View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church is at it again

SoonerQueen
04-15-2012, 10:01 PM
http://blogs.sparenot.com/godsmacks/2012/04/15/oklahoma-5-smacked/

If nothing will make you mad, this will.

ljbab728
04-15-2012, 10:03 PM

Maybe the good lord will bless us by visiting their church the same way next time.

adaniel
04-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Not that I'm condoning what they are doing, but if people simply ignored WBC they would go away. They obviously get a thrill by the reaction their revolting protests and statements get out of people. Why give them that pleasure?

I, for one, refuse to give this pig diarrhea "church" any ounce of attention that they so desperately crave.

venture
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Not that I'm condoning what they are doing, but if people simply ignored WBC they would go away. They obviously get a thrill by the reaction their revolting protests and statements get out of people. Why give them that pleasure?

I, for one, refuse to give this pig diarrhea "church" any ounce of attention that they so desperately crave.

Ding ding ding.

oneforone
04-16-2012, 03:09 AM

I agree. However the mainstream press is hell bent on pushing religion out of mainstream society. The majority of followers of religion are good people that do their best to set a good example and act accordingly instead of acting like a fool and shoving their beliefs down people's throats. People like this group and other religion follower who act like crazed zealots will always get their time on camera and in the headlines because it increases support for erasing religious views from mainstream society.

Roadhawg
04-16-2012, 07:01 AM
I agree. However the mainstream press is hell bent on pushing religion out of mainstream society. The majority of followers of religion are good people that do their best to set a good example and act accordingly instead of acting like a fool and shoving their beliefs down people's throats. People like this group and other religion follower who act like crazed zealots will always get their time on camera and in the headlines because it increases support for erasing religious views from mainstream society.

How is the media doing this and for what reason?

ou48A
04-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Many in the national media are for anything that makes traditional American religion look bad.
They seldom pay much attention to the millions of great deeds by church followers
but instead focus in on the one in a million nut jobs.

Roadhawg
04-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Many in the national media are for anything that makes traditional American religion look bad.
They seldom pay much attention to the millions of great deeds by church followers
but instead focus in on the one in a million nut jobs.

So you want national media to cover the millions of good deeds people do? How is this pushing religion out of society when they don't do this? Is it news when somebody does something good?

Jersey Boss
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Could you define for me the terms "national media" and "traditional American religion"? How is the "national media" able to coordinate such a policy when they are owned by varied interests and multiple owners as well? Do you not think that many of the so called "tradtional American religions" have not brought a pox on their own houses by being fans and not followers of the deity they worship?

kevinpate
04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
... Is it news when somebody does something good?

Sadly, there are more and more days where it seems that way.

Roadhawg
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Sadly, there are more and more days where it seems that way.

I would like to think the bad things are so few they are the exception and make the news.

Bunty
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM

They are beyond sick in the head.