View Full Version : Unofficial Blazers Announcement

Patrick
08-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Okay, you heard it here first. The Blazers are the new AA affiliate of the Iowa Stars, the AAA affiliate of the Dallas Stars. So what will this mean for the Blazers and the state? That's right....absolutely nothing. But in Brad Lund's mind, it makes him the king of AA hockey, which is where he'd like to stay. Pretty sad, we're the AA affiliate to Des Moines, a city 1/4 our size.

So what if Lund hasn't made his statement yet.....this is the best thing I can come up with. If we're entering the AHL I'll be really surprised; if we're entering the NHL I'll pass out dead!

Patrick
08-26-2004, 01:11 AM
I still hold out a little hope for the AHL though......the Carolina Hurricanes and Calgary Flames share the Lowell Lock Monsters as their farmclub! Either one could use their own farmclub. But I highly doubt this. I vote for my first option.

If not that, than I go with what the guys on the unground Blazers site are saying....an announcement for new jerseys, a new logo, a new mascot, or something like that. Maybe for the Centennial Celebration we're going to become the Oklahoma City Centennial of the CHL, or maybe since we have the new dome we're going to be the AA affiliate of the Washington Capitals.

Regardless, I doubt we're switching leagues. Why would the king of the CHL, Brad Lund, want to lose his power and prestige?

Patrick
08-26-2004, 01:15 AM
Okay, why in the world would I even think Lund was considering an affiliation with an NHL team???

Here's what's really happening: I think it has to do with the new logos..... rumor has it that the logo is going to feature the state capitol....

Sound like a good guess?

I gues we'll find out tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with our new logo or changing our mascot name.