View Full Version : New 2011 population estimates for OKC metropolitan area

Pages : 1 [2]

Spartan
04-09-2012, 12:39 AM
That's interesting, because that's significantly higher than our census-defined "urbanized area," which I guess must include almost everything except Norman.

Oh and I forgot, but thanks for the link lj.

Architect2010
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I have a question. Once the link between Moore and Norman becomes completely urbanized, does Norman's population suddenly annex onto our Urbanized Area population? I've always wondered that.

wallbreaker
04-11-2012, 12:23 AM
What about Edmond population in the last 10 years?

Edmond 2000-2010 growth was 19.2%.

Oil Capital
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
I have a question. Once the link between Moore and Norman becomes completely urbanized, does Norman's population suddenly annex onto our Urbanized Area population? I've always wondered that.

Yes, eventually it will be one urbanized area.

Bellaboo
04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Based on that data, it appears that Oklahoma and Cleveland counties are the biggest winners.

If i'm reading this correct, from 2010 to 2011, Canadian county has a higher percentage gain than Cleveland county ???

G.Walker
04-16-2012, 08:09 AM
With the Dallas Metroplex reaching close to 7 million and being the 4th largest metro area in the U.S., the Oklahoma City metro might see a growth spurt due to population bleed over from the Dallas Metroplex. Many people in very large metro areas tend to leave when it gets too crowded and tired of that lifestyle, and some tend to move to closer but smaller metros. With the Oklahoma City metro being one of the closest, smaller, but largest metro area to the Dallas Metroplex, we just might see some overflow. Prime examples are cities like Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, who have seen a lot of migration from people from the L.A. metro area. Another example could be Austin's growth spurt, with migration for Dallas.

dcsooner
04-16-2012, 08:14 AM
With the Dallas Metroplex reaching close to 7 million and being the 4th largest metro area in the U.S., the Oklahoma City metro might see a growth spurt due to population bleed over from the Dallas Metroplex. Many people in very large metro areas tend to leave when it gets too crowded and tired of that lifestyle, and some tend to move to closer but smaller metros. With the Oklahoma City metro being the closest, smaller, but largest metro area to the Dallas Metroplex, we just might see some overflow. Prime examples are cities like Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, who have seen a lot of migration from people from the L.A. metro area.

I tend to agree this is a trend we are likely to experience within the not to distant future, if not already.

Architect2010
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I think so too. Texas tags have become more frequent around town. Then again, Texas plates have always been the second majority. :P

Yes, eventually it will be one urbanized area.

Thankyou! I find that really interesting... for all things statistical anyways.