know, The Thunder lose that game in double overtime.

If Harden would have been able to play in the second half, I think with the big game he was having, he become the go to guy in the fourth quarter when D&W were in a shooting slump. The Result is the Thunder would have won the game.

The point here is, I wonder if the blow was really unintentional. Maybe it was, however, let's examine it more closely. The Thunder have owned the Lakers since the end of last season. Not only that but the Lakers are in a must win situation to keep from possibly dropping down to the 5th seed for the playoffs which means they would have to go on the road in the first round. Meta World Peace is a role player and not a main scorer. He also has been the most controversial person on the team. So,he does the dirty work to ensure that the Lakers have a chance to win and make it look unintentional. He takes the heat for the team and it will be publicized for a couple of days and forgotten and the Lakers get their win.

I wonder how the Lakers will respond to the media questions.

Soonerus
04-22-2012, 05:32 PM
It was clearly intentional...

betts
04-22-2012, 05:35 PM
It was not unintentional. If it had been, he would have turned back to see who he hit and if he was doing OK. The announcers said he would have felt someone in that location prior to throwing the elbow and they noted he followed through, which you also wouldn't do with an unintentional hit. Players generally elbow when they've got the ball and they're trying to keep someone from stealing it. Their elbows are lower than Artest's was as well.

OSUMom
04-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Harden was right there next to him. Maybe he didn't see who it was, but no way did he not know that someone was there. And like some of the half-time announcers pointed out, he didn't stop when he connected. He followed through. Metta World Piece-of-s***.

As for how they will respond, just like the coach did. "I didn't see it." Even though you know darned well he watched it at half-time.

BlackmoreRulz
04-22-2012, 05:38 PM
The elbow was far from unintentional, he raised his arm well above his shoulder to swing the elbow

7lLD2ZZC3G0&t=1m1s

bluedogok
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
MWP? His name is Ron Artest and even though he "changed his name" it still doesn't change his psychological makeup....which is the fact that he is an unhinged nut job. Of course it was intentional, coming from Artest it didn't surprise me at all.

Easy180
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
There goes his playoffs. Should be remainder of the season for Over the Hill Peace

adaniel
04-22-2012, 05:54 PM
MWP? His name is Ron Artest and even though he "changed his name" it still doesn't change his psychological makeup....which is the fact that he is an unhinged nut job. Of course it was intentional, coming from Artest it didn't surprise me at all.

This x10000

No lame name change can alter the makeup of someone involved in this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zgS7AwJCPM

Since we're now a likely second seed, we'll probably play the Lakers second round. I would love to see Mr. Artest back playing with the Lakers by then. Can you image the warm Okie welcome he'll receive at the 'peake!!

Jim Kyle
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
I'd like to see the rules changed so that such an incident would immediately terminate the game, or alternatively simply reset the offender's team's score to zero in addition to suspension of the offender for the next 12 months from the date of the offense. I'm sure that such draconian penalties would induce coaches and managers to be equally draconian toward offenders...

MDot
04-22-2012, 06:15 PM
I've been mad at players if they get hot and light up the team I'm rooting for but I still respect them as players but when Ron Ron did that I got mad and lost any bit of respect I had for him before which wasn't much. I don't know why they haven't kicked this head case out of the league yet.

adaniel
04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Per Darnell Mayberry @ the Oklahoman, Harden confirmed with a concussion. He's probably done for the remainder of the season.

king183
04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I honestly want know why Artest can't be arrested for that. That was a low-class, b.s. move. He deserves to be suspended for the playoffs and much of next season.

rcjunkie
04-22-2012, 07:06 PM
At the very least, he should be suspended for the equal time Hardin is unable to play.

SoonerBoy18
04-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I hope he gets suspended the 1st two games or more in the 1st round of the playoffs. That was extremley intentional. Everyone who goes to Thunder game on tuesday vs the Kings, we need to give Harden a standing O.. If he plays.

SoonerBoy18
04-22-2012, 09:10 PM
And if he has a serious condition, how come players cant sue other players for stuff like this?

ljbab728
04-23-2012, 12:05 AM
A good take on this.

The NBA should suspend World Peace indefinitely, see how many games (if any) Harden will miss, then tack on two to that number. Especially since we just witnessed a case study in Harden's value to the Thunder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0OHpTuroY

G.Walker
04-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Metta World Violence should be suspended for at least 5 games. Hopefully Harden can come back in time for the playoffs, but it doesn't look like it. I guess a silver lining to this is that the Thunder posted a 18 point lead without Harden, only to collapse in the 4th quarter. But it does show we can still compete without him. I am glad the next two games for the Thunder have no real implications, so these next two games will be good ones for Harden to miss.

Bellaboo
04-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Ron 'Cheap Shot Artist' should be suspended without pay for the rest of the Lakers season. Has been, and always will but nothing more than a classless thug.

