View Full Version : Tulsa killings

dcsooner
04-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Waited to see if anyone would be outraged over the apparently (not yet confirmed) Race related slaying of African American Oklahomans in Tulsa. Interested in finding out opinions on what appears to be racially motivated killings. Is Oklahoma the covertly racist and overtly homophobic place I believe it to be, in contrast to what is marketed? I have felt for some time that Oklahoma is one of the more intolerant States as it relates to people of different races unless you are playing for OU or some other team. Thoughts

ZYX2
04-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't want to rant at you, so I'll do my best to stick to the point.

First off, you ned to live here or spend significant amounts of time here before you say things like that. It's really not that bad regarding racism. There are people who are, but they are in the vast minority. This was an isolated incident, and very similar to the DC sniper. The guy seemed to have been driving around looking for people to kill for sport.

Anyways, it was scary yesterday being here. He still hasn't been caught and could be anywhere in the city, possibly plotting another attack. I hope he is caught quickly and given the death penalty.

BBatesokc
04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Waited to see if anyone would be outraged over the apparently (not yet confirmed) Race related slaying of African American Oklahomans in Tulsa. Interested in finding out opinions on what appears to be racially motivated killings. Is Oklahoma the covertly racist and overtly homophobic place I believe it to be, in contrast to what is marketed? I have felt for some time that Oklahoma is one of the more intolerant States as it relates to people of different races unless you are playing for OU or some other team. Thoughts

What a fool you are.

Jim Kyle
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Is Oklahoma the covertly racist and overtly homophobic place I believe it to be, in contrast to what is marketed?Why don't you ask some of the frequent posters here who just happen to be black, or others of unconventional sexual preferences? They're here, and unless they choose to identify themselves, you'd never know who they are.

Racism, I fear, is in the eye of the beholder, and perception of it varies widely from one individual to the next. I learned on the battlefields of Korea that the color of a person's skin is no indication of the color of his character, and that stereotyping (racial, sexual, or otherwise) is always less than accurate. It's become politically correct to believe that only whites can be racist, but some of the most extreme racism I've heard has come from the mouths of blacks -- some prominent, and others simply members of the crowd. Dr. King's dream of a color-blind society, unfortunately, is still far from being achieved, and might even be more distant than it was when he spoke!

Spartan
04-07-2012, 05:55 PM
CNN broke in with this story and I was kind of surprised, it doesn't seem like something that would normally be newsworthy. I remember many nights at Brookside and its really common for people to harass club/restaurant patrons for "directions," one of the oldest local scams there are. Usually it happens a block off Peoria, in the neighborhood where everybody parks.

At the very least, it seems as if TPD is handling it much more professionally than the Florida deal.

ZYX2
04-07-2012, 07:18 PM
CNN broke in with this story and I was kind of surprised, it doesn't seem like something that would normally be newsworthy. I remember many nights at Brookside and its really common for people to harass club/restaurant patrons for "directions," one of the oldest local scams there are. Usually it happens a block off Peoria, in the neighborhood where everybody parks.

At the very least, it seems as if TPD is handling it much more professionally than the Florida deal.

Not newsworthy?? A guy was randomly driving around over night and early morning looking for people to kill just for fun. That is not a common occurrence, even it it was in north Tulsa.

Spartan
04-07-2012, 07:43 PM
For me to see it on CNN in a coffeehouse in Calgary?

Now, as much as I hope this can somehow get linked to our own moronic "castle" law in Oklahoma and thus strike that law down, that would at least make it seem more national-news.

Questor
04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
It's been picked up world-wide now. I just checked and it's on the front pages of BBC News, the Brisbane Times, and Japan Today.

metro
04-07-2012, 10:03 PM

How about we don't jump to conclusions and let the courts decide. Whatever happened to due process?

metro
04-07-2012, 10:05 PM

You clearly haven't studied progressivism, expect more of this traditionally non headline leading stories to pop up this year to try and stir up anger in the streets.

Achilleslastand
04-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Its too bad this story wont get that kind of attention......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-invasion-Oklahoma-couple-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-date.html#ixzz1psj5QLCv

metro
04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Why don't you ask some of the frequent posters here who just happen to be black, or others of unconventional sexual preferences? They're here, and unless they choose to identify themselves, you'd never know who they are.

