View Full Version : Plaza Court

Luke
04-29-2005, 09:44 AM
http://www.okgazette.com/builder/BuilderFPnew.asp?DocDate=4/29/2005&Prefix=FPnew&PathIn=F:\InetPub\wwwroot\inex008\builder\docin&RelPathIn=builder/DocIn&MenuDate=4/29/2005

Check out that article from the Gazette. It talks about the coming changes to the Plaza Court building. It's being refurbished and new businesses are coming in. Sounds very exciting. One quote from the article was that national retailers have shown some interest.

Each time I drive by I look for someone to talk to, but there hasn't been. If I see someone I'll let you know what I dig up. Anybody have any information on this?

Patrick
04-29-2005, 11:37 PM
There is so much potential in the midtown area. This area is on te firnges on the CBD to the south, and Heritage Hills to the north. I'll admit, like downtownguy, I am sorta surprised that progress is moving so quicly on the Plaza Court renovations, but I'm definitely glad to see it. This historic building needs to be restored to her former glory. Now one can only hope that Greatful Bean Cafe will reopen in the old Kaiser's Ice Cream building.

Sooner&RiceGrad
05-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I clicked on your link but it was that story about teens and sex.

Does Plaza Court mean something else? LOL

russellc
05-01-2005, 12:17 PM
S&RG, it is the 3rd article on the page.

I absolutely love that building. In fact, I have a picture I took of it hanging in my bedroom.
The round-a-bout infront of the building is almost finished too. Some people are not familiar with the concept, and don't want to yeild to anyone already going around, but they'll learn, one way or another.

Sooner&RiceGrad
05-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh. Silly me.

Ya, looks great!

metro
05-02-2005, 11:18 AM
This info has been available for awhile. FYI rumor has it some of the national retailers they are talking to is Starbucks, for some reason, I suspect a US Cellular will go into there too

Luke
05-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I was gonna say Starbucks seems like a perfect fit there. If so, it'll be a lot closer to me than the one at 63rd.

:)

Midtowner
05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
S&RG, it is the 3rd article on the page.

I absolutely love that building. In fact, I have a picture I took of it hanging in my bedroom.
The round-a-bout infront of the building is almost finished too. Some people are not familiar with the concept, and don't want to yeild to anyone already going around, but they'll learn, one way or another.

You know, the traffic structure is one of the more accident prone traffic structures around. Take that and the fact that most people in the downtown/midtown area are lost or clueless anyhow, I think that's going to end up being a bad intersection.

Maybe one day, I can open up a personal injury law practice in the plaza building and specialize in personal injury cases arising from accidents in that intersection -- at the very least, perhaps I could rent that billboard that overlooks the intersection and place an ad saying "HURT? CALL 123-4567"

Yes, I'm kidding ;)

soonerguru
05-03-2005, 08:34 AM
You know, the traffic structure is one of the more accident prone traffic structures around.

Not doubting you, Midtowner, but where did you get that information? What I've heard is that roundabouts aren't nearly as dangerous as they are made out to be.

In my estimation, having the roundabout will actually force people to slow down when they go through the intersection, and cause them to at least pay attention to what they're doing when traversing it.

Midtowner
05-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Not doubting you, Midtowner, but where did you get that information? What I've heard is that roundabouts aren't nearly as dangerous as they are made out to be.

In my estimation, having the roundabout will actually force people to slow down when they go through the intersection, and cause them to at least pay attention to what they're doing when traversing it.

Actually, you're right. They aren't dangerous -- in fact, all the studies I found (some here)

http://www.ksu.edu/roundabouts/

indicate that these intersections are significantly safer than those with signal lights. My only worry is that people will be going the wrong way through it, fail to yield, etc. primarily due to the fact that most of the drivers in that area are utterly clueless and lost anyhow (if you work or live downtown, you'll know what I'm talking about, I've never been a witness to so many collisions, ever -- but come to think of it, most of those collisions were at 4-way stops with signal lights).

There is data, however, that shows they're dangerous for cyclists :)

Not that this is a huge concern in that neighborhood.

Luke
05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Has someone called the leasing phone number that is up on the building? I know they probably won't say anything, but who knows? They may spill the beans on businesses showing interest. Anyone wanna try to call? Or at least post the phone number?