RadicalModerate
04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
I'd like to see the rules changed so that such an incident would immediately terminate the game, or alternatively simply reset the offender's team's score to zero in addition to suspension of the offender for the next 12 months from the date of the offense. I'm sure that such draconian penalties would induce coaches and managers to be equally draconian toward offenders...

This is some of the most brilliant "common sense"--to remedy what should be an intolerable situation--that I've ever encountered. Thank you.

TaoMaas
04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Didn't Perk get a technical during the previous Lakers/Thunder game for raising his elbow after a rebound even though it didn't even make contact with Gasol?

dankrutka
04-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Per Darnell Mayberry @ the Oklahoman, Harden confirmed with a concussion. He's probably done for the remainder of the season.

Do you just say stuff for shock value or do you just not care if you have any credibility? This post is pure stupidity. A concussion does not mean you're done for the season. Don't post unless you have knowledge about something.

dankrutka
04-23-2012, 09:51 AM
There goes his playoffs. Should be remainder of the season for Over the Hill Peace

He will not be suspended for the rest of the season. I am hoping for 5 games.

dankrutka
04-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Hopefully Harden can come back in time for the playoffs, but it doesn't look like it.

Are you guys just making stuff up?!? The worst case scenario is that Harden is done. The best case scenario is that he is ready to go this week. Are you just randomly guessing about the extent of his concussion or are you just being dramatic?

Richard at Remax
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
IM going to go with dramatic. He was allowed to fly home, which is a big deal because if it was serious he would have to stay behind. But my hunch says he doesn't play against Sac or maybe Denver, just to make sure the cobwebs are gone.

adaniel
04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Do you just say stuff for shock value or do you just not care if you have any credibility? This post is pure stupidity. A concussion does not mean you're done for the season. Don't post unless you have knowledge about something.

Sheesh, chill out. When I said rest of the season, I meant the last 2 remaining games. He'll probably be back for the playoffs. Maybe I should have said regular season.

jn1780
04-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Sheesh, chill out. When I said rest of the season, I meant the last 2 remaining games. He'll probably be back for the playoffs. Maybe I should have said regular season.

Physically back is one thing. Mentally back is another thing.

RadicalModerate
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
So, just out of curiosity . . . (not being a big BBFan) . . .
Has anyone else checked out the RonA/Metta[Whirledpeece] personal website?

I wonder if this guy might consider Trading Spaces with Zimmerman (the florida scofflaw).

(In terms of being certifiably nuts.)

BradR
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow that was a cheap shot

RadicalModerate
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Agreed.
Now what do "we" do about it?
Refer to Jim Kyle suggestion, above.

How about putting him in a hoodie, spinning him around . . .
and giving "Metta" a ticket to . . .
maybe . . . oh . . . i dunno . . . Florida?

As an act of contrition for, say, perhaps, a Venial/Moral sin . . . ?

Bill Robertson
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Artest should be gone. For good. I'm not saying that as a huge Thunder fan, which I am. But as a NBA fan. This isn't his first or second or third similar offense. He has been suspended for almost 120 games in his career. 108 of them in one season. He needs to be out of the league.

Also, I give kudos to the four commentators at halftime. For one, one of them opened by saying that he refused to call Ron Artest by the name Metta World Peace because this was clearly a Ron Artest move. They all seemed to agree. Then Magic Johnson stated that even though he's a former Laker he was "disgusted" at the play and he believed that the issue behind it is the Lakers know that OKC, Memphis and San Antonio are better than the Lakers are. It was the first time in a long time that I enjoyed listening to commentators.

Bellaboo
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM

The NBA has some rigorus standards for concussions, several phases of tests to pass. It doesn't happen over night.....Let's hope he's back for the playoffs.

dankrutka
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM

It's an important distinction. Sorry, but your comment combined with others were putting out misinformation. Saying someone is "done for the season" definitely implies they won't play until next season. Moving on...

RadicalModerate
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm thinkin' Harden needs to hire a good lawyer and take away everything "MettaMan" owns.
Except for his debts.
Maybe Vincent Bugliosi.
Or Racehorse Haynes.
Or that Convincing Guy from Wyoming.

(Point is: That sort of "sports s-it" should not go unpunished. Even in the "real" world.)

Bellaboo
04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm thinkin' Harden needs to hire a good lawyer and take away everything "MettaMan" owns.
Except for his debts.
Maybe Vincent Bugliosi.
Or Racehorse Haynes.
Or that Convincing Guy from Wyoming.

(Point is: That sort of "sports s-it" should not go unpunished. Even in the "real" world.)

Totally agree....you can just imagine how our fans will react if he shows his face in our place either this year or next....

RadicalModerate
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I am ashamed to admit this . . . (yet)
I am looking forward to The Local Anti-Will Rogers-esque Reception that the thuggish buffoon will receive when that day comes.