Racism, I fear, is in the eye of the beholder, and perception of it varies widely from one individual to the next. I learned on the battlefields of Korea that the color of a person's skin is no indication of the color of his character, and that stereotyping (racial, sexual, or otherwise) is always less than accurate. It's become politically correct to believe that only whites can be racist, but some of the most extreme racism I've heard has come from the mouths of blacks -- some prominent, and others simply members of the crowd. Dr. King's dream of a color-blind society, unfortunately, is still far from being achieved, and might even be more distant than it was when he spoke!

Just as the "progressives" have planned all along, expect it to get worse and worse until after the election sometime.

SoonerQueen
04-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Just as the "progressives" have planned all along, expect it to get worse and worse until after the election sometime.

I hope they find the shooter soon. He is obviously a sick person. One of the victims said he was a white man and that he was asking directions as a ploy to talk to the victim. Sad thing that you can't go outside and take a walk without fearing for your life.

dankrutka
04-08-2012, 02:19 AM

Good god you're an idiot. There's not a massive liberal conspiracy. It's getting more and more tired.

Spartan
04-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Ugh.

WilliamTell
04-08-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm sorry for the victims and i hope they catch this horrible person. The following qoute that i posted in another thread about this sums up how i feel about these killings and typical oklahoma response to it.

WOW! Plenty of comments and no one offering condolences to the families of the victims. That is what is wrong with this country. Had this happened in Broken Arrow or Jenks or Owasso there would be hundreds of comments sympathizing with victims and crying for justice. Most of these comments are vilifying the victims and some even suggest their deaths were appropriate and justified.

Living in oklahoma has become a scary thing. I used to be so proud of this state and loved living here but then I started reading the comment section and a different picture of my neighbors emerged. Hard to believe this is the Bible belt.

Our family is praying for your families and hopes you get the answers and justice you need.

Roadhawg
04-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I hope they find the shooter soon. He is obviously a sick person. One of the victims said he was a white man and that he was asking directions as a ploy to talk to the victim. Sad thing that you can't go outside and take a walk without fearing for your life.

I agree. I'll wait to hold judgement until they catch this guy and more information comes out, just as I have with the Zimmerman case in Florida. To the OP I'm outraged that somebody would do this no matter what color they are. To Metro I agree with KilgoreTrout, you're an idiot.

Easy180
04-08-2012, 08:58 AM
You clearly haven't studied progressivism, expect more of this traditionally non headline leading stories to pop up this year to try and stir up anger in the streets.

Rush would be proud...Now Craig I'm not so sure

redrunner
04-08-2012, 09:21 AM

Spoken like a true Glenn Beck sheeple.

mcca7596
04-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Its too bad this story wont get that kind of attention......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117695/Brutal-home-invasion-Oklahoma-couple-ends-65-year-romance-meeting-blind-date.html#ixzz1psj5QLCv

Yep.

Jim Kyle
04-08-2012, 10:40 AM
The BBC is reporting that two persons have been arrested: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17651621

kevinpate
04-08-2012, 11:07 AM
from Newsok:
http://newsok.com/2-men-arrested-in-connection-with-tulsa-shootings/article/3664767

from Tulsa World:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=297&articleid=20120408_297_0_Tomnhv525414
(http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=297&articleid=20120408_297_0_Tomnhv525414)

from the TW story:

A man who is identified on [19 year old shooting suspect] Jake England’s Facebook page as his father, Carl England, was fatally shot April 5, 2010, at Comanche Park Apartments, 3608 N. Quaker Ave., about a quarter mile east of where Allen’s body was found, according to the Tulsa World's archives.

The man arrested in the death, Pernell Demond Jefferson, was charged with pointing a firearm and is serving a prison sentence through October 2014, according to Department of Corrections records.

Jefferson is black.

Jake England makes several references to the two-year anniversary of his father’s death on his Facebook page, including a post 3:04 p.m. Thursday that says, “Today is two years that my dad has been gone shot by a f------ n----- it's hard not to go off between that and sheran I'm gone in the head.”

England’s Facebook page indicates that his girlfriend, Sheran Hart Wilde, recently died. Her death notice was published Jan. 12 in the Tulsa World.

Fields, Clark and Allen were likely killed early Friday, police said. Fields’ body was discovered about 1 a.m. in a yard in the 1000 block of East 51st Place North. Clark’s body was found about 1:50 a.m. in another yard in the 300 block of West 63rd Street North and Allen’s body was found about 8:30 a.m. in the 800 block of East 36th Street North.

