View Full Version : So it's been 5 years Since I left... Tell me whats changed since...

fsusurfer
04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey gang! So, its been 5 years this past week since I left OKC. I still drop in from time to time to check the board and see what's going on in the city.. Several things have changed for me since I moved back home, including getting married nearly 2 years ago. I've been back to visit twice since I moved back, but I'd like to know how you feel the direction of the city has gone in the last 5 years.. of course I know the Thunder (of which I am a big fan) have been a great thing for the city, but how about Bricktown? Has it gotten better, worse, stayed the same? When I left, mid-town seemed to be growing in popularity with the young crowd, is that still the case? Also, the cost of living downtown seemed quite high when I moved, has it come down some? Anything else? Thanks for the input guys, I still have much affection for the city... I love being back in Florida, but part of me will always miss OKC!

jn1780
04-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey gang! So, its been 5 years this past week since I left OKC. I still drop in from time to time to check the board and see what's going on in the city.. Several things have changed for me since I moved back home, including getting married nearly 2 years ago. I've been back to visit twice since I moved back, but I'd like to know how you feel the direction of the city has gone in the last 5 years.. of course I know the Thunder (of which I am a big fan) have been a great thing for the city, but how about Bricktown? Has it gotten better, worse, stayed the same? When I left, mid-town seemed to be growing in popularity with the young crowd, is that still the case? Also, the cost of living downtown seemed quite high when I moved, has it come down some? Anything else? Thanks for the input guys, I still have much affection for the city... I love being back in Florida, but part of me will always miss OKC!

Everything is a lot better than it was five years ago. Im not sure about the prices. If there lower its probably because you left at the height of the real estate bubble. Demand though for downtown housing has been going up which Im sure has raised prices somewhat.