Tar and Feathers and Rails (for the "out of town" part) come to mind . . .
But if The Management of the NBA still has anything remotely resembling "Integity" then that two-bit clown will only be playing basketball in the Maldives and all "confrontations" will have been rendered "moot" . . .

Bellaboo
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I am ashamed to admit this . . . (yet)
I am looking forward to The Local Anti-Will Rogers-esque Reception that the thuggish buffoon will receive when that day comes.

Tar and Feathers and Rails (for the "out of town" part) come to mind . . .
But if The Management of the NBA still has anything remotely resembling "Integity" then that two-bit clown will only be playing basketball in the Maldives and all "confrontations" will have been rendered "moot" . . .

I'd bet there will be some organized 'Piece of S*&T' salutes tossed his way come game time.

RadicalModerate
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Hopefully, that won't have to happen because The Wise Guides of The National Basketball Association will have been miraculously cured of their apparent Integrity Awareness Deficit that transcends what some might construe as an extra fowl foul.

MettaBSRA/Lakers is a goner.
should i say or else? =)

Wow. That's close to Amish Shunning.
Thank God they aren't into Basketball.

(Would asking the OKCPD--with the backing of Mayor Mick and various LegalClones--for a restraining/arrest warrant if "Metta" crosses a certain geographical line be out out the question? Prob'ly it wud . . .)

OSUMom
04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
is anyone else surprised that the NBA didn't make a decision on any suspension today? I wouldn't think this would be that hard of decision.

poe
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
For some reason, the Nancy Kerrigan/Tanya Harding beating flashed through my head when I heard what happened. I'm sure once MWP is out of the NBA (whether through force, "retirement", or on his own accord), he'll end up with a reality show.

dankrutka
04-23-2012, 08:46 PM
is anyone else surprised that the NBA didn't make a decision on any suspension today? I wouldn't think this would be that hard of decision.

I heard today that normal protocol is the afternoon before the team's next game, which would be Thursday. I bet it will come before then though.

Stan Silliman
04-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Ron Artest should already have been kicked out of the league for the terrible puns he tweeted about Jeremy Lin:

LINSANITY, IN TWEETS AND POEMS

Can you wrap your head around Jeremy Lin, his shockingly good performances and the mania it is causing - the sleeping on his brother’s couch, the end-of-the-bench fairytale, having 5’6” parents and growing to be 6’3”, the Rudyness and Rockyness of it all? Here’s one shocker – he’s in the NBA and he graduated college. It’s almost unheard of.

Here’s another head-scratcher: Of all the fans really, really crazy over Lin, his biggest supporters are other NBA players. And many of these guys, like Anthony Bogut and Metta World Peace are Lin-tweeting like crazy, throwing puns around like elbows.

Here’s Bogut: “Breaking: ESPN could be officially renamed LISPN soon!”
Metta World Peace answers “Jeremy Lin can score on anyone without a probLIN.”

Followed by “Excuse me ma’am, are you Latino? What LINguage do you speak?”
Comment break here: That was stupid, Ron.

Steve Nash makes more sense “It’s crazy. I’m watching Linsanity hoping every shot goes in. Hope I never grow up.”
Here’s Metta to make sure you never grow up: “Are you LINsane? Can you LIN me a dollar? Is there a LINiear eclipse tonight? I might wear LINing tonight.”

Do you remember noting Lin graduated from college? Well, Ron Artest (Metta’s old name) went to college, also, for two years so this doesn’t reflect well on St. John’s. Do not expect St. John’s to be using Metta World Peace tweets in their promotional brochures. Especially this one:

“Chinese currency should be LIN instead of YEN…”
Um, gee, Metta weighs 260 pounds and likes to box. Is it such a good idea to point out the YEN is not Chinese currency?
LINSANITY, IN TWEETS AND POEMS by Stan Silliman humor sports comedy cartoons articles

Two things we take away from the Lin story: 1) Beds make you soft and 2) Steal food off your sibling’s plate. Why? Because he crashed on his brother’s couch not wanting to risk signing a year’s lease and as a growing boy, he ate twice as much as his brothers, thereby outgrowing them by five to six inches, justifying a limerick:

“Eat twice as much as your siblings
Leave them only a few of the nibblings
This advice will carry you far
If you plan to be a NBA star
Of course, it helps to be adept at dribbling.”

Another limerick:

“It’s enough to make your head spin
The exploits of Jeremy Lin
From couch to a hero
Like going 60 from zero
As a starter for seven straight wins.”

OKCDrummer77
04-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Just announced: He is suspended 7 games.

http://www.nba.com

Easy180
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Not too bad but it would be nice if the Lakers would tell him sayanora but we all know wins and losses are more important

ljbab728
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
No reason we can't have a little fun with this since James is going to be OK.

http://newsok.com/el-reno-pastor-makes-playful-jab-in-thunder-invocation/article/3670068