The two men who survived were found in the street in the 1300 block of East 51st Place North three minutes after police found Fields’ body.

Willingham said early Sunday that he could not confirm whether revenge was a motive. Police had previously said that the victims had no apparent connection to each other.

At 10:15 p.m. Friday, Jake England posted on Facebook, “Chilling at that house people talking s--- on me for some s--- I didn't do ... it just mite be the time to call it quits I I hate to say it like that but I'm done if something does happen tonite be ready for another funeral later.”

Achilleslastand
04-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Seems like the mediots are doing all they can to further divide race. Its also too bad that black on white crime and black on black crime that are much more prevelant get almost no coverage at all.

Roadhawg
04-08-2012, 12:27 PM
+1

FFLady
04-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I wish color didn't have to mean a thing...........................

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/assault/videotaped-baltimore-street-beating-879234

Achilleslastand
04-09-2012, 03:46 PM

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/assault/videotaped-baltimore-street-beating-879234

That was sickening......
Cue all the apologists proclaiming that they grew up in a poor and less then stellar enviorment.
Where are the good reverends{and i use the term loosely}Sharpton and Jackson?

dcsooner
04-09-2012, 04:45 PM

Every one of these barbaric thugs should be prosecuted and thrown into jail. No excuse or justification for doing anyone like this! This is a reflection of Sin and Hatred on full display in a dying world

WilliamTell
04-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Disgusting video - But this is a thread about 5 of your oklahoma neighbors being shot outside of their homes because of the color of their skin.

I think the hate crime laws should be used MORE. You attack a white guy walking down the block(and have your friends tape it), guess what you get life in prision with no possibility of parole and your 'friends' get charged with an assisted hate crime while they stood by and you got attacked. The whole thing doesnt need to go any deeper than that.

This isnt a competition between races about who can out disgust the other ones or somehow suggesting that some how 5 black people getting shot is 'ok' because some white guy in baltimore got beat up, robbed, and sexually assaulted. Because when you get thinking like that its not very far off in generalizing that Germany suffered hardships because of some jew bankers, so all jews are bad and killing them is justified.

Questor
04-09-2012, 07:51 PM
So we are now equating pantsing a guy with viciously murdering five completely and totally innocent random people in their front yards?

dankrutka
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Nice post, Sid. We should be sad for all of these murders and their victims. The reason the North Tulsa story gets more attention than the other story is motive. In one case, guys were out looking to kill people because of their skin color. In the other case, people were robbing someone and killed one of them. Both cases are incredibly unjust. However, the first one will get more attention because the motive leaves more to wrestle with in some ways. For the families involved, there is no way to measure their pain.

Roadhawg
04-10-2012, 06:50 AM
All the recent cases are sad and I agree with FFlady... wish color didn't matter

Bill Robertson
04-10-2012, 06:59 AM

Amen lady. It doesn't to me and I wish it didn't to anybody. You are what you are, good or bad, no matter what color.

FFLady
04-10-2012, 07:01 AM
That was sickening......
Cue all the apologists proclaiming that they grew up in a poor and less then stellar enviorment.
Where are the good reverends{and i use the term loosely}Sharpton and Jackson?

Uh huh, and could these be Obama's son's?

I don't think the killings in Tulsa will be hate crimes. Mr. England apparently grew up in a mixed-race home. I DO NOT justify murders at all....this guy took his revenge to a whole new level, especially since his Dad's killer is in prison. With everything that is going on in this world today, I'm surprised I'm not looney :dizzy: but then I think, why stress-it? We don't make it out of here alive anyways......

Bill Robertson
04-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Now, as much as I hope this can somehow get linked to our own moronic "castle" law in Oklahoma and thus strike that law down, that would at least make it seem more national-news.This killer didn't seem to be defending himself in any way, shape, sort or form. How on earth would you tie it to the "castle" law?

kevinpate
04-10-2012, 05:06 PM
This killer didn't seem to be defending himself in any way, shape, sort or form. How on earth would you tie it to the "castle" law?

This.

Hunting random strangers, whether as some sort of a 'you'll do 'cause damnit I be angry at the world and miss my dad' payback or not, has no more to do with conceal carry, open carry, Stand my ground, make my day than it does a game of flashlight tag. In short, not one blessed connection.

Some angry sad young man and perhaps his older friend went out on a kill ride.

BBatesokc
04-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Alleged Tulsa killers charged with murder, hate crime

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justice/oklahoma-shootings/?hpt=hp_t3