View Full Version : Commerce Pointe

metro
04-27-2005, 08:53 PM
I've been meaning to post this for over a week now. I mentioned it a few months ago but work ceased, the last week or so they have been doing major dirt moving and work on Commerce Pointe at the NE corner of N. Rockwell and Wilshire, just a half mile south of NW Expressway and Rockwell. I expect another new shopping center. On another note, the new PetCo is open and the Petsmart is under construction, I expect Ross to start soon

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-27-2005, 09:13 PM
PetCo and Petsmart next door to each other?

Patrick
04-28-2005, 12:27 AM
PetCo and Petsmart next door to each other?

Yup, I'd imagine their competition would resemble Walgreens vs. CVS, Target vs. WalMart, Lowes vs. Home Depot, in upcoming years. Seems like their are two solid competitors in every market.

Anyways, thanks for the info. on this new development.

This actually makes me wonder what will happen to the shopping center Hobby Lobby is on at Rockwell and NW Expressway. That center is pretty vacant, as is another center at Council an NW Expressway on the north side of the Expressway.

mranderson
04-28-2005, 04:58 AM
"This actually makes me wonder what will happen to the shopping center Hobby Lobby is on at Rockwell and NW Expressway. That center is pretty vacant, as is another center at Council an NW Expressway on the north side of the Expressway."

Add to this list Southern Hills Shopping Center. Petsmart will move to the new strip center when completed, thus leaving a vacancy. Good Petco location.

metro
04-28-2005, 11:04 AM
why would i add to this list? this thread is about Commerce Pointe and the Rockwell/Expressway, Wilshire area?

mranderson
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM
why would i add to this list? this thread is about Commerce Pointe and the Rockwell/Expressway, Wilshire area?

Just FYI.

metro
04-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Well, I'll resurrect this old thread. Been meaning to post this awhile now. The Northside Softball Complex has been razed down on the NW corner and it appears some new type of development is going in (anyone know what?). On the NE corner several shops have been built, ironically they are not level and it bugs the heck out of me how city inspectors or the tenants allowed the buildings to be built unlevel and slanted. The floors aren't even. On the SW corner the bicycle trails are coming along nicely and possibly even done. These are the trails that connect Lake Hefner to Lake Overholser. I've seen bikers already on them.