View Full Version : Here We Go Again

FFLady
04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
I guess this title is becoming my norm on here......

http://www.news9.com/story/17590821/del-city-police-officer-charged-in-shooting-death-surrenders-to-authorities

this one, I really don't understand....I'm sure there are a couple on here who will try and help me - lol

HewenttoJared
04-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Based on the details given in that story I don't see why charges were filed.

kevinpate
04-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Don't know any of the details beyond what is in the linked news article. However, as I imagine most know, charging decisions are not based on what a reporter, or editor, submits to the folk. I'm not at all uncomfortable with the notion there is a tad more information behind the decision to bring the charge. Time will tell.

Double Edge
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Saw that last night. Same clip, which appears to be more informative than the text. Not answered...the kid had a weapon but nothing has been said about any attempt on his part to use it. Did he reach for it, pull it out, point it or did the cop just find it in the altercation and remove it?

If he didn't threaten violence, was running in a high speed chase and then on foot while formerly in possession of a weapon (legality unknown by the cops at this point), reason enough to be shot and killed by a police officer?

I don't know the answer to that but it sure affirms if cops are involved (or pseudo cops, or just about anyone with a damn gun and some idea of authority) and you want to live you better stop and make like you might die if you don't.

HewenttoJared
04-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I would personally say that a high-speed chase is violence. But I really don't know the law that well.

Double Edge
04-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I would personally say that a high-speed chase is violence. But I really don't know the law that well.

I would say a high speed chase is grossly, criminally negligent and potentially life threatening for sure. From what we think we know, he wasn't in the car nor attempting to get back behind the wheel of a car at the moment he was shot though, so any immediate deadly threat from a vehicle was gone.