View Full Version : Oklahoma Television

mmonroe
04-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I've started to notice how much filming is going on in Oklahoma lately.

A few shows for example:

Mudcats on Discovery
Stormchasers on Discovery
DUI on TLC
Hillbilly Handfishin on Animal Planet
Saving Grace on TNT (Set in Oklahoma, some shots of OKlahoma City, mainly shot in LA and Vancouver, CA.)
Rodney on ABC

Anybody else got any shows on TV that was shot or set here in Oklahoma?

venture
04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
LOL...Mudcats, DUI, and Hillbilly Handfishin...all wonderful shows that won't further the redneck low intellect stereotype already carried by the state. :-)

ljbab728
04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
LOL...Mudcats, DUI, and Hillbilly Handfishin...all wonderful shows that won't further the redneck low intellect stereotype already carried by the state. :-)

I agree, venture. Those aren't anything to get excited about. Now if there was a new series about rattlesnake hunts filmed in Oklahoma that would really put us on the map. LOL

BDK
04-17-2012, 08:03 AM
You guys should check out This Land on the Cox channel. If you have a cable box, you can find it free on demand in the Cox Local section. This Land is a neat little new media undertaking up in Tulsa and I think they're expanding into OKC as we speak.

mmonroe
04-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Well, this list started over beers the other night, didn't say they were great PR shows, LOL

RodH
04-17-2012, 10:01 AM
The Pioneer Woman is a show on the Food Channel that is filmed on a ranch in Osage County.

Swake2
04-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Gardening by the Yard on HGTV was filmed in Tulsa

TheTravellers
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
The Pioneer Woman is a show on the Food Channel that is filmed on a ranch in Osage County.

Not a TV show, but I'm pretty sure that "August: Osage County" will also be filming in Osage County sometime this year.

Larry OKC
04-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Country star Trisha Yearwood has a new cooking show, "Trisha's Southern Kitchen", which will debut this spring on the Food Network (April 14, 10:30 p.m. ET). Shot in Nashville, the series will take viewers into Yearwood's kitchen...
Hmmm, would have thought it would be shot at their place here in Oklahoma....guess not

damonsmuz
04-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Stormchasers was cancelled a few months ago. And, while it may have been shot a few times on Oklahoma...I wouldn't exactly say that Oklahoma was where every show originated from.

ShiroiHikari
04-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd like to see more stuff shot here besides handfishing and tornados...

Swake2
04-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Hmmm, would have thought it would be shot at their place here in Oklahoma....guess not

Any future shows will be filmed in Oklahoma

Trisha Yearwood's first cooking show was filmed in Nashville, where she got her start as a country music star.

But if the show continues - and she hopes it does - she wants it to feature her life in Oklahoma.

"Ultimately, if I end up doing more shows, I will do them here because I want to be home. And that was the original pitch, because I am still raising girls and I have a girl in high school," Yearwood said.

When the first six episodes of "Trisha's Southern Kitchen" were planned, it made sense to film in Nashville because some of the guests and scenes they wanted to shoot were there.

"It just made sense to be there. But they know, should we go past the first six (episodes), it just makes sense to be here."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=275&articleid=20120408_39_D1_ULNSrs113946

Larry OKC
04-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Good to here, my short Google results didn't bring that up

SoonerQueen
04-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Sadly StormChasers and Saving Grace are no longer in production.

TaoMaas
04-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Recently, there was a show called, "Ned Bruha: Skunk Whisperer" on Animal Planet. I watched a couple of episodes before I realized it was shot in Tulsa.

mmonroe
04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
sounds like Tulsa, hahha