View Full Version : NewsOK Editorials

Roadhawg
04-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Please feel free to move this if needed.

I was reading the NewsOK site and wondered why the editorials bashing Obama, there are several, are never signed. Doesn't the editorial department back their articles enough to put a name on it?

ctchandler
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Actually, unsigned editorials are normally attributed to the editor of the paper. He/she is listed in the list of the Oklahoman executives. That's where the name editorial comes from I suspect. Maybe Steve will see your comment or mine and chime in.
C. T.

windowphobe
04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
It's no trick to find the names of the people responsible for the editorial page.

Also, some editorials of late have been imported from the corporate sister paper, the Washington Examiner, though they're generally (1) at the bottom of the page and (2) marked as such, at least in the actual paper. (On oklahoman.com, the site for us swells who think we're too good to read NewsOK, only #2 applies.)

venture
04-06-2012, 11:37 PM
The editorial page of the DOK is pretty funny at time by just how slanted it is. Unlike the Transcript which is far more balanced and has presented more realistic viewpoints.

ljbab728
04-06-2012, 11:56 PM
The editorial page of the DOK is pretty funny at time by just how slanted it is. Unlike the Transcript which is far more balanced and has presented more realistic viewpoints.

As least we're past the days of the front page editorials which were always "very" balanced. LOL

venture
04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
As least we're past the days of the front page editorials which were always "very" balanced. LOL

Thanks LJ. Now they'll be back Sunday. :-)

Roadhawg
04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Wow... Just read the editorial and responses for 'Circus accompanying Revs. Jackson, Sharpton is last thing Tulsa needs' and I was waiting for a Klan meeting to break out.

Read more: http://newsok.com/circus-accompanying-revs.-jackson-sharpton-is-last-thing-tulsa-needs/article/3665786#ixzz1rvn5kVSa

ThomPaine
04-16-2012, 03:08 PM
What really irks me is that in their 'Politics' section, they've gone to either publishing verbatim, or linking to stories from The Washington Examiner. I had to remember where I knew that paper from, and then I realized it is one of the two papers they hand out for free as you're getting on the Metro in DC. So, with all the "interesting" political stories going on in and around Oklahoma, the DOK is just too busy to cover those, so they just surf over to the The Washington Examiner website and cut and paste.

I can't stand it, but there are few other options for local news.

NoOkie
04-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Wow... Just read the editorial and responses for 'Circus accompanying Revs. Jackson, Sharpton is last thing Tulsa needs' and I was waiting for a Klan meeting to break out.

Read more: http://newsok.com/circus-accompanying-revs.-jackson-sharpton-is-last-thing-tulsa-needs/article/3665786#ixzz1rvn5kVSa

The comments section on the DOK is all but useless. Aside from a general lack of varying viewpoints, it mostly seems to be the "regulars" screaming at each other and hurling insults.

HewenttoJared
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
They're a business and they know their customer.

ljbab728
04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
What really irks me is that in their 'Politics' section, they've gone to either publishing verbatim, or linking to stories from The Washington Examiner. I had to remember where I knew that paper from, and then I realized it is one of the two papers they hand out for free as you're getting on the Metro in DC. So, with all the "interesting" political stories going on in and around Oklahoma, the DOK is just too busy to cover those, so they just surf over to the The Washington Examiner website and cut and paste.

I can't stand it, but there are few other options for local news.

Keep in mind that both newspapers have the same owner now. It's not that surprising.

ThomPaine
04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Keep in mind that both newspapers have the same owner now. It's not that surprising.

Wow. I just realized how far out of the loop I have been. I did not know that. I knew the Examiner was owned by a ultra conservative, but had no idea he had bought the Oklahoman. Does this mean the Tulsa World will be more independent? I know they had started getting cozy with NewsOK.

For what its worth, I just realized a few weeks ago that the Gazette does an online print replication which is pretty handy for local events news.

Larry OKC
04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Think it happened this past October??