View Full Version : NBA in Tulsa?

Pages : 1 [2]

BoulderSooner
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Wrong, we had 2 starts after 9 central and 1 after 9:30 central just last week. Clippers at 9:30 and PHX and SAC at 9:00 cst.

thought he meant home games my mistake .... that being said .. the nba does not use a balanced schedule the only common theme is playing the opposite conf 2 times each (during the 82 game season this year was different) ... so what division you are in does not effect how many division games you play

Laramie
04-26-2012, 04:39 PM
You are missing Vancouver from your analysis, which has probably the most upside to all of the available cities.

Vancouver already has an NBA arena and an ownership group committed to reversing the 'experiment' of the Grizzlies. David Stern admitted his biggest mistake was with Vancouver, and the fact he/they let that team sit there and rot. By having the same ownership as the Canucks, Vancouver's corporate support would still flow into the same channel and both teams could be well marketed (as if the Canucks need any marketing). Vancouver has an amazingly large and diverse urban population and this could play into the NBA's expansion ideas for China/Asia moreso than any other city. It is the closest major city to Asia and its demographics are well within the ability to attend games (especially if the team is marketed properly, the biggest mistake of the past). Vancouver could become the Asian/Chinese pipeline for the NBA that Toronto is for European players, and Vancouver would be a nice alternative (again) for Canadians who hate everything Toronto. Vancouver also puts a team back in the Pacific Northwest, creating a local rivalry for Portland, and helps the NBA from placiating to 'Seattle' when there still is no plan for an arena here and the NBA would very likely fail again if the NHL is necessary to get an arena. The Seattle market could be split between the two, with Seattle likely allying with Vancouver (the way Vancouver supports Seattle's NFL and MLB teams). Vancouver has three major professional sports (NHL, CFL, MLS) and the return of the NBA would not extend the market as long as Alquini (Canucks owner) also owns the NBA team. The only thing holding back Vancouver is 1) if the Maloofs would sell at least majority control to Alquini and 2) if the NBA is really serious about the China/Asia strategy (which has failed in every city they have tried thus far). One of the biggest arguments for Vancouver could be the return of natural regional alignment of teams; with OKC moving to the same league as Dallas/San Antonio and Vancouver to the NW, reducing travel costs and player fatigue that currently likely exists having OKC still in the Pac NW league.

Good point, Hot Rod, what's happening in Seattle? Great to know that you are still on many of the Oklahoma forums. Don't look for this team to leave California. Anaheim or San Jose would be the most likely destination if the Kings were to relocate.

I remember you from way back, I use my forum name Laramie, you knew me as Larry Fry.